Best kiwi side ever to tour

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
England has 3 times the population of us, South Africa twice the population, India a trillion times the population, so what.
Exactly, we punch above our weight compared to nations of very different culture.
Closest nation in lifestyle of Kiwis with 20 million less than us expected to be as good as us is not realistic.
Odd time they will go close with a handful of champions like Hadlee and Crowe but that may happen once every few generations.
Potting them is just stupid for a nation with less population than Victoria.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Few things.

firstly, this is among the worst-performed kiwi sides to ever tour.
That doesn’t make them the worst team to tour.
David Warner was one of the worst performed openers to make an ashes tour.
It doesn’t make him the worst opener to me play an away ashes.
Secondly, I think NZ fell victim to their own hype to some degree.

in the past the unsung kiwi sides that have come here - think 00-01, the 2011-12 series, the last visit here - those sides seemed to play with an underdog mentality and played really bloody minded cricket.

I think this team thought it would turn up on the back of some great form - and whatever anybody wants to say about their opposition, this is a side that has toured Asia well and built a fortress at home - and things would just happen for them.

the only players that showed that typical kiwi bloody mindedness were wagner and to an extent Southee with the ball, and though his scores probably don’t show it,Latham with the bat and to a degree Watling (again no scores to go with it) and maybe Blundell.

I hope for the Kiwis sake that this experience doesn’t break them but that they actually learn from it and improve on it.

Jan 6, 2004
jfgjgfj
Lack of fight on the last two day fours was surprising and disappointing, when you think nz you at least think tough to break down tough to beat but they really melted down on this tour and didn't want to be our there when things were tough.

For me the coach just needs to say to the rest are you working as hard as Wagner? If not why not? If you get a good one so be it but care as much as Wagner does and that's all you can ask and all you can do.

Cold Sober

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man U .White Sox;Storm,Victory
About 6 times the population of New Zealand...
Grade 4 maths could do with repeating..
I'm Austrayan, one of only few.
If you take your mob back your population would double. I've worked in every state in Australia over the last 30 years only.
Australia, biggest greek population outside of Greece.
Impossible to put a number on Asians, that's only in Victoria.
Italians are now Australian.
For obvious reasons color can't come into it, but there are a few.
GRADE 4 MATHS, YOU DO THE SUMS

Cold Sober

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man U .White Sox;Storm,Victory
Thank * for Sth Africans. We'd all be stuffed, we wouldn't have had Wessells or Loosebuschange, the Poms no Tony Greig or Peterson and the Kiwis would still be looking for their own accent.
You lost again, get over it.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
They practice against Cummins in the nets who is a better bowler than Hadlee so I reckon they'd survive.

Hadlee would be no better than Starc with the pink ball....

gtrxuone

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 20, 2014
W.A.
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The Black Ducks
Best Kiwi side in AU.
Has to have Martin Crowe,Sir Richard+John Wright,Chatfield,Bracewell,Danny Morrison.
1987-88.

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
They practice against Cummins in the nets who is a better bowler than Hadlee so I reckon they'd survive.
Wow, clearly never seen the skill Hadlee had. Cummins is good, but not THAT good.
I agree with previous poster. He would dismantle most of our top order easily like he did with the crap batting line-up we had when Kiwis last won a series here.

Pippen94

Cancelled
Jun 12, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
If you take your mob back your population would double. I've worked in every state in Australia over the last 30 years only.
You must be talking about Khawaja, Sangha, Nair, Ahmed or is it Philippe & Labuschagne or Zampa, Stoinis..

Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
A pretty rudderless and pathetic showing. Aside from Southee throwing the ball at Burns(?) in Test 1 and Wagner spamming bouncers they seemed to be about as enthusiastic about their jobs as your average teenager at McDonald's 10 minutes before closing time.

Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Also the whinging about bad luck is pretty funny. "Boult was out" and then Boult was ineffectual once he was in, "We lost a bowler", then Aus lost a bowler and skittled them, "The pitches are roads" popped up a bit until NZ got skittled multiple times.

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Wow, clearly never seen the skill Hadlee had. Cummins is good, but not THAT good.
I agree with previous poster. He would dismantle most of our top order easily like he did with the crap batting line-up we had when Kiwis last won a series here.

Strange that Cummins has a better average than Hadlee against better batsmen then.. In a time where pitches have become flatter and flatter too.

If you think Cummins is just "good" then you clearly have no idea about cricket. He's the number 1 in the world and could end up the number 1 of all time

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Just an ordinary Kiwi side and result a bit too easy in the end. 2nd ranking in world before series kind of showed the general standard of Test cricket has been in an ordinary era when Kiwis can get that high. They should never really be ranked above the top 5 cricket nations. Decent effort in past years to get well above that. Wake up call if they thought they were legit second best Test side in world on ability.

Back