Best KPD 23 or under?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah Harris Andrews looks the goods. Such a shame that Justin Clarke was forced to retire, could have formed a very good 10-year backline around those two guys.

Bloody oath we could have. Clarke despite some criticism had the second least goals kicked on him in just his second or third year out of any KPD right up until round 23 where he had a bag of 7 kicked on him despite playing on the best forward most weeks in a side that had been consistently thrashed.

Have you watched him this season?

Has beaten plenty of good KPF in a side that loses every game. I'd personally much rather Hartley then J.Frost and N.Brown.

I watched him on Sunday against Hawkins.
I think he lost every contest that I saw.

Nathan Brown is a far better player than Hartley.

I watched him on Sunday against Hawkins.
I think he lost every contest that I saw.

Nathan Brown is a far better player than Hartley.
One bad game where he has no help at all from the midfield means he must be s**t. How about the last time he played on Hawkins, where Hawkins didn't have a shot on goal? How about his debut, where he kicked as many goals as his direct opponent in Hogan? Or when he kept Rory Lobb to 0 shots on goal? Or how he kept Josh Bruce to 1 goal, who had kicked 15 goals the last 3 times we played St. Kilda? Hartley has done an admiral job this year playing in a side that concedes on average 57 inside 50's a game. Would be ahead of Brown every day of the week.

Tom McDonald, Jacob Weitering, Jake Lever, Jack Hombsch,

Aliir Aliir, Tom Barrass slip under the radar a bit

Tom McDonald, Jacob Weitering, Jake Lever, Jack Hombsch,

Aliir Aliir, Tom Barrass slip under the radar a bit
Allir allir is gaining attention. Commentator and fans are just noticing barrass for his defensive efforts.

If we had the ability to recognise and draft mids like we seem to with KPP's, we'd win every second premiership.....

Weitering and Harris Andrews for mine.

Next year will be super interesting. Wietering, barrass, Allir, A.pearce, lever, Andrews and Austin. the competion for AA spots in about 3-4 years time (when most hit their prime) will be crazy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May as well exclude McDonald. Will be 24 soon and is the only really established player in the poll. Andrews or Weitering do it for me on exposed form.

Whoever* his opponent was today didn't get a scoring shot while Brand was standing him. Roos got his opponent to lead away from the dangerous spot to make sure he wasn't a factor when the ball came in. That's a lot of respect for a player in his 9th game.

*Hawthorn's defenders chop and change their opponents so it was never just 1 player.
Keen to see Kaiden Brand's numbers from round 23, did he take Cloke or White?

Kaiden Brand.

Currently holds the record of any active player to reach 10 marks in a game in the least amount of games. Took 10 in his 5th game vs. Port.

If he played for Sydney he would be getting raved about, but because he plays for Hawthorn and their defense often gets overlooked and the only media the club seems to get is from that stupid hashtag free kickhawthorn rubbish, he goes unnoticed.

When you factor in experience and use it for a handicap, you'll realise that he's one of 2 KPD's in the 3x reigning premiers and current premiership favourites, he's obviously doing something right and the coaches and recruiting staff rate him highly. The Hawthorn recruiting staff have a knack for finding gems from untapped locations.

Kaiden Brand has played 8 games and is yet to have an opponent get 10 scoring shots against him unlike Tom McDonald had within his first 8 games.

How'd he go the other Friday night against West Coast? Or against Collingwood on the weekend? Oh wait...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back