Best live gig you've ever been to

HalloweenJack

All Australian
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
West Perth Arsenal New York Yankees
Alice Cooper in 1977 at the Perth Entertainment Centre when he reprised Welcome to my Nightmare was brilliant. Seen lots of Bowie and Iggy Pop/Stooges concerts all fantastic as well. Springsteen in 1985 and Neil Young at the same time were equally brilliant. Phil Collins was also touring at the same time but I didn't see his concert.

I also saw Blondie and Elvis Costello both at the Perth Concert Hall in 1979 a few weeks apart. Both were great gigs.

One final comment, The Clash only toured Australia once and this was the Far East Tour in 1982. I saw them at the Capital Theatre in Sydney 3 times. They supported some local Indigenous activists (Gary Foley - can't remember the others) to assist them in getting their message across. This struggle continues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cruyff14

TheBrownDog
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Alice Cooper in 1977 at the Perth Entertainment Centre when he reprised Welcome to my Nightmare was brilliant. Seen lots of Bowie and Iggy Pop/Stooges concerts all fantastic as well. Springsteen in 1985 and Neil Young at the same time were equally brilliant. Phil Collins was also touring at the same time but I didn't see his concert.

I also saw Blondie and Elvis Costello both at the Perth Concert Hall in 1979 a few weeks apart. Both were great gigs.

One final comment, The Clash only toured Australia once and this was the Far East Tour in 1982. I saw them at the Capital Theatre in Sydney 3 times. They supported some local Indigenous activists (Gary Foley - can't remember the others) to assist them in getting their message across. This struggle continues.
YOU SAW SPRINGSTEEN? WOWEEEEEEEEEEEE

blackshadow

Premium Gold
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Team WADA
The E-Street Sirius show? Wowwwwwwwwwww.

Highlights?
Full E-Street band at the Moodie Theatre in Austin, Texas it was part of SXSW. Amazing venue, great sound and sight lines for the whole audience.

Highlights were Bruce and the E-Street band as performers, over a three hour show they just ripped it.

Special guests Tom Morello, Jimmy Cliff, Eric Burden and more all added to the experience and the ultimate highlight was an all star jam and crowd singalong finale of Woody Guthrie's "This Land is our Land" it was moving.

I'm so glad I got to see an American icon in the US, it's a different feel.

Cruyff14

TheBrownDog
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Full E-Street band at the Moodie Theatre in Austin, Texas it was part of SXSW. Amazing venue, great sound and sight lines for the whole audience.

Highlights were Bruce and the E-Street band as performers, over a three hour show they just ripped it.

Special guests Tom Morello, Jimmy Cliff, Eric Burden and more all added to the experience and the ultimate highlight was an all star jam and crowd singalong finale of Woody Guthrie's "This Land is our Land" it was moving.

I'm so glad I got to see an American icon in the US, it's a different feel.
You bastard :D

Would have been amazing.

AFL Club
Essendon
:thumbsu: Mr Yokal, you have a superb taste in music.

The Rollins Band at the palace in November 1995, nothing comes close.

Powder Monkeys played first, then Hank took the stage.

Pure, crushing, intensity.

The paint was peeling off the walls.

Rollins even makes reference to this gig himself, and I consider it a privilege to have been there.

I have a videotape of Rollins in 88 at the Eureka Hotel in Geelong.

Only copy in existence of that gig.

PM if you want a copy.;)[/QUOTE
:thumbsu: Mr Yokal, you have a superb taste in music.

The Rollins Band at the palace in November 1995, nothing comes close.

Powder Monkeys played first, then Hank took the stage.

Pure, crushing, intensity.

The paint was peeling off the walls.

Rollins even makes reference to this gig himself, and I consider it a privilege to have been there.

I have a videotape of Rollins in 88 at the Eureka Hotel in Geelong.

Only copy in existence of that gig.

PM if you want a copy.;)
Hello my names Darren, I was there, outstanding! Slept out the front in my morris 1100. Anyway now 51yo & my son is mhsic crazy and plays in a licak Geelong band. Im always dragging up old footage of gigs back in the day and this us one I've never been able to find , starting to feel kike it never happened maybe a result of over endulgence. I would live to get a copy from you if possible my mobile is 0423778678 hope u get this, thanks.

JackOutback

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Pearl Jam in the Netherlands, 2007, with support from Kings of Leon. Gang of Youths in Fremantle in 2017.

Also, have always liked them without being a huge fan, but Prodigy put on an amazing set at a festival in 2010. Had 20,000 people moshing at one point.

ROOINYOU

Club Legend
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets!
Tool-Lateralus tour was awesome...stands out for sound quality.
STP,Pearl Jam,Social D,Mudvayne,Alice in Chains,Chevelle,Metallica and even Cypress Hill were all good.

Most fun had at a concert was easily ACDC...sadly never to happen again.
..man i got ****** up that night!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
******* stupid game
Probably The Wailers down at Selinas in Coogee, a few years after Bob Marley died. It was pretty much his entire band except Junior Marvin had moved out front on vocals. It was absolutely incredible, I wonder how much better Marley could have made it.

Honourable mentions:

The Angels on the Liveline tour at the Enmore.
The Angles, Rose Tattoo and the Screaming Jets at Selinas.
Motorhead at the Luna Park tent.
Jack White at the Hordern.
Transvision Vamp at Selinas.
AC/DC. Saw them three times at the Sydney Entertainment Centre, before they started doing stadium shows.

norway blue

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Carlton
The cure in Melbourne at the musicians club ( brilliant first tour to Australia) PIL ,s first tour to Australia in 84 I think when the band started with order of death . Carcass in Edinburgh in 1990. Ramones at the hordern early 90,s . ( the whole room was pogoing violently) . Too many to mention lol. More recently Rollo Tomassi a few years ago in Sydney. And special mention to dweezel Zappa at the Enmore . Omg I’ve got heaps.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jaxes

Club Legend
AFL Club
Essendon
bloke i work with loves telling me he went to that Mick Jagger gig at the corner hotel mentioned in the OP every chance he gets

Top Bottom