Discussion Best Longsleeve Guernsey Ever?

Remove this Banner Ad

giblj

Cancelled
Nov 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
37263891_209899273017190_4258337435487830016_n.jpg

Nice pic of the great man Ed in his longy today

mr_meeseeks92

Debutant
Nov 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
I find it strange that over here in the west both our teams don’t wear long sleeve guernseys I can’t remember the last time I seen west coast or Fremantle wearing a long sleeve. It’s a shame because I think both teams long sleeves would look great, does anyone have any idea as to how it works on game day ? Would they have long sleeves put aside if a player requested one on the day ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Storm20

Been Here A Long Time
Aug 27, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I find it strange that over here in the west both our teams don’t wear long sleeve guernseys I can’t remember the last time I seen west coast or Fremantle wearing a long sleeve. It’s a shame because I think both teams long sleeves would look great, does anyone have any idea as to how it works on game day ? Would they have long sleeves put aside if a player requested one on the day ?

Players need to request them at the start of the season, then they are usually brought to every game on request, so they can decide to pull it on last minute if they wish.

makri

Team Captain
Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Players need to request them at the start of the season, then they are usually brought to every game on request, so they can decide to pull it on last minute if they wish.
Really, not sure these days but Collingwood were with Adidas they would get made up two sets of sleeveless and one set of long sleeves as well as various sized jumpers that were blank so numbers could be added if needed.

giblj

Cancelled
Nov 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Was listening to an interview with Lewis Young a while back and he was saying that they take a while to make up a proper longy so when he debuted last year he went with the double jumper until one was made. He said they could have got a number quickly printed on one for him but it would've deteriorated.

Also interestingly our VFL team doesn't have longys at all so anyone wearing one there is wearing an AFL long sleeve underneath.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Storm20

Been Here A Long Time
Aug 27, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Can someone link me to the post that someone did of the Adelaide Sharks long sleeve concept? I've been doing some enquiring and looks like I can get some long sleeve versions made up (if there are 10 of us)

Ta!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back