Discussion Best Longsleeve Guernsey Ever?

Remove this Banner Ad

Samiam_98

One Club Playa
Aug 27, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
A one off match maybe. But not for an entire year. The bottom line is that many people identify the red with Fitzroy and Fitzroy themselves currently wear the red jumper and will do so this weekend in their Grand Final.

From a couple of weeks ago.

sL0UZ4zdtHYC3fNPwvCXKBe9-8XCbNkYxri4pe_-8jVRSKWx8wj7wwMse_VDo8y14ASU0gyyemcX3wom3KBX246wKy6klIFHjydm1tNAru37W-GkG-ezDK9Xjrq6XHrnPTfNIUTDmCAVtLGXKNMHBz50BvVt2NT8KL9u3lzs_b478gQXB0OQuV7R95hv0m1RIq2tQyO1o62G_KuGOsOQzhdBNyTaD759COEan89UFPB_ijMKH3LorCPU00EI-mWAwQ4Lb6-CmoV3MvelqhkcFFpKpYDsh1xQvwQGRQyXecITDiFxym9xpq5E0YExjVTkvRvEPnJkTHnElUwJBUdqN-z7uPPZb9Q58J2d9TExlqj86REUyWWBogtkImH12NnNB7m9XYEI5zuOdSaXnD-vsbnwBX1TPE3PEYOV5BpCPp72t5BLVx6-13pQ04mlYjSc5LOCEdHv5CP52k637HbI4A-zBqq2vVPsnnFM2ADg0-lAvNX76Mzzz7e50yBJKB0ey2f1Tmq7QJ-_OKwZDbm0E3ZD32CPPRejOPgQNM4Qy1PDolnO5GjgmKIvPK6CvexsXejAudJ6Q01ktb6SSlTlfBVzduGg0C2HqbfsLvbkjSZFMVxcP1s6zqbtPwpGoFJLbaXNEPi5qT-4Ai-b4Y4Wze0Pj27mCkhaRD6aTEvQwOdWmbHO6kyIElsmMA=w807-h781-no
Since the afl now allows coloured shorts for away games, maybe they could wear blue shorts with the red guernsey when playing in victoria?

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
Since the afl now allows coloured shorts for away games, maybe they could wear blue shorts with the red guernsey when playing in victoria?
Since when did the AFL allow coloured shorts?

To my knowledge, coloured shorts are only (and have been for as long as I've been watching) used by away teams vs. Sydney and Gold Coast, due to the AFL adjudicating that red is a light colour.

sjohnson

Rory Lobbster
Mar 9, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Some longy clashes were in the background of a video Freo posted on instagram, wouldn't mind seeing these get a run
upload_2018-10-8_17-17-20.png

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Some longy clashes were in the background of a video Freo posted on instagram, wouldn't mind seeing these get a run
View attachment 570493
Yeah I picked up Neale's (ofc he's leaving) and Hilly's clash, as well as A.Pearce's home longy

We definitely produce them so hopefully the players start wearing them, I believe Lukey Ryan wears his Home clash under his training guernsey at some training sessions.

The clash Longies look slick as

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Heard Schoey mention on the Back Chat podcast that West Coast currently don’t get longies produced :(

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
thats strange as ISC has started doing for most clubs, Port, Pies and Freo have started getting them made the past couple of seasons

Maybe because it was your first year with them?

Heard Schoey mention on the Back Chat podcast that West Coast currently don’t get longies produced :(

It's true, we don't* :(
*I did buy the $200 Woollen Retro longie this year , and a youth-sized navy wings longie last year, but the eagles stopped making adult-sized longies ages ago and the bigger youth sized ones are even harder to come by now. I thought it was the Puma factor, but when Puma defected to Richmond, they started making longies for them
The fact that ISC is making longies for other clubs but not the eagles is a real slap in the face :(

It's true, we don't* :(
*I did buy the $200 Woollen Retro longie this year , and a youth-sized navy wings longie last year, but the eagles stopped making adult-sized longies ages ago and the bigger youth sized ones are even harder to come by now. I thought it was the Puma factor, but when Puma defected to Richmond, they started making longies for them
The fact that ISC is making longies for other clubs but not the eagles is a real slap in the face :(
Puma doesn't make Richmond longy's

Puma doesn't make Richmond longy's
When I contacted Puma in 2017 re: longies , they said that only Richmond adult ones (and not eagles ones ) were available . Maybe things have changed since then

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
thats strange as ISC has started doing for most clubs, Port, Pies and Freo have started getting them made the past couple of seasons

Maybe because it was your first year with them?

We probably only get them if the players want them. No point getting an extra 44 PIs (and that’s assuming we only have them in away games) made up if they’re not going to be worn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams

Yeah I understand why we don’t have any PI ones, would think we’d have retails though.

I’d think it’s a club decision and not an ISC one, especially if Puma stopped making them for us as well. That tells me that the club wasn’t selling enough for them to be viable and they pulled the plug.

Yeah I understand why we don’t have any PI ones, would think we’d have retails though.
We don’t have retail longies either
Even youth sized ones have become more difficult to find

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle

I’d think it’s a club decision and not an ISC one, especially if Puma stopped making them for us as well. That tells me that the club wasn’t selling enough for them to be viable and they pulled the plug.

I believe ISC don't do retail longies for any club

They used too back in 2011 but haven't since

Interesting considering no Richmond Puma long sleeves were available for purchase last year in adult sizes or this year.
Yep, Youth sized Eagles guernseys weren't available in-store or online in 2017 either
But I was able to order one by contacting the teamstore and Puma directly :)

Sweet, I might able to get a Tigers long sleeve than. Cheers.
Based on my experience with the eagles - it was far easier to get a youth sized one (they apparently made adult sized ones for the eagles pre 2017 on request but stopped :/ ) but still definitely worth a try . Good luck :)

Dean1

All Australian
Jan 4, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
I’d think it’s a club decision and not an ISC one
This is the reason Adelaide gave to me, said they never sold enough to meet minimum order requirements

They did say they are going to be released in 2019 due to demand. Must have something to do with actually seeing the players wearing them

Jul 4, 2012
County Grant
AFL Club
Geelong
This is the reason Adelaide gave to me, said they never sold enough to meet minimum order requirements

They did say they are going to be released in 2019 due to demand. Must have something to do with actually seeing the players wearing them
ISC certainly made longies for Geelong until 2016. But then we have a tradition of players wearing them. Still love the fact we got retail long sleeve versions of the home, retro and indigenous jumpers this year with Cotton On.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back