Geelong
7.9 10.13 14.19 17.22​
124​
Sat 29-Jun-1985 2:10 PM Att: 19,616 Venue: Kardinia Park
Footscray
7.3 12.6 17.8 23.8​
146​
Footscray won by 22 pts [Match stats]

Interesting piece of trivia - in his 19 year career Ted Whitten Sr had 14 trips to Kardinia Park and never once came away with a win (but he did manage a draw).

Interesting piece of trivia - in his 19 year career Ted Whitten Sr had 14 trips to Kardinia Park and never once came away with a win (but he did manage a draw).
1586090061117.png

2015 game at marvel against the crows. Quickest and slickest we’ve played I reckon. Completely cut them up and a joy to watch.

1985 VFL Round 20 Footscray vs Hawthorn at Western Oval.

Loved that game. Wind going to Barkly Street End only one goal kicked to Geelong Road End it was cold, rainy and muddy BUT we won and secured the double chance.

Deep into last qtr we were in front by a kick and I was front row outer wing under coaches box Gordon st side getting ready to jump onto the ground when the siren would sound. It just so happened that a diesel country train was passing West Footscray station and it sounded its horn and I jumped the fence and entered the playing arena and could hear my brother yelling at me get back siren hasn’t gone. Great memory for me anyway.

Last edited:
Season 1999, Round 14, Swans v Dogs.

Q1 Kretuik gets taken out, Swans 7 goals up and all over us.

And then we score 17 goals to 6 in a ripping comeback over 3 quarters.

I was there sitting amongst Swans members. They gave me s**t in Q1, but after that I was a red white and blue superman.

And not very popular.

Watch it, a great game.

Sydney
8.2 9.7 11.11 14.17​
101​
Sun 04-Jul-1999 2:40 PM Att: 28,420 Venue: S.C.G.
Western Bulldogs
1.4 8.7 13.12 18.15​
123​
Western Bulldogs won by 22 pts [Match stats]

[TD valign="top"]
[/TD]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Excellent contributions by everyone in this thread.

One of my favourite games from yesteryear is St. Kilda vs Footscray in Round 17 1992.

Heaps of our fun players out, playing at a ground we had a crap record at, a formidable Saints team including Plugger and we came away with a 3 goal win.

1985 VFL Round 20 Footscray vs Hawthorn at Western Oval.

Loved that game. Wind going to Barkly Street End only one goal kicked to Geelong Road End it was cold, rainy and muddy BUT we won and secured the double chance.

Deep into last qtr we were in front by a kick and I was front row outer wing under coaches box Gordon st side getting ready to jump onto the ground when the siren would sound. It just so happened that a diesel country train was passing West Footscray station and it sounded its horn and I jumped the fence and entered the playing arena and could hear my brother yelling at me get back siren hasn’t gone. Great memory for me anyway.

I was at that one too
Same side of the ground half forward southern end - not to far away
Great win - disappointing we didn't get Hawthorn in the finals too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back