Toast Best NEW Bulldog

Remove this Banner Ad

LittleG

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
So far we have had Martin, Treloar, McNeil & Scott debut. Later in the year we might see Jamara or Hannan.

The current two leaders in impact would be Treloar & Martin. Treloar provides that burst mid who can finish well and hit targets. Martin is first ruck and we aren’t getting slaughtered there.

The question is, who has made the biggest impact to the side so far?

IF I had to choose, I would say Martin but then I have a bias towards rucks.

Treloar has been fantastic so far, and would have been best on ground in the North game if it weren't for Bruce having the game of his life.

Despite this, I have to go with Martin purely because of what his presence means to our side. Halving the ruck contest (or at least coming close to it) means that, at the expense of his game, our midfielders can perform better than ever and English is freed up to do what he does best around the ground. Martin probably won't feature in the top 10 of our best and fairest, but he's easily had among the biggest influence to the side from a structure perspective of any player on our list, not just the new guys.

I’d have to agree with the sentiments over Martin being able to contest the stoppages and centre bounces which is crucial to the inside mids getting first hands on the ball. That said Adz has also made an early impact and looks settled already, wanting to be there.

Adz is still performing at an elite level. Elite finisher and just needs to have a step and he can clear the zone to hit a target OR kick a goal.
This thread isn’t about saying Adz isn’t a highly valued member of this team. He has been better than I expected.

On his own merits, Treloar. In terms of what he brings to team structure and game plan, Martin. Both amazing gets.

Combined with getting Keath and Bruce the previous off-season; it’s a huge leap from 2 years ago. 4 best 22 players, 3 on the spine!
It’s just a shame we got Martin so late in his career. We could have won another flag with him in the team sooner.

For me, it's Travis Varcoe
Hes been amazing in the development side for AFL and VFL forwards

For me, it's Travis Varcoe
Hes been amazing in the development side for AFL and VFL forwards
Lol an assistant coach who spends game day in the stands instead of the coaches box? Yeah, nah.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McNeill for me. His 9 touches, 0.5 goals and below average inside 50 tackle stats have somehow unlocked Bruce’s full potential.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

More sarcastic than usual?
Apart from the two VFL bolters somehow getting games ahead of Cavarra & West, anyone else you would rather see replaced in the team?

McNeill for me. His 9 touches, 0.5 goals and below average inside 50 tackle stats have somehow unlocked Bruce’s full potential.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Nah I reckon it's Dale's move to the backline that's unlocked Brucey.... addition by subtraction.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back