Vic Best nightspots to go in Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Im well older than that but back then this was the age i started noticing the girls that were in year 7 when i was in year 12 were now allowed into clubs and pubs. Seeing your mates younger sisters and friends out in there white skin tight pants and boob tubes when your last vision of them was pony tails and school dresses was enough to call it a day.
Not untrue. Nye was at Billboards and was with this chick who reminded me that when I finished high school she was still in primary school.

So what? When I first moved over I used to meet school age girls out and it freaked me out, even though they were 18 and I was 19. It was weirdly novel but I got over it and had no qualms after a while.

It's not unremarkable for there to be ten year age gaps in functioning relationships. Six, eight years is not that weird of a gap and only unlikely because these days people are socially stunted and don't want to meet people outside of their friendship circles (which are bound by school, usually). If you're 22, 23 and you're seeing a girl who is 18... who cares? She is legal in every single sense of the word.

So what? When I first moved over I used to meet school age girls out and it freaked me out, even though they were 18 and I was 19. It was weirdly novel but I got over it and had no qualms after a while.

It's not unremarkable for there to be ten year age gaps in functioning relationships. Six, eight years is not that weird of a gap and only unlikely because these days people are socially stunted and don't want to meet people outside of their friendship circles (which are bound by school, usually). If you're 22, 23 and you're seeing a girl who is 18... who cares? She is legal in every single sense of the word.
thanks, woody.

Was at Boney briefly on Friday night with with my girlfriend after some work drinks. Thought it was a bit lame to be honest. Then again, those sort of places probably aren't my thing anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just on Boney, what type of place is it now?
I'm out of the loop and an old codger but spent 10 years turning up to Pony after 1am to see the bands and had many memorable depraved nights there, still have the bands and loose patrons?

Just on Boney, what type of place is it now?
I'm out of the loop and an old codger but spent 10 years turning up to Pony after 1am to see the bands and had many memorable depraved nights there, still have the bands and loose patrons?
Sucks.

It's not much like Pony used to be but then again lots of dickheads on this forum talk it up because they ate pellets there four times. Get the feeling that place wasn't as outrageous as it sounded.

It's basically a trendy place to take drugs if you want, or hang out if you want, whatever.

I went to Sister Bella the other night before a gig. It's sort of become a go-to place for me a few mates. Decent vibes and a cool place. Never really seen any major dickheads there either.

Got dragged to St Kilda for one of the boys gf's birthdays. Started off at republica which is a toff establishment charging an arm and a leg, then went to the St Hotel which was a weird mix of upper class twats mixed with backpackers that played s**t music. Get me back to a decent bar next week.

Got dragged to St Kilda for one of the boys gf's birthdays. Started off at republica which is a toff establishment charging an arm and a leg, then went to the St Hotel which was a weird mix of upper class twats mixed with backpackers that played s**t music. Get me back to a decent bar next week.
I miss the Saint

Going out to a pub in St Kilda reminds me of Perth, and not in a good way.

Boozed up, red faced crews of British lads in dark blue $120 polos and s**t shorts while absolutely guttered is a depressing sight. Nothing cool aboutt that. They just bring the whole vibe down.

Went to The Sub Club & The Mercat on Friday & the revamped Hugs and Kisses last night.

Glad I was able to have one last dance at the Mercat despite it being at least 45 degrees inside. Plo Man & Hashman Deejay were incredible. Going to miss having to piss with one foot pressed up against the door.

The Sub Club is odd. Crowd was full of weird raver kids who wore locks around their necks. It's also in a shitty part of the CBD.

New Hugs & Kisses is confusing. No idea what they were thinking with the lay out. They still have the stage, but now they got a DJ booth kind of pentagon thing going on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Sub Club is odd. Crowd was full of weird raver kids who wore locks around their necks. It's also in a shitty part of the CBD.

New Hugs & Kisses is confusing. No idea what they were thinking with the lay out. They still have the stage, but now they got a DJ booth kind of pentagon thing going
A friend of mine runs sub committee so copped a free tik to the Linkwood show at Sub Club last month. It's a pretty s**t venue. The lights are too bright for a night club, the layout is too straight-up-and-down, and the smokers absolutely stinks of piss being as it is in one of the grossest alleys in Melbourne.

What'd they change at H&K? Probably cop lots of post-mercat vagrant crowd there now.

When did 20-somethings become like parents and only drink at outdoor 'events?'
They do tend to be fairly ubiquitous during the summer months.
Make hay while the sun shines etc.

Being smoking friendly is a solid bonus.

And then it's dead in winter?
Out in the elements wouldn't be my first preference of venue at that time of year.

Nobody tends to host and in turn play many then either. Unless they're indepentdently run it seems and not placing a huge emphasis on profit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back