Vic Best nightspots to go in Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

The pills being sold don't seem
Strong enough to actually cause that much of a come down.
People do keep wanting them week after week though.
Look come downs aren't the worst thing about drugs, no, but it's just another thing I don't get.

You drink and get pissed and you spew into a toilet bowl for hours the next day and don't feel right 'til Monday. You say you're too old for drinking and then you get pissed again by Thursday. Old adage, move on.

But you go out on the [shape] [colour]'s and yes people feel exhilaration but you spend two, two and a half days genuinely feeling like absolute s**t, having a weird headache, not being able to comprehend simple sentences, not being able to feel tired and properly sleep, then another couple of days where you feel a little away from the world and a little confused and maybe not laughing at all. Then these *heads go out and do it all again so soon – surely there comes a point where the rush itself just isn't as good as it once was, and feeling sad for a few days makes you consider the pattern you are in.

It's a bit like when yobbos, Lebs, and bogans go 'smoke a cone brah, chill yaself down' like marijuana is some joyous thing that makes every individual sedated, calm, and agreeable. Reality is some people might get that reaction but a lot also suffer anxiety, confusion, and paranoia.

Young kids these days seem afraid to sit down their local pub and drink a few jugs in the sun or a couple of pints with a counter meal watching the last match of the round. So many young blokes seem s**t scared of meeting a friend and having a gutful and maybe not doing it, or ending up at, some festival or a trendy joint. Of course drinking has its pitfalls – addiction, acting like a dickhead, money, weight gain, liver issues – but people take way worse s**t and think it's cool and acceptable and you shouldn't consider it again, when in reality all vices should be treated with respect.

Then again I can't smoke weed anymore because I no longer giggle like I did as a teenager, but think cops are onto me and the next tram approaching is a road train, and drugs increase my neurosis too much I can barely enjoy their effects... I can get genuine come downs when I'm hungover where I have no serotonin, feel ashamed and anxious, and regret and hate my situation even if I did nothing wrong and didn't even spend a hundred bucks. Drugs aren't for me and I don't berate anyone who does but this laissez-faire attitude toward their usage bowls me over. Take them if you want – everyone can have one of their nights of their life with people they like, a venue they frequent, and whatever else... but sometimes you sort of have to wonder... yeah... you know... what the * is in them... are you taking them too much... are you actually feeling okay?...

as someone who was arrested as a youth for dealing... i'll tell you that the risk outweighs the reward.

Me and a few mates went to Wahs a little when we were 19 and that was on a Thursday or Wednesdays when not much else was going down. Full of slooooots as Stratts would say. Even then you used to cringe while lining up.

Look come downs aren't the worst thing about drugs, no, but it's just another thing I don't get.

You drink and get pissed and you spew into a toilet bowl for hours the next day and don't feel right 'til Monday. You say you're too old for drinking and then you get pissed again by Thursday. Old adage, move on.

But you go out on the [shape] [colour]'s and yes people feel exhilaration but you spend two, two and a half days genuinely feeling like absolute s**t, having a weird headache, not being able to comprehend simple sentences, not being able to feel tired and properly sleep, then another couple of days where you feel a little away from the world and a little confused and maybe not laughing at all. Then these ****heads go out and do it all again so soon – surely there comes a point where the rush itself just isn't as good as it once was, and feeling sad for a few days makes you consider the pattern you are in.

It's a bit like when yobbos, Lebs, and bogans go 'smoke a cone brah, chill yaself down' like marijuana is some joyous thing that makes every individual sedated, calm, and agreeable. Reality is some people might get that reaction but a lot also suffer anxiety, confusion, and paranoia.

Young kids these days seem afraid to sit down their local pub and drink a few jugs in the sun or a couple of pints with a counter meal watching the last match of the round. So many young blokes seem s**t scared of meeting a friend and having a gutful and maybe not doing it, or ending up at, some festival or a trendy joint. Of course drinking has its pitfalls – addiction, acting like a dickhead, money, weight gain, liver issues – but people take way worse s**t and think it's cool and acceptable and you shouldn't consider it again, when in reality all vices should be treated with respect.

Then again I can't smoke weed anymore because I no longer giggle like I did as a teenager, but think cops are onto me and the next tram approaching is a road train, and drugs increase my neurosis too much I can barely enjoy their effects... I can get genuine come downs when I'm hungover where I have no serotonin, feel ashamed and anxious, and regret and hate my situation even if I did nothing wrong and didn't even spend a hundred bucks. Drugs aren't for me and I don't berate anyone who does but this laissez-faire attitude toward their usage bowls me over. Take them if you want – everyone can have one of their nights of their life with people they like, a venue they frequent, and whatever else... but sometimes you sort of have to wonder... yeah... you know... what the **** is in them... are you taking them too much... are you actually feeling okay?...

Can you summarise this essay into a coupla sentences please SA. Ridiculous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But you go out on the [shape] [colour]'s and yes people feel exhilaration but you spend two, two and a half days genuinely feeling like absolute s**t, having a weird headache, not being able to comprehend simple sentences, not being able to feel tired and properly sleep, then another couple of days where you feel a little away from the world and a little confused and maybe not laughing at all. Then these ****heads go out and do it all again so soon – surely there comes a point where the rush itself just isn't as good as it once was, and feeling sad for a few days makes you consider the pattern you are in.

Then again I can't smoke weed anymore because I no longer giggle like I did as a teenager, but think cops are onto me and the next tram approaching is a road train, and drugs increase my neurosis too much I can barely enjoy their effects... I can get genuine come downs when I'm hungover where I have no serotonin, feel ashamed and anxious, and regret and hate my situation even if I did nothing wrong and didn't even spend a hundred bucks. Drugs aren't for me and I don't berate anyone who does but this laissez-faire attitude toward their usage bowls me over. Take them if you want – everyone can have one of their nights of their life with people they like, a venue they frequent, and whatever else... but sometimes you sort of have to wonder... yeah... you know... what the **** is in them... are you taking them too much... are you actually feeling okay?...

Everything affects people differently. I can take a couple of pills, get a high and then feel a million bucks the next day if I haven't drunk.

But if I have 15 beers I'll get the worst hangover known to man and have the kind of existential crisis you're describing above. Plus I will have spent $150.

Not all drugs have ridiculous comedowns as well. You seem to be treating the lot like theyre all a couple if shitty pills.

Alright here you go. I'm barely citing academic journals and further reading and this isn't an essay on something, you know, scholarly, but:

What's wrong with Wah?

Went there on a Thursday and had more fun then I've ever had in an Australian club
Wah Wah Lounge was notorious in about 2011-2013 for being full of 'juice heads' and kids who wore Nikes and did that stupid shuffling dance. The girls were generally trashy beyond the realms even the city could deal with. I think drinks were averagely priced but beyond that it was terrible. The only respite in the DJ set was the odd corny banger... think I heard Song 2 once for 30 seconds and that kept me happy.

Can you summarise this essay into a coupla sentences please SA. Ridiculous.
What? All I'm saying is yoof seem to have a more reckless, careless approach to drugs than they do alcohol. Whether that's because it's more expensive to drink or shitty events at the Myer Music Bowl are cool and the social environment encourages drug use, I don't know. But teenagers and people in their young 20s seem happy to treat street drugs like they're regulated and safe. They don't even check pillreports ffs. They just take whatever without inspection and also take it far too much. It doesn't take a genius to realise perhaps taking a few pills and caps in a night might be a little dumb, and that the more you do it and closer you do it, the more you're risking it.

Silly young chicks are the worst for this too. All for stupid instagrams. I have nothing against young people experimenting with drugs. And most people probably do it in a decent way (sourcing from a friend, having an experienced friend with them for the night, having mates not on it) but a lot get arrogant and think they're Alexander Shulgin; master chemists or controllers of all highs. It's a joke.

That's all you really need. Go read the Bombers board now or something, talk about Brent Stanton breaking out.

Maybe it's me getting older but most of my friends have moved on from the whole drug thing. I'm pretty happy to leave it behind. I know what I feel like pissed and what a hangover is. Every time you take drugs each come down feels a different type of ****ed up and the paranoia associated with a new hangover is something probably not worth the night of cuddling your friends and talking about the good times you've had and will have.

Most sensitive sort of people probably have moments where they wonder if something has happened to them, some minor issue, already. Most people can probably wonder if their drinking is a bit addictive. Some people are probably too out of tune with their emotions and selves to realise what sadness is, or what is right and wrong, what is smart, whatever. A lot of dumb ******* people take drugs and reckon it's relevant. I see girls while losing time on Instagram with pink caps and in diamante it says 'Daddy, take me home.' Or this one I saw where a chick was looking like what could only be described as an S&M piglet. Or chill brahs with man buns and sun tattoos on their chest. One is genuinely an idiot and the other thinks they're smarter than you, but each probably abuses it and thinks it's all well and good to take whatever because... someone equally as dumb told them it was.

There is nothing wrong with being a pussy about drugs or realising it isn't for you. Sometimes I wish I was less sensitive and emotional about things but I am; I don't want to sit in taxis where every bump makes me feel sick. I don't want to feel like I'm never going to be okay while watching a classic Curb Your Enthusiasm. People seem happy to accept this is what happens or to not realising what is happening. People don't have the self-analysis to sit down and wonder what is and isn't for them... then again that is youth and mass culture; consuming and not reading, accepting and not criticising...

Mixing drugs and alcohol really does make any negative side effect feel ten times worse. Hard part is that all the places which you are most likely to take drugs are a very pro alcohol social environment. I have been the "look out" guy on several occasions for friends(of friends) and there's nothing funnier than seeing someone gurning their face off after half a pill and carrying on like they're an extra in the next trainspotting movie. Usually they're happy to tell each and everyone they come across the next day that they're some kind of Elsternwick Pablo Escobar.

I have no issue with drugs themselves, the reason I have steered clear of them for some time is purely down the quality. If you can't trust a drug dealer who can you trust?

It's completely fine if you've worked out you don't want to take drugs - clearly they don't seem to be for you.

The issue I have is that you preface your statement with 'i don't care if others do it' but then proceed with a raft of generalisations about why they're s**t for everybody.
Well it doesn't hurt me but I'm generally saying people are far too careless about something you should be careful with.

Also drugs, their makeup, is basically s**t for everyone. They are not evil but this idea they're all chill and cool is just untrue. People say they have less ill effects and therefore they aren't s**t... you should still be careful.

And you just hate generalisations. So ******* what. It's an internet forum.

Agreed. People from Elsternwick who engage in recreational drug use are 100% huge flogs.

Here we go again with the broad, sweep generalisations.

Blokes who jump on a forum and post slabs of writing on a topic they self-profess to not caring much about are as big a flogs as these Elsternwick ones.

Hahhhhhh woooah! So someone else hangs s**t on Elsternwick and I comment and I'm jumped on it?

It was actually a subtle reference to someone I know from this forum who lives there... it's a nice area. It was a joke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back