Vic Best nightspots to go in Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

The guys who ran pony are from Willy. Let's just say a good anology is the Lyon to Dockers situation, except Pony also wanted to do a Ross and were beaten by it by La di da.

Another night where Cloud 9 is in the spot light. While it can't necessarily control what its patrons do these issues have been common since the club opened in 2012, how is this place still allowed a licence?

Interesting that owners condemned the behaviour saying that drugs cost the club money as people don't buy drinks.

They also make money off kids paying entry and getting on pills

Interesting that owners condemned the behaviour saying that drugs cost the club money as people don't buy drinks.

They also make money off kids paying entry and getting on pills

They'd make way higher margins off entry than they ever would on alcohol. The club has been threatened for action yet nothings ever happened.

Most successful/profitable club in the city id reckon

Yeah would be, somehow has a reputation for being a really great club despite its nightmare PR. Went there once in late 2012 and just didnt fill me with any reason to go back, probably needed GHB.

Most successful club in the city id reckon
By a fair bit I reckon. That and Tramp are the two places consistently with lines for the past 3 years plus.

Nothing but bogans, the filthiest of girls and a s**t ton of underage patrons attending Cloud though. Facebook comment sections from posts related to GHB use prove my point. Plenty of s**t for brains commenting and telling everyone how good juice is.

I think it stays open because the police don't want the filth that go there invading other Melbourne nightspots or turning to house parties instead. At least with them all being at Cloud they can all stay in that one area and cause trouble there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah would be, somehow has a reputation for being a really great club despite its nightmare PR. Went there once in late 2012 and just didnt fill me with any reason to go back, probably needed GHB.
Most 'normal people' from my area see it as a bit off, a place only lads really go, yet it still gets more attendance than the other places.

Reckon the other venues let themselves down a little though

I know the City of Melbourne and Government have been looking to overhaul king st for a few years now. Inflation hasn't even got long to go once grollo and co start building their dream retail hub

I know the City of Melbourne and Government have been looking to overhaul king st for a few years now. Inflation hasn't even got long to go once grollo and co start building their dream retail hub
Yeah I'm surprised this hasn't happened yet. It looks pretty run down and is pretty bland compared to the rest of the CBD. With the Southern Cross renovation I'm surprised it didn't happen years ago. I'd be fairly happy to see some changes. Couldn't give a s**t about Tramp or Cloud.
Most 'normal people' from my area see it as a bit off, a place only lads really go, yet it still gets more attendance than the other places.

Reckon the other venues let themselves down a little though
Only people I know who go there use GHB regularly so yeah not normal people.

I've got nothing against people on pingers, coke etc but GHB is just nasty. Lot of ice users at Cloud too apparently. Bogans from country towns with absolutely no intelligence whatsoever.

When are they actually going to do that though including Cloud, I'm sure it would be making some decent turnover which doesn't look like changing.

That will be interesting though, people will still want their rush, might just cause some issues in some of the other venues

Hopefully Cloud just *s off somewhere else.

I don't want the types going there coming across to more normal venues.

Definitely don't want to be dealing with underaged shitbags either.

Hopefully Cloud just ****s off somewhere else.

I don't want the types going there coming across to more normal venues.

Definitely don't want to be dealing with underaged shitbags either.
Naturally they'll go somewhere, could see a few heading up to the 'new' anyway and some to revs.

They might have to make a new venue somewhere

Naturally they'll go somewhere, could see a few heading up to the 'new' anyway and some to revs.

The rise of cloud is probably the reason the suburban nightclub has diminished. This is where the underage, seedy crowd used to frequent circa 08-11 before cloud came along. Surely most night club owners are aware of the issues going on inside their clubs, who the dealers are etc.

I was talking more when they end up doing King St. Even with the latest overdoses I don't see Cloud getting shutdown.
The rise of cloud is probably the reason the suburban nightclub has diminished. This is where the underage, seedy crowd used to frequent circa 08-11 before cloud came along. Surely most night club owners are aware of the issues going on inside their clubs, who the dealers are etc.
Yeah that's absolutely the reason.
Nightclub owners are absolutely aware of what's going on. Problem is they're probably involved in dealing. That was the case at Railway in Brunswick. Went there once and I got a strong meth vibe. My suspicions were confirmed a few months later when the owner got done in a sting that showed he was dealing meth from an office upstairs.

The problem for the Cloud owner/s is that these idiots keep them in business. They say they're working with the police etc but I reckon that's absolute rubbish.

It's really concerning though that teenagers are turning to ice and GHB. What is wrong with them?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back