Best of Luck to Bobby Hill who has been diagnosed with testicular cancer.

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
When was it discovered?

After the game yesterday or he played with it?
Don't know, all I've seen is the press release from the club and the AFL article which just repeats that info. Perhaps he'd seen a doctor earlier and was awaiting biopsy results but was given the OK to play but they've just come back. Or maybe he felt something during the game and had it checked out last night. (Although that seems awfully quick to have a check and get a diagnosis.)

Oct 1, 2014
NeverNevers
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
All the best to Bobby. The positive news is it's the most curable cancer in men and he should make a good recovery. I hope he caught it early as less invasive surgery is required then. I had the same cancer and it's been 5 years cancer free still and as each year passes the percentages drop significantly of the chance of reoccurrence.

weltschmerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 23, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Don't know, all I've seen is the press release from the club and the AFL article which just repeats that info. Perhaps he'd seen a doctor earlier and was awaiting biopsy results but was given the OK to play but they've just come back. Or maybe he felt something during the game and had it checked out last night. (Although that seems awfully quick to have a check and get a diagnosis.)

I reckon he knew, it was a Saturday and I'm not sure many people can get a diagnosis and surgery planned that fast on a weekend for testicular cancer.

ClockworkOrange

Club Legend
Jan 30, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Stunned and saddened to read this news.

If we only bank one more win in 2022, let it be Bobby blitzing this diagnosis.

No surrender.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

ClockworkOrange

Club Legend
Jan 30, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
IMG_7006.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

thoughts of all footy fans and people in general with bobby and your club - smack this cancer crap out of the park, young man - no doubt sam docherty will be in touch soon - all the best to you..........

Back