Best on ground

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 9, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
SF 49ers/Giants, Claremont FC
Maybe a long shot, but does anybody know the name of the hype guy/crowd host/etc for Best on Ground? I was in the audience last night, he’s so familiar but he didn’t mention his name - looks like Patrick Brammall if that helps (not him though), and I’m sure he does the same role for the audiences of other fox shows.

kittypurry

Senior List
Oct 2, 2020
AFL Club
Geelong
They need to change it to Before the game style and get a few comedians to work with Browny and Buckley and it could see some success.
I agree but can we also ditch Browny and Buckley? I don't know who is worse, Browny with his fake bogan schtick or Buckley with his insufferably smug grin and tiny shirts.

Also I can't stand Kath's incessant teethy flirting or literally anything about Howie. Even Riewoldt is starting to annoy me and I had a soft spot for him.

It would be fine if these people were only on Fox once a week, but they are constantly being shoved down our throats.

I don't mind a bit of silliness but this show is like nails on a chalkboard and the people they have on it have become wildly overexposed. It is not doing their careers any favours. (I used to really like Kath and Riewoldt before this year.) Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Their managers need to be smarter about how much exposure Fox is giving their clients.

Too much is a bad thing.

Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Does Howard have compromising photos of Fox management? I don't get his appeal. He reminds me of Grant Denyer - just a pain in the a*** that grates on you.

Brown, Buckley and Riewoldt are about as funny as an ingrown toenail.

Kath, well, I didn't see the problem with Saturday stretch. You know, a normal review show with no forced humour?

Fox just don't give a s*** about the programming these days.

Last edited:
Is it russell robertsons fault that he's not a singer? Or i should say that he is on the show? I say no. Enablers and producers around him that enable him to be given a stage to perform on. They tell him he's good, and him him a gig. RR is silly to say no to that.

ALso, why do and have AFL commentators and the like called RR Russell Robinson?

wagstaff

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 28, 2001
The Sea of Holes
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars, Arsenal
Does Howard have compromising photos of Fox management? I don't get his appeal. He reminds me of Grant Denyer - just a pain in the a*** that grates on you.
Hes just a shameless sycophant, which probably explains his rising media career.

Been insufferable with cricket coverage since Fox took over the rights, now can't even avoid him during footy.

Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Hes just a shameless sycophant, which probably explains his rising media career.

Been insufferable with cricket coverage since Fox took over the rights, now can't even avoid him during footy.

I can't deal with his matey player interviews. Total scarf wearing sycophant.

Waca Jr

Premiership Player
Mar 6, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond

Kath, well, I didn't see the problem with Saturday stretch. You know, a normal review show with no forced humour?

He used to be that s**t truck journo that did the lost dog story on ten news right before the 5:40pm sport segment. How on earth he got a gig and still has a gig is one of life's greatest mysteries. Cannot cop him. Talks absolute dross too

Feb 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
An absolutely baffling decision to commission this show, beyond the need to justify the exorbitant salaries of so many on the Fox Footy books.

Bounce - whether you like it or not - has a remit: Sunday evening light entertainment, with a demographic and time-slot that are well aligned. It rates well. Best On Ground doesn't seem to really target anyone or any particular taste and its timing is horrible.

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
An absolutely baffling decision to commission this show, beyond the need to justify the exorbitant salaries of so many on the Fox Footy books.

Bounce - whether you like it or not - has a remit: Sunday evening light entertainment, with a demographic and time-slot that are well aligned. It rates well. Best On Ground doesn't seem to really target anyone or any particular taste and its timing is horrible.
I saw somewhere this week that Bounce is the highest rating show on Fox Footy. Couldn't believe it. I think it's mindless garbage, and well below the intellect of Dunstall.

Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
I don't know what's worse Brown attempting humour or Riewoldt attempting humour or Howard attempting humour Or Buckley attempting humour...

scared eric cartman GIF by South Park

Premiership Player
Mar 29, 2010
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester United
I saw somewhere this week that Bounce is the highest rating show on Fox Footy. Couldn't believe it. I think it's mindless garbage, and well below the intellect of Dunstall.
I agree, but I'm sure it's down mostly to the timeslot and the fact that TVs are left of Fox Footy straight after the last Sunday game.

I find Bounce so depressing - for me it signals the weekend's footy is over, the weekend is over, and it's absolute rubbish and weird. It just feels so out of place when it comes on literally seconds after the game, and we certainly didn't need a Saturday night carbon copy at the expense of Saturday Stretch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I don't know what's worse Brown attempting humour or Riewoldt attempting humour or Howard attempting humour Or Buckley attempting humour...

scared eric cartman GIF by South Park
Brown is just a boofhead. Buckley is humourless, Howard is a garbling fool and Riewolt just comes across as a needy kid trying to please the room. Abysmal show.

qman

All Australian
Jun 7, 2011
Swan Hill
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Traditional vic teams

He used to be that s**t truck journo that did the lost dog story on ten news right before the 5:40pm sport segment. How on earth he got a gig and still has a gig is one of life's greatest mysteries. Cannot cop him. Talks absolute dross too
Yeah, I remember that too, the feel good story guy back when Mal Walden and Jen Hanson did the news together. I kinda liked the guy, thats gotta be nearly 15 years back?

qman

All Australian
Jun 7, 2011
Swan Hill
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Traditional vic teams

I am never surprised by who makes it on tv these days. I think the technical term is 'The Hamish McLachlan Effect'.

buzzbuzz

Club Legend
Feb 7, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Maybe a long shot, but does anybody know the name of the hype guy/crowd host/etc for Best on Ground? I was in the audience last night, he’s so familiar but he didn’t mention his name - looks like Patrick Brammall if that helps (not him though), and I’m sure he does the same role for the audiences of other fox shows.
I reckon it's Melbourne comedian Ben Lomas

Remove this Banner Ad

Back