Best on ground

catman14

Debutant
Aug 8, 2006
Earth
AFL Club
Geelong
Bring Tom Morris back if this is what we have to put up with now he is gone.
Russell Robertson ffs? Is the producer fresh off the Channel 9 Thursday night footy show?

catman14

Debutant
Aug 8, 2006
Earth
AFL Club
Geelong
Start digging for dirt guys. I'm sure Howie has some sort of skeleton in his past we can get this canned on the back of.

parano1a

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
Bring back the standard post match show, this "comedy" effort makes The Matty Johns Show look classy in comparison.

Nov 4, 2011
Peoples Republic of Victoria.
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Spurs
It was awkward (oh the fist bumps Howie at the start....), but more footy shows around, the better. Too many alphas though. Brown is probably overexposed... his schtick is getting very old. Very awkward gear change not allowing fans to bask in a huge game and transitioning straight into 'Live and Kicking 2022 edition'. You need an actual comedian in there.. Lawrence Mooney's a bit quiet right?

I quite like Howie... but I'd have made Kath the host. She's a super talent. That show she had with Brereton and Johnson was great.

Oh and the pre-recorded Buckley reality show stuff I'm sure that sounded great in a meeting but should have been thrown in the bin when they first watched it.

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
It was awkward (oh the fist bumps Howie at the start....), but more footy shows around, the better. Too many alphas though. Brown is probably overexposed... his schtick is getting very old. Very awkward gear change not allowing fans to bask in a huge game and transitioning straight into 'Live and Kicking 2022 edition'. You need an actual comedian in there..
Yeah, had way too much of Live and Kicking feel for mine so had all the wrong aspects of that tagged on.
More about the footy results and news and less attempts at humour is the go.

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
1648965081747.jpeg

Sep 19, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Chiefs
Idk what they are thinking, this format died years ago with TFS.

Stretch would be 1/10 of the budget and filled the need of post game wrapping up the day.

Putting bucks on a comedy show, lol. I like him but his strengths are analysing the game.

JohnZ

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
I don't mind it, but I feel like this would be better placed at 7.30 on a Thursday night as a pre-cursor to the round of footy (like bounce acts as a bookend at the other). Given none of the other Saturday games get a proper post-show due to them running into each other, having none at all now on Saturday isn't great imo.

Angak

All Australian
Mar 18, 2021
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Is Nick Riewoldt the least funniest person on television?

offtherails9

Norm Smith Medallist
May 30, 2012
-
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Could have been done better. Not sure what they're thinking with the cast. Not that I've watched it tbh.

Thursday night would be the go imo. And get a more relaxed cast, just trying to think of any ex-players that have finished up recently that they could go for but none really hitting me.

HugeJohnson

Just hanging out
Apr 25, 2009
Some point in space and time
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Could have been done better. Not sure what they're thinking with the cast. Not that I've watched it tbh.

Thursday night would be the go imo. And get a more relaxed cast, just trying to think of any ex-players that have finished up recently that they could go for but none really hitting me.
Tom Rockliff would be good, he's pretty easy going and already doing some media with Triple M... Bernie Vince another that'd probably suit this type of show. Even Dan Gorringe has made a bit of a name for himself through comedy although he's probably not everyone's cup of tea.
But yeah with this cast in this format and in this time slot I can't see it lasting the season. Last week was cringeworthy.

JohnZ

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
100%. To me this screams footy show replacement, which means it should go Thursday night at 8.30pm or 9.30pm. Have guest players on. edit: HugeJohnson your suggestions for cast members are spot on.

Would love if Fox put on a proper 1-2 hour preview show from 7.30pm to 8.30/9.30pm on Thursday nights too, going through each game in depth about tactics and strategies.

Back