best online poker site?

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.
I was lucky. I got my money out of FullTilt a couple of months ago. I knew something was dodgy when it took over a month to get paid and I have since transferred my game to Pokerstars.

Pokerstars is an excellent site. their SNG set up is the bomb and their tournaments are great too.

I feel for anybody that gets stiffed by FullTilt. What a bunch of c**ts.:mad:

stugots

Cancelled
Dec 10, 2004
Golden Point
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
having not played for a couple years I was going to start a thread asking the question 'best online poker site?'

so im guessing its poker stars or bust?

I was lucky. I got my money out of FullTilt a couple of months ago. I knew something was dodgy when it took over a month to get paid and I have since transferred my game to Pokerstars.

Pokerstars is an excellent site. their SNG set up is the bomb and their tournaments are great too.

I feel for anybody that gets stiffed by FullTilt. What a bunch of c**ts.:mad:

Only had about $150 sitting there after making a decent withdrawal not long before it hit the fan.

On to to Poker Stars for me now.....where it all started playing play money SNGs all those years ago.

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Question for all the people who use online sites regularly, after finishing uni I have a bit more time on my hand these days (sounds oxymoronic I know) and was going to get back into playing some online poker.

In the past I had used Titan Poker, who do people use/recommend, any sites which I should aim to avoid. Any thoughts appreciated.

Mar 21, 2008
In the box
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Northern Blues
Pokerstars for sure. Best run online company by a really large margin. Also has the best/cleanest software and biggest player pool.
And for players who do not like everyone knowing their past torney performances - Official Poker Rankings site no longer shows Poker Stars results/stats unless you agree to it

Adelaide Cows

Team Captain
Sep 20, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Bays, Liverpool
I had money in Full Tilt... I've kissed it goodbye. :mad:

I'm playing on PKR now.... the avatars and table talk is great.. still get dealt crap cards and play against donks who suck out lol.

Heres a sample of game play for those who havent seen it...

Love PKR aswell. Most social site out there and feels more like real poker.

Their only issue is not as many players so finding games isnt alway instant like Poker Stars

Fireballs

The Knife!
Jan 29, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I play on 888 and like the layout etc.. but all the big tournaments that I would like to satellite into are always on between 1am - 4am Perth time and I really can't play those times.

Does Pokerstars have big tournaments that suit Aussie hours?

Aug 2, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy
I play on 888 and like the layout etc.. but all the big tournaments that I would like to satellite into are always on between 1am - 4am Perth time and I really can't play those times.

Does Pokerstars have big tournaments that suit Aussie hours?

Same ... started playing poker online six months ago and joined up with both 888 and Pokerstars but only use my 888 account now.

To those that would know what am I missing out on by playing 888 exclusively??

paxmaniac

Club Legend
Jun 17, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Same ... started playing poker online six months ago and joined up with both 888 and Pokerstars but only use my 888 account now.

To those that would know what am I missing out on by playing 888 exclusively??

When I played 888 a few years ago, the rake was quite extreme compared to Stars and Tilt, such that unless you were on a pretty good affiliate deal, it really wasn't worth it, even accounting for the worse players.

blaze036

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 27, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Gumbies FC
having not played for a couple years I was going to start a thread asking the question 'best online poker site?'

so im guessing its poker stars or bust?

888 has some great deals and probably worse players than pokerstars.

imo i use pokerstars

paxmaniac

Club Legend
Jun 17, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Does anyone play Pokerstars Zoom? There is a promo until the 30th where if you win a hand after the flop with Kc Ks and share it on BOOM, you win a bonus of 100bb up to $100 (up to once per day). This is actually a pretty great deal, since you will see black kings once every 1326 hands, which is about once every 90 minutes or so if you play 3 tables. I've been shortstacking 50NL and have hit the last two days in a row. Tempted to move up to 100NL if my BR can handle it.

paxmaniac

Club Legend
Jun 17, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Only now, at the end, do you understand.

Does anyone play Pokerstars Zoom? There is a promo until the 30th where if you win a hand after the flop with Kc Ks and share it on BOOM, you win a bonus of 100bb up to $100 (up to once per day). This is actually a pretty great deal, since you will see black kings once every 1326 hands, which is about once every 90 minutes or so if you play 3 tables. I've been shortstacking 50NL and have hit the last two days in a row. Tempted to move up to 100NL if my BR can handle it.

Anyone else chasing Zoom&Boom bonuses? They create some weird dynamics, which I only now think I understand. The bonus creates some horrific implied odds, because if someone ends up making a hand which beats KK, not only do you lose the $100 bonus, you also likely get stacked because of the crying call you make with the bonus in mind (I've already had this happen when 22 flopped a full house against me). As a result, I suspect the best strategy is to just open ship almost any flop. Preflop is also odd, because you need to see a flop to qualify, so open limping or flat calling is probably best. Against an EP limper, it's probably same to minraise to give you the best chance of being heads up on the flop.

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.
How is everyone accessing the sites? VPN??
Pretty much but you still need to prove address so are frozen out if you show that you live here.

Ignition lets you on. Good site, buy in and withdraw with Bitcoin to cut the pretty big fees for using other methods.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
Poker Stars finally stopped working for me a few months ago, and I'm having a nightmare trying to find a new site.

Ignition's registration process is such a disaster I don't really want to deposit $. And GG won't let me cos I don't have paypal, and it would need authentication within a month anyway.

Are we just ****ed in terms of cash games or tournaments online?

El Doormato

Draftee
Jun 4, 2022
AFL Club
Sydney
Hey mate, there's a way around playing on GG where you don't need a hard verification or PayPal, I'm an affiliate/agent for GG and can get you set up, that's how I (and other Aussies who are playing under me) can play on the site with no issues.
Ive been hanging to get back online and play

Can you message me some details would be great

ALL IN

Debutant
Apr 15, 2015
Perth, WA
AFL Club
Essendon
I am an Australian affiliate for GG Poker, Ignition and WPN. If anybody wants to get set up send me a message. Can also provide extra rakeback for all sites.

Hey mate, there's a way around playing on GG where you don't need a hard verification or PayPal, I'm an affiliate/agent for GG and can get you set up, that's how I (and other Aussies who are playing under me) can play on the site with no issues.
interested to read a bit more on this. could you send me a PM?

been playinf PPPoker for a while but would be good to get another option

ALL IN

Debutant
Apr 15, 2015
Perth, WA
AFL Club
Essendon
If anybody is interested in playing on Ignition I have some free bonus's to give away.
You can take your pick from
a.) $50 free deposit to play with (no need to deposit your own money)
b.) Up to $3000 matched deposit bonus if you want to deposit your own money

Back