Best Option for Watching Crows games?

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it all games this year? I tried to use a mate's Foxtel Go login to watch a Crows game last year and all I got was a screen saying they were unable to broadcast it.
Football channel is not on GO , but it is on Play.

Every other sport station is on GO

I have a trick for watching the global watchafl at your full internet speed with (Technically without) a VPN.

Connect to your VPN
Start the stream
Wait until it starts playing
Disconnect from your VPN

It will buffer for a sec and then reconnect to the stream. Just don't refresh or change the quality or you need to repeat those steps again.

My only request for giving this is not to spread, would rather it doesn't get fixed.

BTW I noticed this year global watchafl now streams the Foxtel AFL channel 24/7? Is that new?
Also the quality at max is pretty much 1080 i think, but not sure.

Thought I'd give watchafl a test during the trial. While my regular bandwidth exceeds 100Mbps, it drops significantly through a VPN. I couldn't sustain any reasonable quality without constant buffering.

That said, in between buffering, the high quality stream was quite good. A better VPN might be more reliable.

Streamed to the TV via the Steam Link it was still quite good, though it did introduce some minor stuttering during fast movement.
Which VPN do you use? I'm using Private Internet Access, or PIA. Haven't had any problems with them in the past. That said, I've only really used it on my PC before, not the Android media player.

Thanks for asking this question. We too are looking at options. We are Foxtel subscribers. Yes it's expensive. The most frustrating problems is the service drops out continuously in the tropics when we have cloud and storm activity. Nov through to April.
Media-wise, Australia and the AFL really are in the Stone Age.

I look forward to an increase in quality of posting now that you will begin watching games again. Hopefully an end to the screen scraping ways

About time but mustn't be churlish. It's all to the good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which VPN do you use? I'm using Private Internet Access, or PIA. Haven't had any problems with them in the past. That said, I've only really used it on my PC before, not the Android media player.
I use the Getflix VPN as it is included with the Getflix DNS service. This is on PC. My testmy.net results dropped to 1.3Mbps when using it.

Foxtel is the best way to watch if you want to stay at home

It's pretty simple IMO. You may not want to pay the "overpriced" option, but it's the bets way. Every game of every week with no ads during the quarters on a large screen? Yep. It's the best option

If i lived interstate (and i did for 13 years) Foxtel is a no brainer so i never miss a game

Foxtel is the best way to watch if you want to stay at home

It's pretty simple IMO. You may not want to pay the "overpriced" option, but it's the bets way. Every game of every week with no ads during the quarters on a large screen? Yep. It's the best option

If i lived interstate (and i did for 13 years) Foxtel is a no brainer so i never miss a game
Same here .....and particularly as i record all games for replaying, and reviewing any potential trade players during trade period .....i can record all games and fit onto IQ

Just refuse to pay extra for HD .....these days that should be standard rates for Foxtel wanting to hold or increase penetration rates against a host of competitors

How anyone is ok with even watching a game in anything less than HD, let alone paying money for the privilege, is just beyond me.

The fact that it's 2017, we're in a developed country and we have to have a thread about this hurts my soul.
What's HD?

How anyone is ok with even watching a game in anything less than HD, let alone paying money for the privilege, is just beyond me.

The fact that it's 2017, we're in a developed country and we have to have a thread about this hurts my soul.

Reality, she be a harsh mistress.
The thing is, I love most of my entertainment to be HD+. I have a 4k TV, and gaming console, a 4k PC setup, Netflix with max resolution, unlimited internet and flagship smartphone. The problem is, those things come with a cost, both time and money.
I can barely appreciate all of those things in my free time. I spend a lot of time gaming, or streaming what I want to watch. Not only would Foxtel be a massive waste of money for me just to watch some games of footy a week (I don't even have FTA TV hooked up, I never watch it), I would simply not even have the time to watch foxtel.

Every one is different, and most companies have learned that, and have started giving consumers way more options to watch what they want when they want. And many people are quite happy to pay a reasonable amount of $ for a service they want/need.

Australia on the other hand, is in the stone age with their media delivery.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back