Opinion Best PAFC hits ever

Remove this Banner Ad

Shaun Burgoyne on Nathan Bassett.

Bomber didn't have the biggest hits... but he had some of the funniest, lol.
Just loved the way he'd barrel in and bowl blokes over.
Like this day at Lizbeff when he took on the whole Centrals team, lmao

Same game and Steven Knight was on one, pmsl

Epic game. Record crowd at Lizbeff. Over 16k.
Went with my bro-in-law and his old man, both die-hard Doggies fans*.
Stood in front of the grandstand and my precocious little 9yo arse didn't see jack all day.
Pretty much just heard the crowd - and it absolutely went off from first bounce to final siren.
80s FOOTY RULES, LIKE TOTALLY

8azj6u.gif

*They almost got into a few fights coz of me and my big Port mouth, lol.

Hartlett's collision in the 2nd quarter of the 2014 EF. Mostly because any idiot with enough momentum can lay a bloke out. To hit a contest that hard, take the ball and get away a clean handball leading to a goal is what Port Adelaide football is all about for me.

Bomber KO'ed Platten early at Elizabeth one day, might even have been the game Magpiespowaz has linked. Port won, although Platten came back on later (no concussion protocols then) and Centrals came close.

Bomber was booed off the ground and as he headed to the race gave the Centrals faithful the V for Victory sign (or something like that) and pointed at the scoreboard.

Elizabeth patrols would have been busy that night.

Not strictly a hit or a tackle but Josh Carr hovering over Ackermanis fist cocked feels like it belongs in here somewhere.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not strictly a hit or a tackle but Josh Carr hovering over Ackermanis fist cocked feels like it belongs in here somewhere.

I don't remember a specific hit in that game, but in terms of turning up and big-dogging one of the most physically powerful and confident teams in football history, it just leaves you speechless. The most Port Adelaide performance in our AFL journey and it's not close.

Give Josh Carr the keys to the team.

Still loved the time Josh niggled a Lions player into headbutting him, and Arnie doing a fist pump to Josh as he walked off the field bleeding From the head.

Tom Carrs bump on Nathan Irvin in the 98 GF. I still dont know how he played on, broken jaw and all

My few year old son watched the replay with me and his observation was Ooh Tommy broke Nathan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hartlett's collision in the 2nd quarter of the 2014 EF. Mostly because any idiot with enough momentum can lay a bloke out. To hit a contest that hard, take the ball and get away a clean handball leading to a goal is what Port Adelaide football is all about for me.

Great shout. I got #8 on the back of that replica prisonbar to commemorate it.

I don't remember a specific hit in that game, but in terms of turning up and big-dogging one of the most physically powerful and confident teams in football history, it just leaves you speechless. The most Port Adelaide performance in our AFL journey and it's not close.

That game.

Had we fallen short that day the vast majority of AFL fandom and the industry writ large would respond to any lingering disappointment with, “what were Port fans thinking? there’s no way a midfield of P. Burgoyne/James/Carr/Kornes could hope to beat Voss/Black/Lappin/Akermanis! delusional! Choco did a wonderful job just to get that far in the first place!”

<gesticulates flamboyantly to 2014/2020/2021>

Mentioned this a few times, Bruce Light taking the wind out of David Holst in the last quarter of the 1977 grand final (around 2.05.40).

Just watched this about 20 times, it's just about the perfect bump. Being against the bay scum in the last couple of minutes made it even better.

Junior Rioli absolutely smashing the face off Jordan Ridley

Kane Cornes sending Sam Mitchell in to next week

I always felt he should have moved into the midfield after that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back