Best place to watch prelim in London

Remove this Banner Ad

wafti123

Team Captain
Jul 17, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hi all, wondering what would be the best bet for a pub in London to watch the Freo prelim. Or am I safer buying a live pass?
Many thanks.

Safest is the pass. The Alex(andra) at Clapham Common might be showing it, they'll definitely do the GF.

I have been in the UK for the last 3 finals series, there are very few venues that can be guaranteed to show the finals and they are at "early times" 11.20 am for evening games and 6.20 am - ish for day games so unless a hardened alcoholic a pub is not that appealing.. if you know anyone with BBC Sport you can see the matches on that but again you have to get to their place early....I bought a live pass, very happy with it

Yeah pretty sure the Walkie is showing it - they usually put their viewing schedule online. Also the Clapham Grand which is outside Clapham Junction might be an option - I know they're definitely showing the grand final.

You could check the Belushi's around London. I know there's one in Camden and Shep Bush. I'll be watching it through my league pass.

If we make the GF, we should all organise a place to watch. There's a few pubs hosting GF events in the usual Aussie hangouts, Clapham, Fulham etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember watching the 2006 prelim at the SheBu Walky - the only place I could find that was showing it at the time. They weren't playing sound and so we were watching the game to a soundtrack of bad 90s club music, which didn't make the loss any easier to swallow.

Remember watching the 2006 prelim at the SheBu Walky - the only place I could find that was showing it at the time. They weren't playing sound and so we were watching the game to a soundtrack of bad 90s club music, which didn't make the loss any easier to swallow.

SheBu Walky is no longer - only Temple is left in London now.
Gets pretty cringeworthy in there when events such as Origin roll around.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back