Best Player Acquisitions Of Recent Years?

Remove this Banner Ad

Always Ballin

Social Activist. Freedom Fighter. Feminist.
Jan 11, 2015
Main Forum Poster
AFL Club
West Coast
Eddie Betts comes to mind.

For us, Elliot Yeo and Jack Redden have been amazing acquisitions. Both took their time to really blossom, but you're seeing it come to fruition now.

Must suck to be Brisbane. Plenty of good footballers have come and left that squad in recent times.

Lewis Jetta has also become a quality pick-up for us. Ups and downs but he's found his niche on our team. Really complements the backline with Hurn as well. Extremely valuable to have 2 raking snipers who can kick bullet 60m passes.

Sinclair has done well for Sydney too. I think so?

Tom Rockcliff is coming around now. Looks healthy. Killing the stats game.

I also think Callum Ah Chee is going to be another Yeo revelation for us in time. He's of the same mold physically. Playing at home like Elliot will help this tremendously.

Tom Mitchell for us recently. Filled a need and came in cheap considering his output.

Brian Lake surely has to go down as one of the best pick ups of all time? 3 flags wowee.
Hawks are the kings of it I guess. Big boy McEvoy was the best answer to a position that you guys had holes at.

In before Richmond supporters mention Nankervis - late pick for a guy holding down the no 1 ruck spot rucking almost solo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawks could've won with Hale as #1 ruck but not with Schoenmakers or Gibson or Frawley as #1 defender. Brian Lake is the best 3 year recruit I can think of.

Also Redden and Jetta aren't great recruits for us. Redden is playing well now but cost a late first round pick and took two years to get going. Jetta is flakey. Yeo is an ideal pick up. Only cost a second round pick, is still young and playing at a high level. But it wasn't really astute recruiting, he wanted out of Brisbane.

Patrick Dangerfield's been OK for Geelong.

His humour, humility and general demeanour have also really endeared him to opposition fans.
Always thought id him as a prima donna. Was shocked to learn Phil Davis spent the weekend at Moggs creek after our game. Bit more complicated than it seems, apparently

Wouldn't be considered one of the best but Billy Hartung has been surprisingly solid for the Roos, despite the initial derision over his selection.

Nathan Wilson & Joel Hamling have been very good for us, they cost us pick 57 and a future 2nd rounder and pick 35 (and loose change) respectively.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back