Best player from the 2016 Draft?

Best player from the 2016 Draft?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I voted Bolton and Ridley because both are elite in their categories.
McCluggage is good but not in the top ten mids in the comp imo.
Leading the coaches votes at the moment.

Bolton isn't in the top 10 mids in the comp and i don't think Ridley is in the top 10 defenders although probably not far off it. By that logic Stewart has to be the 'best' so far if top 10 in the position they play is the criteria.

Stewart is the best performed player but i think Hugh is making the charge and will go on to be the best from this Draft.

I would disagree.Intercept defenders don't grow on trees.
They kinda do though, the league is not lacking them and you can tend to find them later in the Draft.

How many players can play inside and outside mid as well as Hugh with the class and skill that he has?

They kinda do though, the league is not lacking them and you can tend to find them later in the Draft.

How many players can play inside and outside mid as well as Hugh with the class and skill that he has?
Neale, Fyfe, Martin, Prestia, Walsh, Gaff, Boak, Petracca, Oliver, Dangerfield, Macrae, Bont,Dunkley, Steele, J.Kelly, Rowell.
My point being that key position players are harder to find so therefore more valuable.

Neale, Fyfe, Martin, Prestia, Walsh, Gaff, Boak, Petracca, Oliver, Dangerfield, Macrae, Bont,Dunkley, Steele, J.Kelly, Rowell.
My point being that key position players are harder to find so therefore more valuable.
I disagree with most of those names, almost all of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most of those guys are pure inside mids not overlap runners like Hugh can be. We had the number 1 pick and I think McGrath is and will continue to still be one of the top handful but Hugh’s the best performed player to date not named Tom Stewart and projects to the best from the draft. Players who are as good in/out as Hugh right now would be: Macrae, Merrett, Walsh maybe in time, that’s about it.

I think most clubs would take Ridley before McCluggage.

Intercept and use the ball well. That's what players like Ridley, Sicily, Moore etc need to do.

To be a gun mid you need to cover most bases on the skill spectrum. I believe Clug is capable of that.

It's needs based of course, but i'd have to think that every club who has even an adequate intercepting defender on their list currently would have the Suitcase in their side first.

McCluggage and it isn’t close. His contest work is decent but he’s the best outside mid in the comp. Whitfield on his day but doesn’t hit the scoreboard like Hugh. Both goals and assists.

All have been pretty good for their respective clubs. I'm sure I've had them in my supercoach team at one time or another and traded them out , To me, I have helped then go on to greater heights.

Back