Best player in the world

Remove this Banner Ad

I do remember that people were saying he was going to ascend to Messi/Ronaldo levels but he has never really taken that next step. Still a sensational player though.

The guy is 26, he's only just coming into his prime.

Perhaps, but when a striker wins the golden boot it's expected. Salah is not a striker and certainly wasnt expected to come in and lead the league in goals scored.

KDB a huge chance though, if he keeps up his form and if City win in a canter, you'd expect someone from them to claim it. Well unless Salah goes mental...
Where do you see yourself finishing? I'd say 3rd to 6th is most likely.
When was the last time someone won POTY from 3rd or below? The last three have come from the champions, followed by Suarez who's side was pipped at the line. Bale, RVP and Bale seem the only ones recently. Won with 7 (lol), 30 and 21 goals respectively.

It's possible but I just don't think they'll give it to anyone other than a City player.

When was the last time someone won POTY from 3rd or below? The last three have come from the champions, followed by Suarez who's side was pipped at the line. Bale, RVP and Bale seem the only ones recently. Won with 7 (lol), 30 and 21 goals respectively.

It's possible but I just don't think they'll give it to anyone other than a City player.

Bale says hi (12-13, 5th place Spurs).

Don't get me started on Juninho.

You did see I mentioned him?

Oh, my apologies, glossed over that. But yeah, 5th placed Spurs there. You'd have to go back to 2000 for Kevin Phillips (7th) and and 1998 for Juninho (19th) for those to win the award outside the top 4.

That said, Salah's advantage is, well, how would one rank City's players? I've heard more about Salah then I have of any individual player of City's masterclass. You've also got to remember who votes for these things, and they usually go on media attention.

If Salah can keep up his performances and praise in the media, then he could just as well take it out.

Oh, my apologies, glossed over that. But yeah, 5th placed Spurs there. You'd have to go back to 2000 for Kevin Phillips (7th) and and 1998 for Juninho (19th) for those to win the award outside the top 4.

That said, Salah's advantage is, well, how would one rank City's players? I've heard more about Salah then I have of any individual player of City's masterclass. You've also got to remember who votes for these things, and they usually go on media attention.

If Salah can keep up his performances and praise in the media, then he could just as well take it out.
One of these is voted on long before the season ends isn't it. Can't remember if it's this one or the FWA.

Yeah I see us anywhere from 2nd to 6th. I guess we will see how it shakes out. I feel City have a lot of contributors. Aguero, Jesus, Sane, KDB, Silva, Sterling etc who are all playing really well.

Whereas we have that one stand out with Salah at the moment.

If we finish top four and he wins the golden boot I'd say he would be right in the reckoning. Still early days though, he might drop off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meh.

All in all Hazard has been a disappointment at Chelsea.

It's strange to say but I expected him to reach Ronaldo/Messi type levels of goalscoring but he constantly goes through patches where he is very skillful with no end product.

I think your expectations were a bit unrealistic. Hazard has never given the impression that he would be a goal scorer, although he did score a lot in his last season at Lille. I always believed he'd be a top player, but not reach the level of Messi or Ronaldo.

I think his career so far has been good. One thing maybe, as a Belgian it's a shame that he's rarely played as well for Belgium as he has for his clubs. Messi regularly throws up before games, while CR acts like a kid when things don't go his way. It seems Hazard doesn't have that kind of drive and maybe that's what's missing.

Disappointment??
Did you read the whole or my post or just the first line? He is a great player, no doubt. But for his talent I think he has been disappointing.

In the context of my expectations when he was signed from Lille, he has been a disappointment. I thought I explained why, but will do so in a bit more detail:

upload_2017-12-6_12-8-14.png

He scored 20 goals for Lille as 20 year old (despite being in an inferior league).

He has only scored 10 goals in Europe in 5 & 1/2 seasons. Some lesser talented players score more than that in 1 or 2 seasons.

I guess I had bigger expectations after watching him perform so well as a goalscorer at Lille.

I think your expectations were a bit unrealistic. Hazard has never given the impression that he would be a goal scorer, although he did score a lot in his last season at Lille. I always believed he'd be a top player, but not reach the level of Messi or Ronaldo.

I think his career so far has been good. One thing maybe, as a Belgian it's a shame that he's rarely played as well for Belgium as he has for his clubs. Messi regularly throws up before games, while CR acts like a kid when things don't go his way. It seems Hazard doesn't have that kind of drive and maybe that's what's missing.
I guess my expectations are unrealistic because Messi and Ronaldo are twice in a generation players. I thought he had/has their talent. Maybe it is drive/selfishness as you put it.

20th, 14th, 9th, 14th in the Ballon d’Or the last few years is about right. Consistently one of, but not the best in the world.

20th, 14th, 9th, 14th in the Ballon d’Or the last few years is about right. Consistently one of, but not the best in the world.

Those rankings aren't quite right for mine. When he's been fit, he's been one of the top ten players in the world for the last few years now.

Best midfielder no debate.

I'd put him at least top 5 for sure.

For mine it's between KDB, Salah and Mbappe. But KDB has more general influence on games. I reckon Kane is in that category.

Then you have elite finishers like Lewa, Benzema and Haaland.

I still love Messi. He's shown he can still do it for Argentina but he's had an average season in the farmer's league.

For mine it's between KDB, Salah and Mbappe. But KDB has more general influence on games. I reckon Kane is in that category.

Then you have elite finishers like Lewa, Benzema and Haaland.

I still love Messi. He's shown he can still do it for Argentina but he's had an average season in the farmer's league.
KDB I would say has the most influence on a game than any other player in the world.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back