Premiership Player
Feb 15, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swans
Probably one for the West Aussies and South Australians

From a WA point of view.

Stephen Michael. Quick, skilled, hard as nails and could play anywhere. Tassie medalist and all Australian captain, I've not seen a better player.

John Todd. Sandover at 17, then does his knee. All Australian pretty much on one leg.

Jack Clarke. Four carnivals, four all Australian guenseys.

Bill Walker - four Sandovers. Cable contemporary and reputedly just as good.

r0_0_4654_6041_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Probably one for the West Aussies and South Australians

From a WA point of view.

Stephen Michael. Quick, skilled, hard as nails and could play anywhere. Tassie medalist and all Australian captain, I've not seen a better player.

John Todd. Sandover at 17, then does his knee. All Australian pretty much on one leg.

Jack Clarke. Four carnivals, four all Australian guenseys.

Bill Walker - four Sandovers. Cable contemporary and reputedly just as good.
Chuck in full forwards like George Doig & Bernie Naylor. And although I don’t know a lot about SA players from back in the day, sounds like Barrie Robram & Ken Farmer deserve to be in the conversation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My uncle passed down stories from his grandpa about the great Ken Farmer.

He should be acknowledged as the greatest goalkicker and have legend status not plugger.

224 games for north in the sanfl 1417 goals
He kicked 100+ goals 11 seasons in a row.

In 17 state games against the best in Australia he kicked 81 goals

My uncle passed down stories from his grandpa about the great Ken Farmer.

He should be acknowledged as the greatest goalkicker and have legend status not plugger.

224 games for north in the sanfl 1417 goals
He kicked 100+ goals 11 seasons in a row.

In 17 state games against the best in Australia he kicked 81 goals

This is the problem with the AFL running football with no Australian Football Council above it as the governing body. Generational greats feats aren’t rated as high as AFL players when they were.

For example: Peter Hudson, Farmer, Plugger (1360) then Austin Robertson from Subiaco (1272 goals).

I may have missed some.

Irrespective of leagues it was all league football. Peter Hudson had many more goals than plugger but many discounted as not AFL. But he is still recognised as played VFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back