Best players in Country Vic

Remove this Banner Ad

:thumbsu: The CMFL defeated the GFL only to be slaughtered by an awesome Latrobe Valley side in one of those years. I think Fitzpatrick and Russell Northe were the repective captains at the time. It was a great effort from the CMFL

ringo1 said:
:thumbsu: The CMFL defeated the GFL only to be slaughtered by an awesome Latrobe Valley side in one of those years. I think Fitzpatrick and Russell Northe were the repective captains at the time. It was a great effort from the CMFL

It sure was. Look at us now though, div 4 i think. Still have star players up there with the best in country vic, but not as many as those days. Lance Brown, sean charles, jarrod arentz, brendan shepherd would all be picked in any interleague side in the state

ROOTA#6 said:
It sure was. Look at us now though, div 4 i think. Still have star players up there with the best in country vic, but not as many as those days. Lance Brown, sean charles, jarrod arentz, brendan shepherd would all be picked in any interleague side in the state

Roota how has the career of Brock Parsons gone? saw him as a youngster and he had plenty of ability although I thought his disposal was questionable at times.

ringo1 said:
Roota how has the career of Brock Parsons gone? saw him as a youngster and he had plenty of ability although I thought his disposal was questionable at times.

Brock is an interesting one. He was a joint winner of the league medal last year and second again this year, so he is a top line player, but he stll doesn't really receive the recognition he deserves i think.

Peter Riccardi is now the best player in country vic after singing with a club in geelong.
Also think Saunders from nth ballarat has singed up with the same club.

G.F.C said:
I'll throw some Geelong names out there for the best i have seen going around.

In the 90's, guys like Devin Perry and Rene Peters from Lara, Tommy Hall at North Shore, Adam Sheridan at StMary's, Wayne Tyquin at North Shore, Frank Fopiani at North Shore, Shane Korth at South Barwon and Mark Stewart with Corio.

Nowadays, Jimmy Cail at St Mary's, Sam Clark at Geelong Amatuers, Rick Wilde at Leoplod, Sean O'Leary at East Geelong.

Did the same Devin Perry head over to the WAFL and play at one of the Perth clubs? East or West maybe?

two simple words..'Brendan Peace' of ballarat football league. you will be hearing more of this fella in the not to distant future!
21 years old..
2 senior B&F ( one tied with julian field )...
2 club most valuable player...
premiership player with Redan football club sed to have the best mid-field of any country vic team...
classy, evasiveness, freakish ablility in tackles and around the packs. gets to alot of contest...
great bloke

master21 said:
two simple words..'Brendan Peace' of ballarat football league. you will be hearing more of this fella in the not to distant future!
21 years old..
premiership player with Redan football club sed to have the best mid-field of any country vic team...
classy, evasiveness, freakish ablility in tackles and around the packs. gets to alot of contest...
great bloke

very hard to say who the best in country vic is but from watching this bloke for 3 years wouldn't be many better thats for sure. as master said 21 yrs old, 2 senior b&f's and 2 MVP's for a team that has been 1st 2nd and 3rd those three years in a league which is in one of the top 5 leagues in country vic. in winning these b&f's he has been at uni sinking a ****load of piss so would be scary what he could do if football was his main priority. have heard Murray Bushrangers said he 'lacked pace and wasn't good in close' just proves what fu*ks we have running some TAC teams cause that is clearly peace's strength. will be sad to see him leave the club if he does finaly have a crack at the big league next yr but wish him all the best and if your a country club needing a PE teacher who is a freak footballer peace is your man

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Redan Lions said:
very hard to say who the best in country vic is but from watching this bloke for 3 years wouldn't be many better thats for sure. as master said 21 yrs old, 2 senior b&f's and 2 MVP's for a team that has been 1st 2nd and 3rd those three years in a league which is in one of the top 5 leagues in country vic. in winning these b&f's he has been at uni sinking a ****load of piss so would be scary what he could do if football was his main priority. have heard Murray Bushrangers said he 'lacked pace and wasn't good in close' just proves what fu*ks we have running some TAC teams cause that is clearly peace's strength. will be sad to see him leave the club if he does finaly have a crack at the big league next yr but wish him all the best and if your a country club needing a PE teacher who is a freak footballer peace is your man

Is this the same Brendan Peace who played his junior football at Numurkah in the Murray League, if so he was a freak then and most of us were shocked when he got cut from the Bushrangers then cause he was a s h i t load better than half of them that got picked that year.

spudda said:
Peter Riccardi is now the best player in country vic after singing with a club in geelong.
Also think Saunders from nth ballarat has singed up with the same club.

Ridiculous statement. Just because he's stepped out of the AFL it doesn't make him any good. In the Gv there has been plenty of ex AFL players come straight out and do next to nothing. If Riccardi has more impact in a game then a guy like Trent Hotton at mansfield I'll go hopping.

BonnScott said:
Did the same Devin Perry head over to the WAFL and play at one of the Perth clubs? East or West maybe?

He could well have.

After Lara, i think he went to the Northern Territory. He may have ended up in the WAFL, i'm not sure.

bystanding backman said:
Is this the same Brendan Peace who played his junior football at Numurkah in the Murray League, if so he was a freak then and most of us were shocked when he got cut from the Bushrangers then cause he was a s h i t load better than half of them that got picked that year.

im told he's signed for north ballarat for next year...quality player, was certainly missed by the turtles this year...but unfortunately being a vfl player he's no longer a country player...

aside from that tho, surely tony brown is the best player in country victoria?

gfl league b&f, best player in the national championships... which means not only was he the best in arguably the best league in country footy this season, but he was the best of the best representing vcfl...how much more evidence do we need?

thekid178 said:
im told he's signed for north ballarat for next year...quality player, was certainly missed by the turtles this year...but unfortunately being a vfl player he's no longer a country player...

aside from that tho, surely tony brown is the best player in country victoria?

gfl league b&f, best player in the national championships... which means not only was he the best in arguably the best league in country footy this season, but he was the best of the best representing vcfl...how much more evidence do we need?

argeed tony brown best player in country vic

bystanding backman said:

yeah its the same brendan peace from numurkah.... BUshies is all about who you know and if your dad sucks up enough to the coaches to get you a game. Still a freak and always will be!!

centreman said:
Ridiculous statement. Just because he's stepped out of the AFL it doesn't make him any good. In the Gv there has been plenty of ex AFL players come straight out and do next to nothing. If Riccardi has more impact in a game then a guy like Trent Hotton at mansfield I'll go hopping.
cant agree more trent is a gun in all areas there is nothing the man cant do plays small or tall makes him very hard to match up on. the best by a mile, would say next in line out of gv paul newman or saad saad

The 2 Ewing brothers from Hamilton Imperials make it look easy. Grant is AC there at the moment while Shane has gone bush in the season just gone. They are naturals. Have a younger brother Darren who played with Warrnmbool this year, will be every bit as good as the other two.

Ed Deline said:
The 2 Ewing brothers from Hamilton Imperials make it look easy. Grant is AC there at the moment while Shane has gone bush in the season just gone. They are naturals. Have a younger brother Darren who played with Warrnmbool this year, will be every bit as good as the other two.

Those boys aren't from the Penshurt area are they?

master21 said:
21 years old..
great bloke

incorrect

Remove this Banner Ad

Back