Best players in Country Vic

Remove this Banner Ad

Kade Stevens - O&M = has taken his own ball to matches for last few yrs.
Craig ednie - O&M
Matt Shir - O&M
John Mccormick - O&M

Craig ednie - O&M
Matt Shir - O&M
John Mccormick - O&M
Buckster - you obviously have an O & M affiliation.
My view is Robbie Walker best, daylight the rest. Best Country footballer in any league, any era.
Hopper McCormick exceptional on-baller, gets belted every week, still averages 35 + posessions in the best country league in Victoria. Would have three Morris Medals except for his knee reco in 2005.

Craig ednie - O&M
Matt Shir - O&M
John Mccormick - O&M
Andrew Carey - O&M
Would beat all of the above one on one, then move to Full Forward and win the game off his own boot. No disrespect to the others they are super players, Carey is just better.

I think Stephen Pearce from Echuca in his Prime day must of bein a very good footballer... Any one else seen him in his prime??

i would have to say stephen gibbs from bullioh would be up there with the best of them.i rate him as high as any country footballer

Ben Beams from Myrtleford would be the most exciting country player i have seen for years. Played only 9 games and finished r/up in the b&f by a couple of votes. Match winner

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sean Charles. I know he was an AFL player but he finished early and then played a couple of seasons in the Central Murray FL. it was like watching a Jordan highlight reel every week.
Dean Bennett was a gun in the same league but ten years earlier. I think Charles was a fair bit better. Sonny Lindsay was very good too but again, not in Charles' class IMO. I was lucky enough to play in the same side as two of them.
There was another guy in the CMFL who coached a ridiculous number of flags at a few clubs and played in the centre, Trevor Ryan. He'd be up there too.

And another: Ryan OSullivan. Dominated the CMFL for a decade and rucked for Vic Country. Don't know how he didn't play AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back