Best Players vs Kangaroos

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by tatts00
From what i have heard about the sydney game im glad i had a 21st to go to....are you telling me it was worse than what it sounded like on the radio? glad i only snuck out 3x throughout the game then haha

bring on 2005 or 6 or 7!
you know the cliche - one year at a time - 2005 will do for now!

Originally posted by tatts00
From what i have heard about the sydney game im glad i had a 21st to go to....are you telling me it was worse than what it sounded like on the radio? glad i only snuck out 3x throughout the game then haha

bring on 2005 or 6 or 7!
Sydney game was without a question THE worst game I have EVER seen. I watched it twice and it didn't get better the second time around. There was more ball ups that possesions. It was ridicilous. Looked more like Rugby that Aussie rules.

Originally posted by Stiffy_18
How soon do we forget. While it was a crap game to watch it was still miles better than the game against Sydney at the SCG this year. Now that was TEH worst game of all time. That was a shocker.

It's all a matter of opinion, but IMO this one was far worse as a spectacle.

I'm watching the replay on Fox and it's the most I've ever heard commentators belittle a game - and correctly so.

Standard wise, this was a stinker, with only one redeeming feature - we won.

Originally posted by macca23
It's all a matter of opinion, but IMO this one was far worse as a spectacle.

I'm watching the replay on Fox and it's the most I've ever heard commentators belittle a game - and correctly so.

Standard wise, this was a stinker, with only one redeeming feature - we won.
Not sure how anyone can get excited at all over this game.

Unfortunately one team had to win, and both teams did their best to lose, just that the Kangaroos were just a bit better at playing s.......e football.:(

I for one was embarrassed at the belittling our club received tonight on national television.:(

We get stuck into the Paul Roos for being responsible for that horrible spectacle a couple of weeks ago.
But we played in our second shocking game in 3 weeks - so who was responsible for last nights spectacle:confused:

I feel no satisfaction in last nights result, in fact I feel as if we lost the match, maybe not on the scoreboard, but it hasn't inspired me for the future

:(

I think that the positives out of the game were telling actually people. Firstly the young and upcoming players stood up really well to intense pressure; excellent stuff by Reilly, Jericho and Rutten.

As has been said in various posts, the back 6 looks a treat, a backline of the future.

Midfield needs a little attention. Can't keep on relying on Roo, Macca and Goody carrying the weight for us. Looking forward to draft in this case.

Forward line is our MAJOR concern; there's been no structure since 1999. We had 50 odd entries for 5 goals?? Hentchel will look good there next year but again; intensive, wise recruiting will see us competitive in this aspect next year.

On the coaching front - we still need Wallace. I find Craig confusing and his style reminds me a little of Blighty's.

All in all I'm very happy 'cause we got the 4 points.:)

Always knew we could bounce back.

Now for the FINALS !!!!!!!

BOG

5. Bassett.
4. Goodwin.
3. Hart.
2. Perrie, thought he really had a go in the 2nd half.
1. McGregor.
BTM

3. Bassett.
2. Ricciuto.
1. Reilly.

Rookie

Rutten.

That was quite a boring game I thought, but I'm glad we won! Who could forgot the roar when we got our first goal! :p

POTY -

5. Nathan Bassett
4. Simon Goodwin
3. Ken McGregor
2. Ben Hart
1. Ben Rutten

BTM -

3. Ben Rutten
2. Ken McGregor
1. Hayden Skipworth

Rookie -

Ben Rutten

Last night was a tough hard slog, now the boys need to regroup because a bad loss next week and we'll be where we were after last weeks thrashing. If Neil Craig wants the job he has to prove that he has all these different tactical styles and he can use them when they are needed, the only way to do that is to win. All this talk about results not being important is crap, if Craigy gets it we (the supporters) have to be secure thinking that we have someone who can use all these tricks up his sleeves for wins. I hope he can do it, but until my mind is at ease that he can, I will still push for Terry Wallace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

POTY:

5- Bassett- absolutely bloody AWESOME!
4- Goodwin- good game, and it's good to finally have him back!
3- Rutten- great effort all night. The player we have been crying out for for so long.
2- Skipworth- worked hard all night, good to see him stringing some consistent games together.
1- Roo- another good game.

BTM:

3- Bassett- see above.
2- Skipworth- see above.
1- Rutten- see above.

Rookie:

Ben Rutten- terrific game! We finally have a real full back!

Although it was a toss up between Rutten, Skipworth, Jericho and Reilly. It could have gone to any one of these guys, and it's good to see them stepping up. Now for St. Kilda!

Player Of The Year
5. Basset - His best game for a long, long time. Was very courageous and bassically owned the Kangaroos in defence. We need more of this from him.

4. McGregor - An absolute rock in defence. Took some very good pack marks (as usual) and continued his great form.

3. Goodwin - Racked up plenty of the ball and made good use of it. Has showed what he is capable of since his injury.

2. Hart - Last night showed how much we missed him this year. His patience and confidence with the ball showed just how good he is.

1. Skipworth - Had to put him in. His willingness last night was unmistakable and has been in great form lately. His evasion and pace has also improved out of sight.

Best Team Man
3. Basset - see above.

2. Rutten - Played an excellent game. Took some great marks and was accountable. Is fast turning into a good full back option.

1. Perrie - Had a good 2nd half. Provided a strong option and did well at ground level.

Rookie of the Year
Skipworth - Just ahead of Reilly, Rutten and Jericho. Hit the packs hard and used the ball with authority. Managed to sneak through opponents and has showed signs that he wants to be part of this club in 2005.

Notes:
- Where was Gags? Not much use having him on for 20 minutes.
- Bock probably deserved more gametime, as did Scott Stevens.
- Jericho was lively and did some positive things.
- Let's hope Perrie can continue this form, unlike recent times.
- The game was laughable at times, enjoyable at others. :p

POTY

5. Basset
4. Reilly
3. McGregor
2. Goodwin
1. Edwards

BTM

3. Basset
2. McGregor
1. Perrie

ROTY

1. Reilly

- well done Rutten

POTY

5 Bassett
4 Goodwin
3 Hart
2 McGregor
1 Reilly

BTM

3 Bassett
2 Rutten - very impressed when he left his man to spoil
1 McGregor

Rookie

Reilly

BOG

5 - Goodwin
4 - McLeod
3 - Bassett
2 - Reilly
1 - Kenny McG

BTM

3 - Rutten
2 - Kenny McG
1 - Benny Hart (memo Daniel Motlop - don't get Benny cross.)

Rookie

1 - Reilly, with apologies to Rutten and Jericho.

POTY

5. Bassett
4. Goodwin
3. Hart
2. McGregor
1. Rutten

BTM

3. Bassett
2. Perrie
1. Rutten

Rookie

1. Rutten

POTY
5. Nathan Bassett - Had his own football early and played a great 4 quarter effort
4. Simon Goodwin - A great return to form for Goody
3. Benny Hart - The backline looked so much better with him there
2. Tyson Edwards - Classy game again
1. Brent Reilly - Another stylish effort

BTM
3. Ben Rutten - Stuck to his task all night
2. Tyson Stenglein - Keep him at the AFC
1. Graham Johncock - Not setting the world on fire but his forward line pressure is excellent. 7 tackles.

Rookie
Brent Reilly

Cumulative votes so far

Keep them coming in - new posters welcome to vote.

26 Voters

Best on Ground
128 Bassett (5)
86 Goodwin (4)
63 Hart (3)
32 McGregor (2)
19 Edwards (1)
15 Reilly
14 Rutten
8 Ricciuto
8 Skipworth
7 Stenglein