Best premiership side out of Bulldogs 2016, Richmond 2017 and West Coast 2018

Which of these premiership sides is the best of the last 3 years?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Black Stripe

Yellow Paint
Feb 15, 2019
Liverpool
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Oklahoma City and Sydney Thunder
Last 3 premiership sides who have all been labelled as weak premiership sides by many people, however at the end of the day a premiership is a premiership and they are all worth the same.

Would be interested to see how people rate and compare these sides and which side is seen as the strongest premiership side out of Bulldogs 2016, Richmond 2017 and West Coast 2018.

West Coast the best one for the season itself it happened in.

Dogs were the weakest of the 3 but that appears more in retrospect as they haven’t been any good since.

Richmond went from being a decent side around r15 2017 to a really good one from then on to pretty much now.

With how badly they have been getting flogged likes very likely they will

They're not taking a lot of games seriously. This is plain to see even if you want to read a lot into how they are playing. They are only one game outside the 8 and it's only round 6. The problem is like Adelaide once you let it slide a bit they might find it really hard to get that fight back.

Sydney were robbed by the umpires in 2016. It was amazing how badly they got shafted.

Adelaide were stooged by the umpires in 2017. It was arguably worse than the year before.

The umpiring for the 2018 GF was fair, West Coast earned their win, so I give them the nod as the best of the three.

They weren't robbed, they had 5-6 invisible players including their 2 key forwards. No way did they deserve to win with so many going missing. They couldn't even beat a side that had 68 injuries, 700 less games experience.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

West Coast 2018 beat their Grand Final opponent twice in finals on their way to the flag. Both Grand Finallists flogged their respective preliminary final opponents.

Given that it has to be them quite comfortably.

West Coast 2018 beat their Grand Final opponent twice in finals on their way to the flag. Both Grand Finallists flogged their respective preliminary final opponents.

Given that it has to be them quite comfortably.
Except that no one got near Richmond in finals when it mattered and Richmond beat each other top 4 side, so what does West Coast beating the same opponent Pies twice have to do with it? I'm not necessarily arguing for one side over the other btw, but I'm just pointing this out as I dont see the logic of your arguement.

I don’t think it matters much whether a side backs it up or not. A premiership means you were the best in a given year, not the best in a given year plus the next one.

Richmond bulldozed everyone so were certainly the most dominant, but they played all three at their home ground.

Dogs certainly had the most difficult finals run. Wouldn’t trade how it happened for anyone else’s premiership tale.

Last edited:
Back