Best premiership side out of Bulldogs 2016, Richmond 2017 and West Coast 2018

Which of these premiership sides is the best of the last 3 years?

• Total voters

bh90210fan

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 4, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Richmond hit form so late in the season that they spent 15/23 rounds of 2017 in the top 4? :rolleyes:

Richmond also destroyed all of the top 4 sides by 36+ points in the finals, something that neither Western Bulldogs nor West Coast did.
The crows would’ve pantsed you on any other ground in the country and getting Geelong first up was lucky

BF Tiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2007
9th
AFL Club
Richmond
Well it's definitely not the Bulldogs.

Fair to say that whoever goes further this year between WCE and Richmond will win this argument i reckon, but if neither side wins the flag it is sort of irrelevant.

AstuteTiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Richmond in 2017 lost to Geelong at KP, lost to GWS at Spotless and got flogged by Adelaide at AO. Bizarre that it's Round 22 and you haven't played Brisbane or WC yet.

Hahahaha what a load of crock! Now when it mattered u know the premiership race how did all those 3 teams fare, they all got flogged. That's domination in finals when it mattered. END OF STORY.

That's the draw for you but hey judgement day has arrived for the Eagles this Sunday and week after v lions!

AstuteTiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
The crows would’ve pantsed you on any other ground in the country and getting Geelong first up was lucky

What's wrong with you eagles fans? serious question, stop talking hypotheticals :poo: bottom line we would've beaten cats anywhere as we won by 51 points, we came well prepared and crows LOL we destroyed them, no one was beating us in the 2017 finals series and thats how it panned out.

Lsta062

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 15, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea, LA Lakers, Western United
Yeah that’s just excuses. Geelong belted Sydney by 59 points at the MCG the week after we thrashed them, showing their top 4 credentials. Spare me that talk about Adelaide too because they lost by 48 points in the GF. If it was 2 or 3 points then you might have a point but it wasn’t

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Hahahaha what a load of crock! Now when it mattered u know the premiership race how did all those 3 teams fare, they all got flogged. That's domination in finals when it mattered. END OF STORY.

That's the draw for you but hey judgement day has arrived for the Eagles this Sunday and week after v lions!

LOL. Win lose or draw our season will 100% not be judged on what happens in Round 22. Win one more game we finish top 4, win both we probably finish top 2. Lose both and it's possible we finish 5th if Collingwood win this week. Not much between the top 5 at the moment, 6th-8th faltering.

Ancient Tiger

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Sep 18, 2007
Richmond
AFL Club
Richmond
Mate. One is a fact - flogging all other finals teams - and the other (your post) is pure speculation. You just cannot be seriously putting up your argument as it’s based on nothing. By the end of 217, Richmond with Dusty playing at a level few have ever achieved, were nigh invincible. They did play interstate IIRC in the H&A and absolutely flogged Freo in one of the most complete performances seen. They destroyed all teams in their way on the way to a flag.

bh90210fan

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 4, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
What's wrong with you eagles fans? serious question, stop talking hypotheticals :poo: bottom line we would've beaten cats anywhere as we won by 51 points, we came well prepared and crows LOL we destroyed them, no one was beating us in the 2017 finals series and thas how it panned out.
The crows also destroyed you guys during the season, finished above you lot and up until the grand final had a finals series just as dominant as Richmond. Not having to leave the mcg played a large part in your premiership, I honestly rate the dogs flag above it

Ancient Tiger

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Sep 18, 2007
Richmond
AFL Club
Richmond
LOL. Win lose or draw our season will 100% not be judged on what happens in Round 22. Win one more game we finish top 4, win both we probably finish top 2. Lose both and it's possible we finish 5th if Collingwood win this week. Not much between the top 5 at the moment, 6th-8th faltering.
There is no doubt that you guys are the team to beat this year. I expect to lose this Sunday without our captain in. If he can get back for the finals though, I think he makes us much much harder to beat. He really is such a hard and tough competitor.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
What's wrong with you eagles fans? serious question, stop talking hypotheticals :poo: bottom line we would've beaten cats anywhere as we won by 51 points, we came well prepared and crows LOL we destroyed them, no one was beating us in the 2017 finals series and thats how it panned out.

Hypothetical would be saying that we would've beaten you in last year's GF had you been good enough to make it.

Richmond hasn't won a final away from the MCG since 1982.

It's a bit rich to say 'we beat them at the MCG so we would've beat them anywhere' when you didn't beat any of the 3 teams you met in the finals away from the MCG during the season...

bh90210fan

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 4, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Mate. One is a fact - flogging all other finals teams - and the other (your post) is pure speculation. You just cannot be seriously putting up your argument as it’s based on nothing. By the end of 217, Richmond with Dusty playing at a level few have ever achieved, were nigh invincible. They did play interstate IIRC in the H&A and absolutely flogged Freo in one of the most complete performances seen. They destroyed all teams in their way on the way to a flag.
Freo!

AstuteTiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond

I'm not disputing that agree with all. Hence why i said in my previous post our H&A losses to cats, gws and crows in 2017 meant SFA when it mattered most in finals.

Last edited:

Ancient Tiger

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Sep 18, 2007
Richmond
AFL Club
Richmond
The crows also destroyed you guys during the season, finished above you lot and up until the grand final had a finals series just as dominant as Richmond. Not having to leave the mcg played a large part in your premiership, I honestly rate the dogs flag above it
They finished a whole half game ahead of us IIRC. Hardly a definitive position. And to further prove the point, over a longer period to judge opinions on, almost 3 years (2017,18,19) we have won far more games than Adelaide.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
There is no doubt that you guys are the team to beat this year. I expect to lose this Sunday without our captain in. If he can get back for the finals though, I think he makes us much much harder to beat. He really is such a hard and tough competitor.

I'm not sure. At our best we are very, very good. Patches against North we looked like a force. Last week not so much. Got the win but hardly a polished performance. We're still a 15-5 117% side which is good but not dominant. Geelong were the best team but aren't in great form, Collingwood keep losing players, Richmond lose players then get them back then lose more... I think Brisbane could be the team to beat. Not much finals experience but they have a settled team and keep winning. If they roll Geelong this week look out.

bh90210fan

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 4, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
They finished a whole half game ahead of us IIRC. Hardly a definitive position. And to further prove the point, over a longer period to judge opinions on, almost 3 years (2017,18,19) we have won far more games than Adelaide.
They had top sewn up and rested players at the end of the season. They would’ve had another win at least if they needed to and were far and away the best side after the h&a

AstuteTiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Richmond hasn't won a final away from the MCG since 1982.

It's a bit rich to say 'we beat them at the MCG so we would've beat them anywhere' when you didn't beat any of the 3 teams you met in the finals away from the MCG during the season...

You're not getting it you talking home and away, we lost to cats by 13 points. Got ripped off against GWS bya few points, boltons was a goal but hey that's life and crows beat us easy. Now come finals that should tell you the level of dominance and we peaked at the right time, so it wouldn't matter where we played we were so ready and that showed. I'm not sure how you cant understand this.

Lol my tigers haven't played many finals full stop from 1983 to 2012 (2 finals series). In 2013 and 2015 we lost our first final to Melb teams in each of those years so out we went, of course, had we won, we would have to travel.

2014 we played port at AO and let's face it we got in the 8 in the last round but after 9 straight wins, we were found out. Never thought we'd make it so even though we lost i was still shocked that we did make it. Winning several away (interstate) games in that last 9 games to make it.

2017 well we won our first final and went straight to the prelim and won that and played where all GF's are played the G

Mar 4, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Central Districts
Bahahahahahaha rightio you keep telling yourself that maybe you'll sleep better at night. :drunk:
I understand your denial, the truth hurts sometimes, but everyone knows Adelaide s**t the bed, you just happened to be there at the exact moment and capitalised on it.
Your display was pedestrian, Adelaide's was remarkable...for all the wrong reasons.

AstuteTiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I understand your denial, the truth hurts sometimes, but everyone knows Adelaide s**t the bed, you just happened to be there at the exact moment and capitalised on it.
Your display was pedestrian, Adelaide's was remarkable...for all the wrong reasons.

LOL the denial is you!!! Accept that Richmond belted everyone in the finals series. What truth? the truth and fact is we played brilliantly and won convincingly, what you're doing is finding excuses, in layman terms a loser mentality.

In 2018, home and away we were the best team, the pies beat us in the prelim 'no excuses' they came to play and played better.

Pedestrian? Oh geez, i think ill just leave it there. Now jog on and preach your rubbish to someone else.

Mar 4, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Central Districts
LOL the denial is you!!! Accept that Richmond belted everyone in the finals series. What truth? the truth and fact is we played brilliantly and won convincingly, what you're doing is finding excuses, in layman terms a loser mentality.

In 2018, home and away we were the best team, the pies beat us in the prelim 'no excuses' they came to play and played better.

Pedestrian? Oh geez, i think ill just leave it there. Now jog on and preach your rubbish to someone else.

Why would I be in denial, I don't care enough, my opinion is widely accepted as how it played out.
Adelaide were the better side and didn't show up on the biggest stage, history is littered with examples of this and not just from the football field.
And don't think this is some veiled swipe at Adelaide because unlike many of my fellow club supporters, I don't mind the Crows, it just is what it is.

Now, don't get me wrong though, im not trying to convince you with post after post of my frustrations as you have with anyone who doesn't support your beliefs, I know that would be futile so im happy to leave it there.

AstuteTiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Why would I be in denial, I don't care enough, my opinion is widely accepted as how it played out.
Adelaide were the better side and didn't show up on the biggest stage, history is littered with examples of this and not just from the football field.
And don't think this is some veiled swipe at Adelaide because unlike many of my fellow club supporters, I don't mind the Crows, it just is what it is.

Now, don't get me wrong though, im not trying to convince you with post after post of my frustrations as you have with anyone who doesn't support your beliefs, I know that would be futile so im happy to leave it there.

You're not giving Richmond any credit, that's the point im making. Oh and, by the way, it's only you stating this about the crows which i wholeheartedly disagree. Richmond won it as they wanted it more and played much better. You're making way to many excuses for the crows. Anyway, i think we've gone back and forth on this over and above!

Back