Best premiership side out of Bulldogs 2016, Richmond 2017 and West Coast 2018

Which of these premiership sides is the best of the last 3 years?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond fans going the early crow; if they don’t make the grand final at least, there’s hardly any difference between the Tigers and WC over three years.
No early crow, just facts.

In each season Richmond has had more H&A wins and finished with a better percentage.

In each season we have made a preliminary final, whereas West Coast have only made one.

Richmond’s final record - regardless of the result next week - will at least match West Coast’s across the three seasons.

Richmond fans going the early crow; if they don’t make the grand final at least, there’s hardly any difference between the Tigers and WC over three years.

A premiership, minor premiership and three consecutive prelim finals would say otherwise. And that is just the guaranteed. West Coast doesn’t boast the same results as that

I wouldn't be surprised with West Coast's legendary drug culture that most of their 2018 side was on drugs of some sort like Willie Rioli

Agreed. Was a very even year, and Bulldogs played well all season. There was only a couple of games that were substantial losses if I recall. People act like Bulldogs came out of nowhere when after watching that season numerous times, they were in up to their necks in most games.
Yep. Actually one substantial loss (more than 25 points) - a 57 point loss to your mob when we had more inside 50's, but didn't generate easy shots on goal while your boys couldn't miss. The final score was 16.4.100 to 5.13.43 and being at the game, I felt we were still a slight chance at 3Q time. Who would've thought we'd go on to win the premiership after that debacle? Aside from that, we had several poor games but managed to grind out wins or restrict the damage when we lost thanks to a surprisingly strong defensive unit. I felt our worst loss was actually against St. Kilda and that was only by 15 points.

Richmond got flogged twice in 2017, but also lost three games by less than a goal. They had a dominant (but easier) finals series.

West Coast (19-6 last year) would be the strongest. Bulldogs (19-7) & Richmond (18-7) not far behind and splitting hairs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Premiers 2017 - 3rd on the ladder "home and away"
Minor premier 2018 - prelim
Top 4 2019 - Prelim, perhaps GF, perhaps premier time will tell over the coming week or 2

yeah man I can see how west coast has been better, Seriously get off the pipe!
This thread is for the best Premiership side out of 2016, 2017 & 2018.

Who gives a crap about what Bulldogs did in 2017, Tigers did in 2018 and Eagles did in 2019.

Farce of a thread. How Leicester City 2015/16 isn't included and voted the undisputed best with their herculean effort is beyond me.

I wouldn't be surprised with West Coast's legendary drug culture that most of their 2018 side was on drugs of some sort like Willie Rioli
That is the only thing you guys have to say read below
The most extraordinary information is though, that he did not test positive to subsequent performance enhancing drugs"
"which we are told subsequent tests prove he didn’t. At best he is going to pay an incredibly high stupid or ignorance tax for not probably understanding the process.”

This thread is for the best Premiership side out of 2016, 2017 & 2018.

Who gives a crap about what Bulldogs did in 2017, Tigers did in 2018 and Eagles did in 2019.

Are you eagles fans a bit wet behind the ears. I have read almost every page of this thread its been entertaining and many have ALSO made comments over several years, just a point of discussion. Don't take it to serious champ.

Now if you want to talk who was the better premiership side then how the heck can you go past Richmond, Destroyed every top 4 side in the finals by an average of 7 goals.

Are you eagles fans a bit wet behind the ears. I have read almost every page of this thread its been entertaining and many have ALSO made comments over several years, just a point of discussion. Don't take it to serious champ.

Now if you want to talk who was the better premiership side then how the heck can you go past Richmond, Destroyed every top 4 side in the finals by an average of 7 goals.
I've already admitted before that Richmond had a better Finals Series than West Coast did. My ears are dry by the way;)

Can't wait to see Richmond destroy Geelong next Friday Night:D

Last edited:
I guess it was Richmond.
Clearly.

Best finals record of the 3. Check. (Although Dogs from 4 games is also perfect Tigers finished higher and didn't need to, anyway the Dogs aren't in the conversation here.)

Best back up the year after. Check

Beat each of the other top 4 teams. Check.

Largest winning margins in those finals. Check.

That is the only thing you guys have to say read below
The most extraordinary information is though, that he did not test positive to subsequent performance enhancing drugs"
"which we are told subsequent tests prove he didn’t. At best he is going to pay an incredibly high stupid or ignorance tax for not probably understanding the process.”
He literally put something other than piss in his jar. They don't need to find anything. There is no defence here.

Who cares?????

Some of these threads are so ridiculous as people reply with genuine angst..

You can't compare them as every year is a different set of circumstances.

Back