Best prog metal band

Remove this Banner Ad

Enjoy mate. I am still spewing I missed it. Listening to 'White Walls' right now and am kicking myself :eek:

Is that with Bleeding Through etc?
Nope. Their own sideshow.

19398591.jpg

Do want that ****ing tour poster. Do you know if they played the whole of Colors live at the gig up your way?

Wow, just checked out "Disillusion - Back to Times of Splendor" (thanks KFC)

AWESOME. +1 Fan.

Although I do like prog-metal, I wouldn't say I've listened to it extensively... however I have seen many references on the internet to this album being the best prog-metal album of all time.

It is very good IMO.

I must like prog metal because I have the cd Dimension Hatross by Voi Vod.:D
Tribal Convictions is one of the best songs ever written.

Only the 4th post to get to Voivod. Nice.

To name a band myself: Stargazer probably the best from Australia, but a little more harsh.

Dream Theater of course up to
Dream_Theater_-_Train_of_Thought.jpg
Everything since has been a bit s**t

Just discovered Circus Maximus recently who are bit like DT lite but still pretty good. Seem to be absolutely massive in Japan

Also if you haven't heard Haken, they will blow your mind. The Mountain being my fave album from which this pearler is taken with a fantastic Muppets-esque clip. The world's best contemporary prog-metal band IMO

Last edited:
For the best in newish Aussie prog rock/metal, look no further than sleepmakeswaves and Caligula's Horse IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just discovered these Italian dudes. Pretty great.

Nice little keys solo too about 3:10 in

Holy s**t I just discovered this amazing Aussie proggy, groovy, djenty band Transcience.

Very riminssicnet of Karnivool, Dead Letter, Butterfly Effect without feeling derivative

Got damn they are good, can't believe I've just found out about them

Vooligan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back