Best quotes thread

Remove this Banner Ad

"I'm lazy. But it's the lazy people who invented the wheel and the bicycle because they didn't like walking or carrying things." - Lech Walesa

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan

"Everybody pulls for David, nobody roots for Goliath.” – Wilt Chamberlain

"A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths a statistic." – Usually attributed to Joseph Stalin, probably originated from Kurt Tucholsky

“The journey is the reward.”
Chinese Proverb

“Everybody wants to save the earth; nobody wants to help Mum do the dishes.”
- P.J. O'Rourke

"History will be kind to me for I intend to write it." - Winston Churchill

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan

Super quote. Nice find. :thumbsu:

[YOUTUBE]45mMioJ5szc[/YOUTUBE]

Goosebumps every time i watch that. Fantastic ad :thumbsu:

"Even though large tracts of Europe and many old and famous States have fallen or may fall into the grip of the Gestapo and all the odious apparatus of Nazi rule, we shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender" - Winston Churchill, June 4th 1940

"Sooner or later, Mr. Fowler, one has to take sides if one is to remain human." - The Quiet American.

In response to Adam Selwood's taunt that Chris Judd has shoulder injury issues: "Yeah, that's from carrying you blokes for the last 5 years".

A few of my favourite soccer ones...

"Form is temporary. Class is forever."

"Can't win the lottery if you don't buy a ticket."

Don't know who they're originally attributed to but they're goodies nonetheless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Then his bro texts me 5 minutes later asking if i'll cop a boof in the bum (giggles like a * in a ball pit) WHA? oh yeah i'll let him do it. He bought me Maccas that time remember" - Bowski's cousins daughter.
That's gotta be up there for 2010 GD quotes of the year

Love the Gordon Strachan ones on the first page, although i reckon this was his best one. :D

Reporter: Gordon, Do you think James Beattie deserves to be in the England squad?
Strachan: I don't care, I'm Scottish.
Reporter: Gordon, if you were English?
Strachan: I'd top myself.

The Special One:

“In normal conditions, Porto will be the champion, in abnormal conditions, Porto will also be the champion”

“I think you need me to say something that will stop these strange questions. You want me to say ‘we are going to be champions’? Well, we are going to be champions. You have something to write now. It doesn’t matter about the result against Blackburn or Manchester United, we will be champions.”

"I believe in freedom of speech: you make a speech and I’ll give you your freedom.”

“If I wanted to have an easy job… I would have stayed at Porto – beautiful blue chair, the Uefa Champions League trophy, God, and after God, me.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back