Best Race caller

Remove this Banner Ad

who is the race caller for the big hong kong races? by far the best race caller iv ever heard, makes a race 10 times more exciting! his call when sunline beat fairy king prawn was amazing!

who is the race caller for the big hong kong races? by far the best race caller iv ever heard, makes a race 10 times more exciting! his call when sunline beat fairy king prawn was amazing!
That was David Raphael

Geez, one of the worst? You might not like him but no way was he one of the worst - how come you didnt like him?

He might of made a few mistakes in his latter years but in his day he didnt make many mistakes. Listening to him call Lonhro, Sunline, Tie the Knot, Makybe Diva etc in recent years was fantastic, he loved to call a champion and he added to the theatre of it i think

I love Alan Thomas. I don't think much of him as a racecaller, but by gee he's fun to listen to. He just fair dinkum had it won at the turn. He was never going to lose once he, fair dinkum, once he got it that easy in front. I dunno, it's got me beat. It's got me beat. I mean why would you sit back to the turn, at Doomben, over the 1350m, while Jimmy Byrne's on the leader and he's leading them a merry dance. I dunno. I dunno. It's got me beat, fair dinkum.

He may not be the best but Bill Collins versatility as a race caller and entertainer is severly under rated.

He could call the horse racing, harness racing and grey hounds with aplomb.

He often called a full card of horseracing during a Saturday Afternoon and then backed it up that same evening calling the Harness Racing from the Showgrounds on the Penthouse Club - and the callers position at the Showgrounds was not conducive to calling the results of the Harness Racing and he was rarely wrong in close finishes.

He often hosted the Penthouse Club and Sunnyside Up, he sang (badly), did a soft shoe and performed the skits as well.

His call of the 1986 Cox Plate that ended up being a dog fight finish between Bonecrusher and Our Waverley Star was a highlight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who's the Adelaide guy? I like him, he's a bit loose and gets super excited in awful $12k maidens.

Terry Mcauliffe - has a great voice for racing and loves the poon train :thumbsu:

Who's the Adelaide guy? I like him, he's a bit loose and gets super excited in awful $12k maidens.
You tend to think that he has a bet or two on such races to get so excited

Anyone but Flindell. He must have pictures of somebody at Sky. He's so bad.
listening to flindell on the radio, when there is no vision available, is an utter lottery. something can go from "thundering down the outside" at the 200 to finishing last in the blink of an eye. also misses things coming up on the inside until way too late.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back