Movie Best Race Scenes in Movies?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
What are the best filmed, most gripping, race scenes that you can think of in movies?

I'm talking 10+ minutes of dedicated racing scene.

Is the pod race in The Phantom Menace better than the chariot race in Ben-Hur?

What other ones can you think of (that are totally slipping my mind) that could be just as good or better than those two?

Last edited:

Anakin had a magic pod. He stalled for like a minute at the start but caught up to the pack in no time.

If the driver has one of the best cars it has happened in real life. In F1 it used to be typical for the top 3 to be across the line a lap or 2 ahead of next place. Also I'm pretty sure 'The Force' comes in handy in those situations.

Fangio had it this day:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1957_German_Grand_Prix

Death Race.

It doesn't fit the '10 minute' bit in the OP, but I love this scene from the original Fast and the Furious. People forget how good the first movie was before the series became more about the outrageous stunts etc. and less plot/character 'driven'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It doesn't fit the '10 minute' bit in the OP, but I love this scene from the original Fast and the Furious. People forget how good the first movie was before the series became more about the outrageous stunts etc. and less plot/character 'driven'.

The first movie is a rip off of Point Break so whatever plot and character it has was stolen from a better film.

I prefer the final race in Tokyo Drift.

The first movie is a rip off of Point Break so whatever plot and character it has was stolen from a better film.

I prefer the final race in Tokyo Drift.

The first half of Tokyo Drift is all I've seen of the Fast and Furious movies. Remember the oldest kid from Home Improvement was in it and the main character was a teenager played by a guy who looked 30.

The first half of Tokyo Drift is all I've seen of the Fast and Furious movies. Remember the oldest kid from Home Improvement was in it and the main character was a teenager played by a guy who looked 30.

The main character was the kid from American Gothic, he was about 25 when they did Drift but ironically came back for the 7th one 9 years later playing the same character at the same age! That was pushing it!

Restrained compared to the jumping across skyscrapers s**t I see in the trailers now.

Absolutely, but I can't help enjoying the unashamed over the top nonsense of 4 to 7. The filmmakers know they are making Commando style bullshit and it works.

Days of Thunder, Grand Prix, Initial D, Cars, Megalopolis Expressway Trial series, Drift GTR, Rush, Driven (if you can stand shlocky looking CGI), Cannonball Run

Remove this Banner Ad

Back