Toast Best Remembered Grand Final Goals of All Time

Remove this Banner Ad

As a direct opposition supporter, Kane Lambert's goal in the third quarter of the 2017 granny sticks in my memory. It caused the biggest and deepest roar all day from the Richmond supporters. Up until then I had been in denial, but after the goal I started thinking we're in serious trouble and may not be able to win.

Steele Sidebottoms' in 2011 was pretty good, and Varcoe's 4th quarter goal has been mentioned.

Hodge 2015 was pretty amazing. Isaac Smith 2013 sticks in my mind as one that set the tone for the last quarter.
Malceski in 2012 pretty good.

Tom Boyd because BT said fck on the radio.

From a purely Richmond perspective, three stand out to me:

2017 - Houli’s goal in the first quarter (was the loudest roar of the day) and was the point I felt we’re right into this. Then Lambert’s in the third quarter, the 7th in a row and was when I stopped and thought ‘s**t we’re 6 goals up in a GF’!

2020 - the last goal from Dusty, shaking off Dangerfield and snapping from the pocket. Symbolic

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A few random ones:

Matera 'sets sail for home' and Wilsons 'a cork in the ocean'
Michael Long in 93
Carey and Ablett had a few
Jarman 97, Aussie Jones
Aker several times
Cloke long bomb 02 or 03
Adam Hunter 06
Dew 08
Chapman 09
Hayes and Goddard in 10
Malceski 12
Hodge 15
Boyd and Picken 16
Lambert and Martin 17
Dom Sheed in 18. DeGoey and Yeo also had big ones.

This video includes:

Peter Daicos’ incredible snap from the boundary in the 90’ GF ..first goal of the match for Collingwood..followed by Derek Kickett’s falling sideways freak snap

Peter Wilson’s “ cork in the ocean” snap over the head in 92’

Wayne Carey’s soccer off the ground drop kick goal

Akka’s superb left foot shot from the boundary in the 2004 GF

As a direct opposition supporter, Kane Lambert's goal in the third quarter of the 2017 granny sticks in my memory. It caused the biggest and deepest roar all day from the Richmond supporters. Up until then I had been in denial, but after the goal I started thinking we're in serious trouble and may not be able to win.
Yep I reckon that’s when us tiger fans started thinking we might actually win this now.

Max Gawn’s 2021 Grand Final goal/not called a goal

Come to think of it, remember when scores were almost level at the start of the fourth in the 2018 GF, and De Goey 'laaaauuunches' (as Brian Taylor put it) on the run from the centre clearance? I was convinced the Pies had it. Like getting Norm Smith votes, a memorable grand final goal carries so much more weight when it's by the winning side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back