JimDocker

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2007
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Doncaster Rovers, Boston Celtics
Perth has had some fantastic restaurants over the years. Has anybody been to any of the newer ones that have just opened.

I have been fortunate enough to go to Restaurant Amuse recently.
http://www.restaurantamuse.com.au/index.php?page=menu
It was an amazing experience. Food at this level is one of life's great pleasures. Obviously, these type of fine dining resataurants are not to everybodies taste, but I have found that we are going out for dinner less and going to better restaurants.

On Friday, my wife and her sister took my brother in law and myself out for our birthdays to The Print Hall, Perth's newest IN place.
http://www.printhall.com.au/
Wow !!! Rob Broadfield who is a notoriously difficult food critic stated in his review on the weekend that he wishes he could eat there everyday. First drinks in the bar, excellent beers and wines to the table where each of us had the most incredible dishes.
Interestingly, the bar staff were not all tattooed guys or girls with piercings everywhere that strutted about impressed by themselves for working at a cool place but career staff that serve the customers politely and professionally.

What other restaurants and bars have people been to recently? Not necessarily high end stuff.

If you head to the airport, SQ224 leaves at 7.35am to connect with SQ976 which will get you into Bangkok at 17:25 in time for a decent dinner. You could be at Sirocco for drinks just after sunset if all goes well. As an added bonus, the SQ staff will feed and water you nicely along the way.

Probably cheaper than most Perth options too.:p

One of the most enjoyable meals I've had in the last couple of years was a dinner at Bistro Felix in Subiaco when I was over there in July. They had the whole Tour de France thing going on and the menu was specifically tailored to the region the Tour was currently visiting. They must have had a deal with a local bike shop because there were a bunch of racing bikes as part of the decor, and with the Tour on TV it was a great relaxed atmosphere.

Was a great night and I am quite keen to try and get there again if I'm there at that time next year.

Another not very cheap but restaurant I found to be fantastic is Incontro in South Perth. Very different in that they offer tiered meals, if you cant decide between say 3 main meals you can choose all 3 mains in 1/3rd sized portions. You can also do the same for the entrees. Great for sharing. Cocktails were very good as well.

Went there with the GF and for entrees, mains and drinks (a lot of cocktails) it came to about $400. Cocktails were quite expensive though

Anyone got an opinion on C Restaurant?

Had a look at the menu and it looks a bit ho-hum for a top tier restaurant.

Food is very, very average, paying for the view/experience. Good to go once to experience it but personally I'd never go again unless they offered the pay what you think it's worth again

Been disappointed both times that I have been to the C restaurant. Paying more for the view and the fact that it is spinning around. The food was not terrible by any means but certainly not top tier stuff and the prices indicate that it is.

Incontro sounds good. Certainly pricey though. How many cocktails did you guys drink ?

Bistro Felix is one that I have not been to yet but my wife enjoyed it on a girls night out.

I thought Ezra Pound was pretty good. I've only been there three or four times, but with Melb Bitters for like $6, who can complain?

Been disappointed both times that I have been to the C restaurant. Paying more for the view and the fact that it is spinning around. The food was not terrible by any means but certainly not top tier stuff and the prices indicate that it is.

Incontro sounds good. Certainly pricey though. How many cocktails did you guys drink ?

Bistro Felix is one that I have not been to yet but my wife enjoyed it on a girls night out.

We spent at least $200 on drinks, the premium cocktails were $18 to $20 each from memory. The mains were in the $30 - $60 range I think. The Morton Bay Bugs were amazing, first time I had ever had them

Andaluz is a great Tapas restaurant in the Perth CBD. Bit louder, so not somewhere you'd go for a quiet date but great for sharing food with a nice range of drinks.

Also recommend Duende in Leederville. Another Tapas place which is more appropriate for a date kind of night. Very interesting/unique food, large range of wine and cocktails but limited range of beers.

Bistro Felix is a lot less fancy than a lot of these places. But I like it. I am very much for the more casual dining experience... I can't remember the last time I went somewhere with heavy white linen tablecloths.

Duende is a big favourite of mine. Not a fine dining experience Caesar. Very good quality tapas and an excellent wine selection. It will not blow the budget

Really like Andaluz but only been there for a drink. Never eaten there.

Across the road at Greenhouse, however. There is a great place to eat. Again, you can go silly and spend a lot or eatsome nice selections for not too much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Duende is a big favourite of mine. Not a fine dining experience Caesar. Very good quality tapas and an excellent wine selection. It will not blow the budget

Really like Andaluz but only been there for a drink. Never eaten there.

Across the road at Greenhouse, however. There is a great place to eat. Again, you can go silly and spend a lot or eatsome nice selections for not too much.

I thought Greenhouse was only ok. I think they try way to hard to be different and it comes across in the price

For tapas I've enjoyed Amphoras bar in West Perth. Recently went to Bos Taurus which just opened on Beaufort Street and thought they did a great steak.

Also love Tony Romas for some wings and ribs, definitely not a fancy place, although it is expensive.

I love sausage sizzles at Bunnings. As a single guy in my 20s who no longer plays rugby I don't actually go that many places where there is a sausage sizzle these days.

Sometimes nothing beats a sausage on white bread smothered in onions and tomato sauce.

The Sausage Sizzle down at the belmont Bunnings is choice.

The whitfords bunnings sausage sizzle gets a fair work out. I remember last summer I had to make 3 trips to bunnings in the one afternoon as I attempted to fix the retic and hit up the sausage sizzle each time.

When I was in Canada in June I had a look around a Home Depot (North American version of Bunnings) and when I walked back out to the car park, I thought to myself how good would a bunnings style sausage sizzle be right now.

The Bentley hotel does awesome burgers.

If you don't mind paying $46 for all you can eat, then head to Eat Greek on the river in Freo - massive choice of food, 3 seperate buffets and they have pretty all types of food, from salads, to steaks, rice dishes, pastas, desserts, stir fry meals - everything.

Went to Meeka in Subiaco for a friends birthday last week. Amazing Middle Eastern flavours.

http://www.meekarestaurant.com.au/

The chef says that it is a modern Australian twist to traditional Middle Eastern fare, but not being an expert on either, I am just happy to say that it was delicious.

For entree, we had a mezze plate. Simple but yummy.

For mains, most dishes were tajines. We were in a group so we had a few different ones - chicken, goat, lamb, seafood and vegetarian and they were all fantastic. One of the side dishes was fried cauliflower and despite that sounding pretty simple, it was my highlight of the night. We had a type of pearl couscous as another side and it was beautiful.

For dessert, we shared some Turkish Delight stuffed doughnuts with chocolate sauce and pistachio ice cream. They were as good as they sound but I struggled to get through them after filling up on the tajines.

Definitely recommend this place.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back