Racing Best roughies of the day

Jan 31, 2010
Busan
AFL Club
Adelaide
Couldn't find any recent threads on this but could be a good idea.

A thread for your "best" roughies of the day, best value tips, drifting fancies etc... whether that be on the gallops, footy, bball or any other sport where you come across some juicy odds. A place to come when you're down 5k for the day and looking to chase your losses :) probably a good idea to have some reasoning behind your picks too ;)

Will get the ball rolling with a few today

Warwick Farm
R1 SLICK SPEED - barrier is the only reason he isn't favourite. Been close up in nice 3YO races. Just needs that little bit of luck. $10/$3
R2 VISION - hasn't done much wrong in its 2 starts. Not exactly taking on any superstars here either. Apprentice jockey aboard may be a reason why it is double figures. $14/$4
R3 FIFTYSHADESOFGREY - got walloped by Overreach first start then ran well in easier grade at Canterbury. Very fit. $12/$3
R6 MY HIGHLIGHT - knows how to win and has only been 1 length behind winner last 2 starts. Gets back in the field and swoops home so the extra 400m here looks helpful. $15/$4

Sandown
R6 COOLDINI - Caulfield winner 3 starts back and although finished 9th last start in same grade, he was running on so will benefit from the step up to 1600m. $21/$5.50
R8 TRIPLE TEE - A crappy first up run at Moonee but wasn't blown away. Improves sharply second up and has a nice win strike rate. $34/$9

Rooster Cogburn

Premiership Player
Dec 16, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal
Not to put the mock on you drake, but I had a decent go at Visions @ 4 the place last night. Best of luck.

Jan 31, 2010
Busan
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not a huge amount of success with 5 out of the 6 so far (terrible riding didn't help a couple of them) but a bit if value for #12 Sherbet Bomb in the 7th at Sandown. Early favourite this morning but has been gradually drifting in the market. Three length winner last start. Tougher grade but must have a touch of class to win that comfortably. Drifted to $12.50/$4 if anyone wants a nibble.

footystar_

Team Captain
Mar 29, 2006
Pt Cook
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
well opened at 8.50 so i wouldn't call it a favourite, came in very late, i won at lot on it in the spring when it won at 41s

footystar_

Team Captain
Mar 29, 2006
Pt Cook
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I have no idea! Last 2 starts weren't the best but interference was major factors it got slammed late

Jan 31, 2010
Busan
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yep straight to the front, led by about 3 lengths with 4-500 left but ran out of gas. 1000m would be as long as he wants it, extra 100m here just hurt too much.

Only other one today is Tayla Lee in the 6th at Geelong. No real fresh form but this is weak and all 4 wins have been at this distance. No superstar but capable enough. She's been $8+ in every one of her 4 wins and she's $9 again today, likely to drift a bit more as well.

Didak_attack

All Australian
Sep 27, 2005
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
For Saturday have been given some mail in the last at Rosehill on Second Effort. Opened at 50s which the stable immediately took, loves the rain affected track. Can still find $31/$11 on B365, if you have a few bucks to spare i suggest you have a little dip on it

footystar_

Team Captain
Mar 29, 2006
Pt Cook
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
So why did you get the boot from MVP Genius anyway?

Wouldn't call it the boot, I was half the reason that company is where it is today from the horse racing perspective, I provided tips and then whilst they charged didn't get any coin from them, something I'm actually looking into as we speak.

Apparently tips have been horrible since after spring carnival when I was doing there form and analysis, few people have pm me on fb.

Jan 31, 2010
Busan
AFL Club
Adelaide
One for the day

Race 7 Grafton in 10 minutes. Universal Belief. Loves the slop. 8 tries for 4 wins on heavy. 2 out of 4 second up. Drawn to receive a soft run while his main rivals are jumping from wide barriers. I got on at $12 earlier and can still get $10 fixed.

Jan 31, 2010
Busan
AFL Club
Adelaide
4 hopes today from the form I've done.

Tamworth race 3 - Studio Star. Bursting to break through and gets his chance here. On a quick back up but don't think that'll matter. $11/$4

Tamworth race 6 - Storm Runner. 2 starts at the t/d for 2 wins and all wins at the trip so you know he'll run out the 1600. The #1 red hot though so each way may be wise. $14/$5

Yarra Valley race 6 - Summers Day. Has come back in nice touch and so far has 2 wins this campaign. Little inconsistent but Holland stays on board. Missed the jump 2 starts back but still won by 2 lengths. Has the talent to win. $12/$3

Mackay race 4 - My Lega Ci. Has done nothing wrong since win @ $45 three starts back. Taking on average field here and can be in the finish. $19/$4.50

Jan 31, 2010
Busan
AFL Club
Adelaide
Few ill keep my eye on today...

Sandown race 3 - Don't Wake Me. Recent numbers don't read well but hasn't been far away. With a bit of luck he is more then capable of finishing top 2. $11/$3

Sandown race 5 - Cooldini. Last chance. Have backed him previously but hasn't fired this campaign. Stepping up in distance which could be helpful. Frustrating because he had the talent to win this easily but doesn't seem keen to race. $21/$5. Also like Gogonski in this at $11 who generally goes well at Sandown and was unlucky not to win last start.

Sandown race 6 - Tower of Lonhro. Back to form last start with comfortable Seymour victory. This is harder but gotta love a horse then knows how to win. 9 starts, saluting 4 times. Definite chance. $13/$3.

Sandown race 8 - Tigerish. Forget last start where it was checked and lost all ground. Go on last start 4th at Sandown where it peaked on its run and finished 2 length 4th. Pet distance and nice place hope. $18/$6.

Got a couple at the other venues too I think! Just doing some form

Jan 31, 2010
Busan
AFL Club
Adelaide
Canterbury race 4 - Master Gaze. Hasn't been far away lately and second up form is great (missed a place once in 6 tries) was the pacemaker last start and just faded away. Should get a nice run here. $17/$4

Canterbury race 7 - I'm In The Money. In some serious form. 2 length 6th two starts back defeated by Annabels (who is favourite here) then goes back in grade in a 65 and shits it in by 4 lengths. Back up in grade here an I'd say he's learnt a lot from his start two races back and can figure now. $26/$6

Doomben race 6 - Play Luck. 10th last start here but just 3 lengths off winner. Lightly raced and only win came on a heavy8 which is what the track is rated at present. $16/$4.50

Balaklava race 3 - Janice May. Stormed home last start and the extra distance suits. Each way hope but I've got some on the nose. $12/$3

Balaklava race 7 - Magic Tigress. In form, racing well in city fields and won here last start. Each way. $12/$3

Back