Best Self Improvement, Motivational and Educational Books

Remove this Banner Ad

freebloke

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
So, what comes racing to your mind when you think of self improvement books?

I think the most impressive one I've read is "Go Do" by Jeremy Harbour. I handed out multiple copies of the book for free and it motivated my sister to get out of dead end jobs and go into business along with her husband. Highly recommended if you are even thinking about Going into business at some point in your life.

Other ones which were classics:-

How to win friends and influence people by Dale Carnegie - haven't read it recently, so might re read it.

7 habits of highly effective people by Stephen Covey - mesmerising early chapters... but I didn't finish it

What are your favourite self improvement books and how have they changed your life?

I really enjoyed Think And Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill. Admittedly at times he waffled on and some of it was a little crazy but overall well worth the read.

Oh my God, a book on self development books, I think I'm in heaven. 8 love these kind of books.

I have recently been reading 4 hour work week by Tim ferris and it's an entertaining read, the guy is a genius as far as I'm concerned. it talks about how people make excuses and delay the inevitable and start doing and how to be most productive without necessarily trying to do more.

Few off the top of my head

The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
Psycho Cybernetics by Maxwell Maltz
Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini
The 48 Powers of Law by Robert Greene

How did you find the book by Robert cialdini, looks and interesting read.

So, what comes racing to your mind when you think of self improvement books?

I think the most impressive one I've read is "Go Do" by Jeremy Harbour. I handed out multiple copies of the book for free and it motivated my sister to get out of dead end jobs and go into business along with her husband. Highly recommended if you are even thinking about Going into business at some point in your life.

Other ones which were classics:-

How to win friends and influence people by Dale Carnegie - haven't read it recently, so might re read it.

7 habits of highly effective people by Stephen Covey - mesmerising early chapters... but I didn't finish it

What are your favourite self improvement books and how have they changed your life?

7 habits of highly effective people I have not read but sounds like a good one.

Some books will help change your life, 4 hour week as I , mentioned above is great ☺

I have also bought strength finder 2.0 by gallop, you get to fill out an online questionnaire and it's good cos it's personable that way.

What benefits you may not help you and vice versa but am open to ideas ☺

How did it change me? much more at ease with myself and realise we ALL have our deamons so it's ok not to be perfect, who is? no one.

7 habits of highly effective people I have not read but sounds like a good one.

Some books will help change your life, 4 hour week as I , mentioned above is great

I have also bought strength finder 2.0 by gallop, you get to fill out an online questionnaire and it's good cos it's personable that way.

What benefits you may not help you and vice versa but am open to ideas

How did it change me? much more at ease with myself and realise we ALL have our deamons so it's ok not to be perfect, who is? no one.

I'll check out strength finder 2.0...

Haha... you should also look at "ACHIEVE: Find Out Who You Are, What You Really Want, And How To Make It " - by Chris Friesen MD.

Describes part of your personality based on your post above!

https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/aw/d/B...5&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=chris+friesen

How did you find this book?

I am at career crossroads atm, and wanted some solid advice on how to go about picking the right fit for me.

So, I googled the topic and found this book as closest to that issue, and looking at it methodically.

I am at career crossroads atm, and wanted some solid advice on how to go about picking the right fit for me.

So, I googled the topic and found this book as closest to that issue, and looking at it methodically.

Have you had a chance to implant the techniques yet? what job you do btw?

Anyone else read Napoleon Hill Think and Grow Rich and thought it was a good read? Would be interested in others thoughts.

I have started reading think your way to wealth by napolean hill, and its a good read (still only through initial chapters).

I have recommended napolean hill to others and my 21 year old is reading TAGR, and loving it. He thinks it reminds him of "the secret", but I am no big fan of that book.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you had a chance to implant the techniques yet? what job you do btw?

I started on some of the techniques. Struggling with writing down goals (as predicted by the book), but one thing that has changed definitely is how I see other people. Even though, its not the focus of the book, I understand the personalities of other people more.

I used to work as a financial analyst/project manager.

Have not read it yet but is certainly popular, what did you find most helpful if the book?
I think it needs to be read on an individual basis. In fact I've heard of people who have read it many, many times and each time they still notice something new that they they didn't see before.

Different chapters and ideas will appeal to different people.

I have started reading think your way to wealth by napolean hill, and its a good read (still only through initial chapters).

I have recommended napolean hill to others and my 21 year old is reading TAGR, and loving it. He thinks it reminds him of "the secret", but I am no big fan of that book.
How was TYWTW? I'm thinking it's much like TAGR in that different people would take away different thoughts and ideas?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back