• Sam Simpson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zach Guthrie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jackson Thurlow

Votes: 12 26.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

So many guys I'd consider best 22 material haven't fired a shot this year and plenty of guys I consider we'll behind in the pecking order have excelled with the opportunity. Any team I put together looks really wrong.

It's amazing that we could've won every match we've played when all of Danger, Selwood, Taylor, Henderson, Hawkins, Smith, Guthrie and Scott Selwood have between them barely fired a shot and Ablett has missed half the games. If you told me before the season that our best 4 players in round 8 would be Menegola, Stewart, Kelly and Ratugolea I'd assume we were in all sorts of trouble.

Given my choices in the poll, from the weekend’s team goes:

In: Hawkins, Parfitt, Cockatoo, McCarthy, Henderson, C.Guthrie, S.Selwood, Menzel
Out: Murdoch, Gregson, Cunico, GHS, Parsons, Crameri, Thurlow, Henry

In reality those outs will probably play 70 games between them this season

I’m keeping him at arms length until he gets a new deal. Don’t want to be too attached for him to leave at seasons end.

Is Esava a lock now? Him and Stewart are clear highlights for the season. He’s only bloody 19. Hasn’t torn a game apart but I haven’t seen a kid at his age in his position look so promising.
he certainly seems to have displaced Buzza. I know that another thread a few people are calling for him to be rested, I'd monitor him week to week and see if he makes it to the bye. his confidence would be sky high - don't burst the bubble.

We are a better team without henderson. Harry was looking a little slow against collingwood as well

Henderson has been our best defender in a lot of games he's played and Harry was coming off seven weeks out, of course he's going to look a little slow.

I think we need to just shut down Hendo for the year though and give him plenty of time to recover, especially if our defenders keep playing as well as they have.

Given my choices in the poll, from the weekend’s team goes:

In: Hawkins, Parfitt, Cockatoo, McCarthy, Henderson, C.Guthrie, S.Selwood, Menzel
Out: Murdoch, Gregson, Cunico, GHS, Parsons, Crameri, Thurlow, Henry

In reality those outs will probably play 70 games between them this season
I’ve got Fogs ahead of McCarthy at this stage. Full pre season, better numbers than linc in his career.

I’ve got Fogs ahead of McCarthy at this stage. Full pre season, better numbers than linc in his career.
That’s fair. I think McCarthy is more dangerous and likely to bob up with a few goals but I can see your side of it.

I’m keeping him at arms length until he gets a new deal. Don’t want to be too attached for him to leave at seasons end.

Id say enjoy he holiday..or maybe the honeymoon even though you know sooner or later its got to end.

You know he may be gong ..but enjoy it why he is here....and who knows ..maybe he stays. I watched Hutchy raise the idea of Geelong looking to trade him last night and was basically howled down..but in the end.. it may not be totally Geelongs choice.
A mature player like Kelly coming in.. it reminds me of Williams and GA Sr... not many come in like he has and you wonder .where the hell have you been.. I wonder if he would adapt.. he has done more than that , a lot more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well you know who will probably get picked then... although I think Linc is more likely to add scoreboard pressure.
If it comes down to it I think they’ll pick McCarthy. But that’s a fair “if” given his injury history.

Henderson has been our best defender in a lot of games he's played and Harry was coming off seven weeks out, of course he's going to look a little slow.

I think we need to just shut down Hendo for the year though and give him plenty of time to recover, especially if our defenders keep playing as well as they have.
Henderson struggles big time in finals. He is unable to play a lockdown role and plays as a 3rd tall. If he plays as the 3rd tall we are slower. We look a lot more dynamic with him not in the team and i would much prefer that stewart play that role as a 3rd tall

Unfortunately our best 22 team can't contain our best 22 players due to team balance.

Can't play all of Henderson, Taylor, Smith, Hawkins, Blicavs, Ratogalea, Crameri, Menzel, Kolo and Stewart in the same team.

Unfortunately our best 22 team can't contain our best 22 players due to team balance.

Can't play all of Henderson, Taylor, Smith, Hawkins, Blicavs, Ratogalea, Crameri, Menzel, Kolo and Stewart in the same team.
If all of those are available only Crameri misses.

If we played Taylor, Henderson, Blicavs, Kolo and Stewart in the back line against Richmond on the G we would get belted.
No reason Blicavs would be there if Taylor and Henderson are. Who is going to replace Kolo and Stewart in the back six?

Back