B: Tuohy Henderson Bews
HB: Kolo Taylor Stewart
C: Duncan S.Selwood C.Guthrie
HF: Menegola Hawkins Cockatoo
F: Menzel Dangerfield McCarthy
R: Smith Ablett J.Selwood
Int: Blicavs Parfitt Thurlow Parsons

:thumbsu:

Love that you have Ablett as a mid and Danger as a forward. This is exactly what I've been advocating. Most people seem to have it the other way around.

:thumbsu:

Love that you have Ablett as a mid and Danger as a forward. This is exactly what I've been advocating. Most people seem to have it the other way around.
Ablett will spend time forward but PFD is the better and more dangerous forward. He could kick 70-80 goals there.

I'd be going into round 1 with something like:

My ideal side!

Bit iffy on McCarthy though I might replace him with Gregson given preseason and form. McCarthy more dynamic but I reckon Gregson is the better option on the mid/fwd swing, additionally has more pressure acts and tackles on average. Love Gregsons aggression, have got a soft spot for him though so I’m slightly bias!

Ablett will spend time forward but PFD is the better and more dangerous forward. He could kick 70-80 goals there.

I reckon both could achieve this feat.

A quote that’s always stuck with me was when Ablett came back from his labrum tear in early 2016. All the hype was on Fyfe from 2015 and Ablett tore the joint apart with a tonne of possies and multiple goals, obviously the shoulder continued to haunt him though. Regardless I remember Lloyd saying on the Sunday footy show ‘After missing a bit of footy, You really do forget how good this bloke is and there’s your reminder’. Facebook trolls were silenced for the proceeding weeks.

If we can get his fitness even partially right then he’s the most dynamic player in the competition capable of kicking 60+.

My ideal side!

Bit iffy on McCarthy though I might replace him with Gregson given preseason and form. McCarthy more dynamic but I reckon Gregson is the better option on the mid/fwd swing, additionally has more pressure acts and tackles on average. Love Gregsons aggression, have got a soft spot for him though so I’m slightly bias!

It would be nice if we could get one, or both of them, on the track in 2018.
But one would be an improvement on 2017.

With an inside midfield group of Ablett, Dangerfield and Selwood, I'd be daring the other side to stop me. I like how we used Menegola this year, it was either him or S.Selwood.
OK on paper that looks like a lot of clearances. I'd like to see them be effective. Hopefully they'll spend the preseason working out where the ball will be going from each of them or whoever is in the midfield. Paddy has it, it's going here. Gaz has it, you lead here, you lead there, and you decoy there. Joel has it, give it the Dunc, everybody on the lead! :) Basically my dream is that when the season comes around it looks like these guys have spent the summer practicing together. (injuries nonwithstanding)

I'd be going into round 1 with something like:

Good side this is, and capable of winning a flag if everything clicks, I mean look at Richmonds premiership winning team.

That forward line has so many goals in it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B: Z.Guthrie Henderson Bews
HB: Touhy Taylor Stewart
C: Parsons Duncan S.Selwood
HF: Ablett Hawkins Cockatoo
F: Parfitt Menzel McCarthy
R: Smith Dangerfield, J.Selwood
Int: Blicavs, Menegola Kolo, C.Guthrie

A few debatable:
- Thurlow, Z.Guthrie or C.Guthrie down back
- Danger forward or mid (he'll play both)
- Forward structure 1 KP + Menzel, 2 KP + Menzel or 2KP and no Menzel. All are options
- Who takes over from Motlop. I went with Parsons

B: Gardner Henderson Bews
C: Scooter Menegola Duncan
HF: McCarthy Ablett Parfitt
FF: Buzza Hawkins Gregson
R: Z Smith Selwood Danger
Inter: Gregson, Blicavs, Thurlow, Guthrie
Gardner MUST be developed next season so there's no doubt he'll be a priority at the selection table.
Pretty good side when there's no room for Watts and Stringer

Gardner MUST be developed next season so there's no doubt he'll be a priority at the selection table.
Pretty good side when there's no room for Watts and Stringer
I don't want Watts, if Stringer came on board I'd probably drop your namesake and move Parfitt to the bench.

I don't want Watts, if Stringer came on board I'd probably drop your namesake and move Parfitt to the bench.
I'd have Stringer ahead of Mc Carthy across half forward.
Given what I've heard lately about Stringer, I doubt we'll go for him
I'm confident Watts is our first priority

Unfortunately these sides all look like re-runs of our flogged prelim sides of late. Apart from Gazza we are clearly nowhere in terms of winning it all unless we get massive improvement in our mid level and young players and we get a Buzza and Gardiner for example both converting to B grade senior players next year. It's a big stretch. Compare,for example, the additions to Ports list and you'd think they are materially moving into the frame. I hope this week coming throws up some lateral thinking from the list managers.

Unfortunately these sides all look like re-runs of our flogged prelim sides of late. Apart from Gazza we are clearly nowhere in terms of winning it all unless we get massive improvement in our mid level and young players and we get a Buzza and Gardiner for example both converting to B grade senior players next year. It's a big stretch. Compare,for example, the additions to Ports list and you'd think they are materially moving into the frame. I hope this week coming throws up some lateral thinking from the list managers.
Agree in principal, but Richmond have shown you don't need a side bursting with talent, just a gameplan sorted to your cattle. The rot starts at the top with Chris Scott.

Touhy - Henderson - Bews
Guthrie - Taylor - Stewart
Kolo - Menegola - Duncan
Parfitt - Dangerfield - Cockatoo
Menzel - Hawkins - Mcarthy

R: Blicavs, J Selwood, Ablett

inter: Thurlow, Buzza, Parsons, s selwood

Em: Z Smith, J jones, Z Guthrie, Simpson, Murdoch

Happy enough to swap Z Smith and Blicavs but would give mobile ruck a chance to kick it off. Reckon mobile rucks will be in vogue next year.

B: Z.Guthrie Henderson Bews
C: Parsons Duncan S.Selwood
HF: Ablett Hawkins Cockatoo
F: Parfitt Menzel McCarthy
R: Smith Dangerfield, J.Selwood
Int: Blicavs, Menegola Kolo, C.Guthrie

A few debatable:
- Thurlow, Z.Guthrie or C.Guthrie down back
- Danger forward or mid (he'll play both)
- Forward structure 1 KP + Menzel, 2 KP + Menzel or 2KP and no Menzel. All are options
- Who takes over from Motlop. I went with Parsons
I think Cam Guthrie can play the outside role pretty good on the Wing. Duncan is probably better on outside also, with Scooter in the guts IMO. Not convinced about Parsons yet, he doesn't waste the ball and has a bit of agro about him, but doesn't get in the play enough (but that may be because he was played forward and out of position).

I'll need to assess this Best 22 once trade period and draft is finished.

Interesting bearing paul Roos speak about watts vs stringer. Reckons he'd take watts every day of the week over stringer. Talked about having realistic expectations of players - and that stringer is hugely inconsistent in both preparation and output - and that hasn't changed - and he's now well into his career. Said watts personally won Melbourne 6 games in 2016 and he was very surprised they want to move him on.

Looks like we may be holding onto Menzel 2018 .
Touhy - Henderson - Bews
Guthrie - Taylor - Stewart
Kolo - Menegola - Duncan
Parfitt - Dangerfield - Cockatoo
Menzel - Hawkins - Mcarthy

R: Blicavs, J Selwood, Ablett

inter: Thurlow, Buzza, Parsons, s selwood

Em: Z Smith, J jones, Z Guthrie, Simpson, Murdoch

Happy enough to swap Z Smith and Blicavs but would give mobile ruck a chance to kick it off. Reckon mobile rucks will be in vogue next year.
Zac Smith does not lack mobility; a bit underrated imho.
Did ok in B & F too.

Back