For what its worth, I reckon

B: Milburn, Scarlett, Djerkurra

HB: Kelly, Taylor, Mackie

C: Enright, Corey, Bartel

HF: Chapman, Hawkins, Johnson

FF: Stokes, Mooney, Varcoe

R: Ottens, Ablett, Selwood

IB: Ling, Byrnes, Blake, Hogan

a few speculative here, presuming another preseason will lift the likes of Djerkurra and Hogan into regular spots. Think Stokes will bounce back next year too. Expect Hunt, Gamble, and Wojo to play regular Footy as well.

40back_(350_x_525).jpg

djerkurra in defence?? tad unusual isnt it. As well as no Josh Hunt

FB: Hunt Scarlett Mackie
HB: Wojinski Taylor Enright
C: Corey Ablett Bartel
HF: Rooke Mooney Chapman
FF: Varcoe Hawkins Johnson
R: Ottens Selwood Ling
I: West Byrnes Kelly Milburn
E: Hogan Drum Stokes

Djerkurra in defence was a little out of left field but I reckon that it could be a great move for him-learn from an amazing defence. He's hard and fast. Good skills. Could develop into a wirrpanda type.

first half of 2009 id agree, second half he appeared to lose pace and looked a bit on the stuart dew side. but surely wojo is better in that role all that aside

l don't expect to see to many changes maybe milburn wont play every game and gillies and drum get some game.time or milburn could play more up forward.this season west,gamble and Djerkurra must take their game to the next level other than that.l dont expect to many new faces in he main side but looking forward to the NAB cup.

B: xxxxx Scarlett Kelly
HB: Mackie Taylor Enright
C: Selwood Bartel Corey
HF: Chapman Mooney Johnson
F: xxxxx Hawkins xxxxx
R: Ottens Ling Ablett

I: Blake Rooke Milburn xxxxx

The gaps come down to the whole "team balance" thing again don't they.

I would be tempted to say that all 3 of Stokes, Byrnes and Varcoe are in our best side. Realistically it might again come down to 2/3 if Johnson and Chapman are both fit.

Then looking at the backline many people may say that both Hunt and Wojcinski are in the 22. That would mean Hunt in for Harley but for "team balance" the club might want the 3rd tall in Drum or Gillies to take over the Harley role and Hunt (if he comes back from his reco ok) would displace Wojo.

Say the four gaps in my side are taken by Hunt, Stokes, Byrnes, Varcoe.....

That leaves Wojo, Drum, Hogan, Gamble, Gillies, Laidler, West, Lonergan, Djerkurra as AFL ready back up without relying on a draftee blitzing it or a Brown, Motlop or someone else kicking on big time next year.

l don't expect to see to many changes maybe milburn wont play every game and gillies and drum get some game.time or milburn could play more up forward.this season west,gamble and Djerkurra must take their game to the next level other than that.l dont expect to many new faces in he main side but looking forward to the NAB cup.

I've seen a bit more of Drum than most when he was at Freo and his a lot better player than general public think. He was very highly rated by the coaching staff at Freo and for good reason, he has very capable skills. It can very hard to settle at a Perth club just being a Victorian, and the Freo fans always graded him harshly due to his surname and his uncle's time at the club.

When he was up and going he clearly demonstrated he could be well above your ordinary player. Someone will shoot me down: However I beleive with no pressure, and training in a strong supportive environment if Drum found himself in Geelong's back 6 the coaches could find him very hard to move.

This is a guy going from playing in a team with backline that have 10 kicked against them in one term to a side that's backline can repell a quarter long attack from the oppostion into a couple of points. I can see where Geelong are going with this kid - in hoping to put him facing the ball in defense and learning of quality experts how to play better as a Defender.

With a new year and players retiring, moving on, slowing down, whatdo
we think will be our best side in 2010?

For what its worth, I reckon

B: Milburn, Scarlett, Djerkurra

HB: Kelly, Taylor, Mackie

C: Enright, Corey, Bartel

HF: Chapman, Hawkins, Johnson

FF: Stokes, Mooney, Varcoe

R: Ottens, Ablett, Selwood

IB: Ling, Byrnes, Blake, Hogan

a few speculative here, presuming another preseason will lift the likes of Djerkurra and Hogan into regular spots. Think Stokes will bounce back next year too. Expect Hunt, Gamble, and Wojo to play regular Footy as well.

I wouldn't put Djerrkura in defence...we have the best defence going around so why mess with the chemistry? Long term he will end up in the midfield/fwd as that's where the vacancies will become. In 2010 I'd be playing him up forward...we'd be stupid to play Chappy and SJ every single week given their injury history and importance, so I'd give him games there at times.

Essentially in terms of the 22 that played in the GF, Hunt comes back in to take Harley's spot, with Drum and Gillies also pushing for that spot (I think it will depend on team balance some weeks as to whether we go with an extra tall or small.

Hogan will be the one who similarly gets games in the midfield if others are out.

The only other change will be who the second ruckman is if Otto or Blake get injured or need a rest. Other than that it'll be the same team from last year.

As LSV said, 2011 onwards is when we'll see more changes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FB: Hunt Scarlett Enright
HB: Kelly Taylor Mackie
C: Corey Selwood Chapman
HF: Rooke Mooney Byrnes
FF: Varcoe Hawkins Johnson
R: Ottens Ablett Bartel
IC: Ling Milburn Stokes Blake

Wojak, Gillies, Drum, Hogan, Menzel, Laidler, Taylor-Hunt, Djerkurra, Brown, Gamble.

Can't see any of the others getting a gig.

Black = Locks
Blue = Likely regulars
Red = 10+ games
Green = Likely to appear at least once

Pretty stable lineup but we'd really benefit a lot if one of the green could make the step up to a good regular player for the cats.

I like that representation DanA. I reckon though that Woja is more likely to be a "Blue" and Josh Hunt a "Red" following a year out with a knee reco.

I would also include Trent West as a "Green", especially as Blake is a "Blue"!!!

Cheers.

I think Hunt is better than Wojak but yeah their are question marks about the knee. My money is on Hunt though. Maybe both red

West could sneak in for a green as suggested as can probably Lonergan as well. Can't see either of them getting much game time though.

2nd that. Harley was lucky Hunt was injured all year and not around to put more pressure on..

Agreed

Djerkurra has proven nothing and is a long way off best 22..

True...and this is probably his last year to change that, so I hope he does. And I'm all for him getting games if there's injuries, just not in our backline. No need to mess with that.

Guys in BLUE are all fighting for the same spot so it depends on form and fitness.

B: Hunt - Scarlett - Enright

HB: Milburn - Taylor - Mackie

C: Selwood - Ablett - Corey

HF: Kelly - Mooney - S. Johnson

F: Chapman - Hawkins - Byrnes

R: Ottens - Bartel - Ling

I/T: Blake, Wojinski, Rooke , Varcoe

Emg out of: Gamble/Stokes/Varcoe/Byrnes, Hogan, Gillies, Lonergan, West, Djerrkura and Drum.

Should we stay injury free (no real long term ones and too key players (we all know who) we should go along way because like last year and in 2007 we still have depth to cover most areas, all depends how hungry the boys are..

Guys in BLUE are all fighting for the same spot so it depends on form and fitness.

B: Hunt - Scarlett - Enright

HB: Milburn - Taylor - Mackie

C: Kelly - Ablett - Corey

HF: Chapman - Mooney - S. Johnson

F: Rooke - Hawkins - Byrnes

R: Ottens - Bartel - Ling

I/T: Blake, Wojinski, Stokes, Varcoe

Emg out of: Gamble/Stokes/Varcoe/Byrnes, Hogan, Gillies, Lonergan, West, Djerrkura and Drum.

Should we stay injury free (no real long term ones and too key players (we all know who) we should go along way because like last year and in 2007 we still have depth to cover most areas, all depends how hungry the boys are..

Selwood?

B: Hunt - Scarlett - Enright (Gillies)

HB: Mackie - Taylor - Kelly (Drum)

C: Corey - Bartel - Selwood (Djerrkura)

HF: Rooke - Mooney - Chapman (Gamble)

F: Johnson - Hawkins - Varcoe (Stokes)

R: Ottens - Ablett - Ling (Hogan, West)

I: Blake - Milburn - Byrnes - Wocjinski (Menzel, Duncan, Christensen(I think atleast one of those will play a few next season))

In () is who can come in if any injuries. Just shows how good our depth is and there is no reason why we cant go all the way in 2010!

FB- Mackie Scarlett Milburn

HB- Enright Taylor Kelly

C- Selwood Ling J Corey

R- Ottens Ablett Bartel

HF- Chapman Mooney Rooke

FF- S Johnson Hawkins M stokes

Int- Gillies Hunt Blake D wojinski

with harley retiring and scarlett in his thirties, i think gillies must play most games next season and be given some big jobs so he is ready to fill in a Key defensive roll once scarlett leaves, will replace harleys position down back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back