Best speccy ever?

Remove this Banner Ad

I saw Michael Mitchell's hang Clermont v Subi. It was a ripper

GIFSoup

michael-mitchell-claremont.html
michael-mitchell-claremont.html

The best part about that mark is he is actually taking steps on the guys back, and takes it well above his head. I'm not sure a ball has been higher when it was actually taken.

Whilst he may not have been as high as Smith - i reckon the ball was.

I can vaguely remember Mitchell taking a screamer in an SA v WA game at the WACA, IIRC he stood on the SA players shoulders on centre wing.

I was there too.

That day I'd managed to get my mate Sam, who hated footy, to go to a game. Except he missed seeing the mark, because he was so bored that he was watching an ant on the ground instead. And then on the way home he lectured me about why people shouldn't get so worked up about the results of sporting contests that they have no control over themselves. Only the gods know why I didn't strangle him with my Lions scarf.

Nothing beats the epicness of "Jesaulenko! You Beauty!"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That Michael Mitchell mark is simply amazing great player too.

At school every time we went for a hang we would scream out his name.

I caught up with a mate of mine the other day and his 2 young sons were calling out his name too when they went for a mark, 23 years later. Kids had never seen the mark until the other day when I showed them.

It's going to take something pretty special to top Shaun Smith's I reckon. Sampi came close.

Most underrated I'd give to Brett Allison's one-on-one hang. Beautiful to watch.

there use to be a footy card collection of the great marks in the history of the game.

one card was of a Port Adelaide player called Brian Luke (IIRC) from around the 50's and it looked very awesome.

935203_10151394271861417_1496527006_n.jpg

This is going around on FB. Apparently, Tim Watkins of Blackburn in Victoria's Eastern Football League soared into the atmosphere on the weekend, and his dad Richard took the photo.

The double speccy! Like!
im not sure if its as high as everyone thinks it is. The defenders with their feet on the ground are leaning at pretty much a 45 degree angle, so their heads are probably about 5 feet high. The markers feet are about level with the defenders heads, yet the markers legs are bent at a 90 degree angle. It looks much higher because of the #26 defender being in the air giving the mark a 3 level height elevation. But realistically, Walkers mark, Jurrahs mark and a few others were probably higher off the ground than this one.

im not sure if its as high as everyone thinks it is. The defenders with their feet on the ground are leaning at pretty much a 45 degree angle, so their heads are probably about 5 feet high. The markers feet are about level with the defenders heads, yet the markers legs are bent at a 90 degree angle. It looks much higher because of the #26 defender being in the air giving the mark a 3 level height elevation. But realistically, Walkers mark, Jurrahs mark and a few others were probably higher off the ground than this one.

How's that engineering degree going champ.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back