Best Steak in Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Vlados has a set menu only - $79. No options/no alterations
Sausage, liver, a chop and brains
A steak w/ coleslaw
Strawberry pancakes

It's a waste of time and money. I could think of 100 better steakhouses/pubs.

year of the roo said:
Also have had some great T-Bone's from Miller's Grill in Caufield(?) a few years ago. Not sure if they are still open.

Unfortunately they have closed down and it is now a pasta/ pizza. Was a pretty good restaurant, if only to look around the walls and see who had been there and left behind some memorabilia.

vlados is good, but as numerous ppl have said expensive! i got full on eating bread at the start of the night, bad move!

squires loft rocks. im going there on friday for my bday, cant wait!!

oh and for a bit of fun, Hogs Breath cafe in hallam i think. Another ones opened up in chadstone today!

If you want steak at a proper restaurant, not a pub or a fat bloke's special only place, trythe Point at Albert Park Lake - all steak is kept in a humidifyer before being cooked, Pure South at Southgate which only serves King Island steak or the wagyu beef main course at taxi - but be warned that one is very expensive.

Not as pricey as the $1200 a kilo Wagyu I saw in Kyoto but exxy by our standard but boy want a beautiful piece of beef. Hmmm think I might do a quick barby now - even though it is 10 to midnight.

peejay said:
If you want steak at a proper restaurant, not a pub or a fat bloke's special only place, trythe Point at Albert Park Lake - all steak is kept in a humidifyer before being cooked,
Understand that the owners of The Point have there own slaughterhouses were they select there best cuts for the restaurant.

I went to the Grill Room just off Queens Rd in South Melbourne - had a blinder of a steak there.

Found out the next day that it was part of the Squires group. Smashing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was prepared to give it a chance despite reputation (alos because of the 20% off we get), but it lived up to it. **** service, **** food, **** all up.

Nic said:
I was prepared to give it a chance despite reputation (alos because of the 20% off we get), but it lived up to it. **** service, **** food, **** all up.

That's odd. We were there on Saturday night. Food was great, service fast and friendly. :confused: We'll be going back. 5 star it ain't, but for what it offers, we felt it delivers.

Contra Mundum said:
Go to Lazar's in Fitzroy instead: equivalent quality at half the price - the Bull's Head and decor of Lazar's is funnier. Lazar himself is a great guy [if a little intense]

Was taken there for my 30th. Very, very good steak. I think Lazar must've served us... The whole service regime was quite theatrical, and yes, he is very intense.

Nic said:
Don't waste your time or money at SteakOut. Ever.
i went there on the behest of a friend - they forgot stuff in the order and the "MEDIUM RARE" porter was a minute steak well well done.

Bluuuuurgh!

hawkeye23 said:
That's odd. We were there on Saturday night. Food was great, service fast and friendly. :confused: We'll be going back. 5 star it ain't, but for what it offers, we felt it delivers.
We waited half an hour for two glasses of water, they forgot our dinners initially (ordered before our friends who rocked up a bit after us, whose meals were all brought out first) so it took forty five minutes for our dinners, and I couldn't substitute veggies for wedges, I would have had to order them extra. That's **** service to me.

PuzzledfromParkville said:
Squires Loft is a goer. Start with a sausage, pork ribs (to share of course), chop and chicken kabab then get a 300 gram steak and don't even bother to look at the chips on the plate as their won't be any room

Other good ones The Emerald and The Olive Tree both in Sth Melbourne

Agree. Squire's Loft is very very good. Been there a few times, and the food is great.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back