Food, Drink & Dining Out Best takeaway food?

Best takeaway food?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

HappyChappy35

Club Legend
Jun 19, 2011
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australian Cricket Team
Thread title is self-explanatory.

Has to be BBQ chicken for me, closely followed by fish & chips. KFC is my least favourite.

Over to you.

Fish & Chips for me.
Johnnys quality fish bar, or Waterford Fish and Chips!

A brilliant take-away pizza is unbeatable. Fish and chips done right is up there though.

I don't like Chinese for the fact that whenever i order a containter of something i get 5% meat, 20% veg, 75% sauce.

From the big fast food giants:
Maccas>>>>KFC>Hungry Jack

But i would rather have Subway, Nandos, Chinese or Pizza (not dominoes).

Thai takeaway, good American pizza (very hard to find) or a decently done grilled fish and chips are my favourites for an average once-a-week takeaway.

However, if you're hungover on a Saturday morning nothing beats a burger with the lot and a can of coke from Andrew's burgers in Albert Park. Busy, but for a reason.

Any suggestions?

I usually just get my takeaway pizzas from a place called Pepe's Pizza on City Road South Melbourne. It's good without being anything to write home about and it's convenient for me.

The best takeaway pizza I've had in Australia came from Geelong at a place called El Toros.

Massive love of westernised Chinese food. Slowly recovering from my long term KFC addiction. Love authentic thai food. Love a good pizza.

McDonalds and Hungry Jacks cggf. Why, oh why, do I keep returning to your filth?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Charcoal chicken and chips for mine. Fish and chips are great if you've got the right fish to chip ratio.

Depends on what is within a 5-10min drive from my joint. I have mcdonalds and kfc only a 5 min drive away, so go to one of them every 3 months-ish. There are Hungry Jacks and Dominos nearby too. Although, I was turned off Hungry Jacks a few years ago, I just get a seedy vibe about the place, to the point where I cant eat their food.

But it's definitly chinese for me, followed by fish and chips. I lived near a filipino takeaway for a while in Melbourne, got takeaway from there like 4 nights a week. Fish and chips are great, but you do feel guilty if you eat it alone. The scarcity of fish n chips stores in Canberra is the no.1 issue with the capital.

Subway is the one I have most often though. When out, it's a cheap, non-guilty lunch. Luckily, im a short walk from Manuka, so lots of great dining out options.

Fish and chips is the only one where I don't mind feeling like a fat bloated pig afterwards. I love a good pizza, but the anticipation I have before a fish and chip meal I've been building up towards makes me restless.

I love indian. A good butter chicken and some rice and a naan bread, aw yeah!

Oh and grill'd. Still love it.

I usually just get my takeaway pizzas from a place called Pepe's Pizza on City Road South Melbourne. It's good without being anything to write home about and it's convenient for me.

The best takeaway pizza I've had in Australia came from Geelong at a place called El Toros.
You are a wise man. El Toros is the best pizza i've had anywhere, hands down. It's amazing.

Pizza is the best and most healthy people just eat too much of it, have a couple of slices with a side of salad and you get the majority of what you need dairy, bread, meat, veggies. If you're living cheap it can be good for that.

Pizza is the best and most healthy people just eat too much of it, have a couple of slices with a side of salad and you get the majority of what you need dairy, bread, meat, veggies. If you're living cheap it can be good for that.

Depends on the topping, but usually they are extremely high in sodium though.

Not a criticism, but I think it's interesting how you have differentiated Subway from The McDonalds, HJ end of the fast food spectrum. For mine I consider Subway to very much in the same category as them and it is a triumph of marketing on their behalf that they are not lumped in with the other fast food chains.
FFWIW, best take away in Adelaide would have to be Savvas Yiros on Unley Road.

You are a wise man. El Toros is the best pizza i've had anywhere, hands down. It's amazing.

Yeah El Toros is good, there are quite a few really good pizza joints in Geelong (Town and Country, Boundary Rd pizza for those in the East is really good too IMO).
To answer the OP fish and chips or pizza (very occasionally) for me, I HATE having to get something quickly and picking up KFC or maccas (both very close to me) and feeling like s**t when I wake up the next morning.

Back