Opinion Best team 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

During the first quarter I'm pretty sure I read comments wanting Rohan & Jnr Guthrie dropped

Some players seem to be afforded leeway to have a slow/slower start to a match without receiving criticism, while others are on the receiving end after the first mistake
Maybe this is where more of the Rohan dropped comments came, game day thread when he missed the early shot (I wasn't in there at the time). I take anything I read in there during the game with 12 large helpings of salt though.

I've checked the last couple pages (as this seemed an impressive statement!) and 13 out of 17 had him in the QF side. Let's not exaggerate.

It is true that recently Rohan has hit form and this has swayed opinions of late. I do not have the time to add his likes and dislikes but this is my impression over a period of time.

Never performing in finals was the main criticism about him.

I always liked him because he gives us another dimension. Same sort of thing on comments about Z Guthrie. All the rage now and useless 2 months ago.

THE MAIN THING IS HE IS DELIVERING IN SPADES. GO ROHAN

Rohan should still be in the side even if he didn't have a great game (like he did) for mine.

Kicking three goals is cherry on top stuff and shouldn't sway the people that think he shouldn't be in the 22... Because it's pretty unlikely he will have a game like that again in this finals series (although we clearly hope he does).

If you think he shouldn't be in the side, stick to your guns and don't flip on a couple of nice plays by him.

We have all seen him enough to know what he offers to the side.

He could have an average game (stats and scoreboard wise) and along as him playing his role contributing to us winning, I wouldn't switch up on him.

Stick to your guns... you either want him in or you don't... Because chances are he will have less than 10 touches next week in the prelim and lots of people will turn on him.

Rohan should still be in the side even if he didn't have a great game (like he did) for mine.

Kicking three goals is cherry on top stuff and shouldn't sway the people that think he shouldn't be in the 22... Because it's pretty unlikely he will have a game like that again in this finals series (although we clearly hope he does).

If you think he shouldn't be in the side, stick to your guns and don't flip on a couple of nice plays by him.

We have all seen him enough to know what he offers to the side.

He could have an average game (stats and scoreboard wise) and along as him playing his role contributing to us winning, I wouldn't switch up on him.

Stick to your guns... you either want him in or you don't... Because chances are he will have less than 10 touches next week in the prelim and lots of people will turn on him.
It's all starting to feel a bit Strawman with Rohan now. There's been a (noisy) minority who've brought up the finals thing. The vast majority want him in the team as they always have. Case closed. Why turn a positive into something antagonistic?

I'm less harsh this year in particular about people's suggestions for who might miss out on the 22. Because this year for the first time we actually have a best 26. In previous seasons it's felt like we have a best 19 and then 3 spots for a lucky dip.

I feel embarrassed enough that I still suggested it may be Zuthrie who got pushed out. As I didn't see Miers or Rohan being dropped and the Parfitt exclusion came as a bit of a shock.

Similar issues this week, even if Kolo doesn't make it. Good problem to have, it means for the first time in ages we have a deep squad of quality.

I feel embarrassed enough that I still suggested it may be Zuthrie who got pushed out. As I didn't see Miers or Rohan being dropped and the Parfitt exclusion came as a bit of a shock.

Similar issues this week, even if Kolo doesn't make it. Good problem to have, it means for the first time in ages we have a deep squad of quality.
I was with you on Zuthrie maybe being the unlucky one.

Next week he very well might be straight back in due to the opposition.

As much as I think Kolo is a slow dopey blonk... I was always expecting him to play if fit.

The issue with Kolo heading into a prem "if" passed fit is that he basically hasn't played a game since r22 (due to two very early sub-outs).

A non 100% firing Kolo coming off some concussions, a knee injury, and not playing out a game for over a month could be a recipe for disaster.

In MC we truss to make the correct call... We can go back and forth as much as we like to pass the time but the MC know what structures they want and they also know the fitness levels of the players more than we all do. Hard to see Kolo come into a cutthroat prelim and get the job done under his circumstances.

One thing I don't love is Danger not starting in the guts... But we will see if that changes with different matchups.

I was with you on Zuthrie maybe being the unlucky one.

Next week he very well might be straight back in due to the opposition.

As much as I think Kolo is a slow dopey blonk... I was always expecting him to play if fit.

The issue with Kolo heading into a prem "if" passed fit is that he basically hasn't played a game since r22 (due to two very early sub-outs).

A non 100% firing Kolo coming off some concussions, a knee injury, and not playing out a game for over a month could be a recipe for disaster.

In MC we truss to make the correct call... We can go back and forth as much as we like to pass the time but the MC know what structures they want and they also know the fitness levels of the players more than we all do. Hard to see Kolo come into a cutthroat prelim and get the job done under his circumstances.

One thing I don't love is Danger not starting in the guts... But we will see if that changes with different matchups.
Agreed. It's a shame because I've always wanted Kolo to do well and he's been very reliable this year, but bad luck has hit him at the wrong time. I thought the lack of match sharpness affected him as it was early in the Pies game and then he missed most of that.

Henry seemed lacking in confidence a little but I think we simplify his role into a Kolo-like shutdown one. We know Zuthrie is performing that intercepting rebound role well anyway.

Raffle off Parfitt and MOC for last spot and sub. I'd slightly favour Parfitt's grunt and defensive pressure, then add Mark's legs later if there's an injury.

It's all starting to feel a bit Strawman with Rohan now. There's been a (noisy) minority who've brought up the finals thing. The vast majority want him in the team as they always have. Case closed. Why turn a positive into something antagonistic?

I'm less harsh this year in particular about people's suggestions for who might miss out on the 22. Because this year for the first time we actually have a best 26. In previous seasons it's felt like we have a best 19 and then 3 spots for a lucky dip.

Zuth is not getting dropped

Parfitt offers an inside grunt which we miss without him in the side.
His disposal could improve however this is overshadowed by his other attributes.
Hard at the ball, a tackling beast and has a never say die attitude.
He should be in the starting 22.
He should be but I don't know where. Probably sub

Remove this Banner Ad

Back