B. C Johnson Rance Grimes
HB McKenna Grant Bartel
C Bontompelli Fyfe Kouta
HF Cousins Pavlich Richardson
F S Johnson Lloyd Akermanis
Foll Gawn Dangerfield Swan
I/C J Brown B Johnson G Hocking Black
Emerg: West Sandilands Selwood Gray
I’m re-jigging my top 100 players at the moment and I’m toying with the idea of having Maxy Gawn higher than Cox. I’ve only got Madden, Cox and Salmon as rucks in my top 100 (Salmon is not the 3rd or 4th best ruck I’ve seen though as he is in there as much for his forward craft). This year Gawn enters that list and it will be with a rocket after leading his team to a premiership and might make my second XXII now.

I like your team. Not much I’d change. Pav already made the 2nd XXII, so I’d change that. Tredrea in perhaps. Pendlebury, Bradley, T Daniher, Schimma, Platten, Greig, P Kelly, Dougie Hawkins, Kennedy (Syd), Tuck and S Burgoyne would all be in the mix.

Maybe T Daniher for Grimes as he could play both ends and Greig for Kouta would be the only definite changes looking at this. And seeing as you’ve already acknowledged not including 80s players it’s hard to disagree with your selections (Grimes a bit of a stretch maybe when a blokes like Lake, Morris, Leppitsch, C Cornes, and even Geelong’s Stewart are overlooked if you’re keen on having the 3rd tall that is. I’d personally put Burgoyne in there from recent times and have just the 2 talls).

Last edited:

RichLeMonde

Club Legend
Sep 26, 2019
Sydney
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Celtics
I’m re-jigging my top 100 players at the moment and I’m toying with the idea of having Maxy Gawn higher than Cox. I’ve only got Madden, Cox and Salmon as rucks in my top 100 (Salmon is not the 3rd or 4th best ruck I’ve seen though as he is in there as much for his forward craft). This year Gawn enters that list and it will be with a rocket after leading his team to a premiership and might make my second XXII now.

I like your team. Not much I’d change. Pav already made the 2nd XXII, so I’d change that. Tredrea in perhaps. Pendlebury, Bradley, T Daniher, Schimma, Platten, Greig, P Kelly, Dougie Hawkins, Kennedy (Syd), Tuck and S Burgoyne would all be in the mix.

Maybe T Daniher for Grimes as he could play both ends and Greig for Kouta would be the only definite changes looking at this. And seeing as you’ve already acknowledged not including 80s players it’s hard to disagree with your selections (Grimes a bit of a stretch maybe when a blokes like Lake, Morris, Leppitsch, C Cornes, and even Geelong’s Stewart are overlooked if you’re keen on having the 3rd tall that is. I’d personally put Burgoyne in there from recent times and have just the 2 talls).
I’d probably go Brown to CHF and add Loewe to the bench rather than Tredders because I don’t have a second ruck.

yeah competition for mid spots is pretty tight - hard to argue too strongly for any one over another out of the players you listed and my bench and emergency guys.

I picked Grimes as a back pocket because of his versatility. Not saying he is a better pure full back than Lake or Leppitsch but I’m not sure those guys could have had Charlie Cameron as a bunny the way Grimes has. Cornes was a more accomplished player and better all round player but if I’m purely picking a back pocket for a real game I’d still probably pick Grimes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad