Moved Thread Best term to refer to Essendon's 2012-2016 scandal?

Aug 6, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Since history is written by the winners, or in our case the tyrannical dictatorship of the AFL, I've noticed a habit of 'Supplements Saga' creeping in whenever it is necessary to refer to that point in AFL/Essendon history.

People should be allowed to use whatever language they like. What should that period in time be referred to as?

I'd like to see a bit of a grassroots agreement to use whatever term a majority of the people feel is accurate in order to circumvent the AFL's mind-wash narrative.

What should it be called?

In reality they doped for a year. It’s just that they were such deluded campaigners and the AFL has no integrity that it dragged out for 4 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sockeye

Team Captain
Aug 13, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
As an Essendon supporter I really want to move on from the saga and enjoy afl like I used to but it is very difficult when McLachlan is the Boss of the AFL. Look at this week with his sense of entitlement. Get the game back from the silver spoons and return it to the people. I know many other people who feel the same way. Who appoints him and how do we campaign for his removal?

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Since history is written by the winners, or in our case the tyrannical dictatorship of the AFL, I've noticed a habit of 'Supplements Saga' creeping in whenever it is necessary to refer to that point in AFL/Essendon history.

People should be allowed to use whatever language they like. What should that period in time be referred to as?

I'd like to see a bit of a grassroots agreement to use whatever term a majority of the people feel is accurate in order to circumvent the AFL's mind-wash narrative.

Why bring this up? It’s old news and all these threads do is act to drag the MB to the level of the bay. It’ll start a rubbish bitch fight. Post something relevant if you’re going to start a thread. This topic has been kicked to the other end of town.

Aug 6, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Why bring this up? It’s old news and all these threads do is act to drag the MB to the level of the bay. It’ll start a rubbish bitch fight. Post something relevant if you’re going to start a thread. This topic has been kicked to the other end of town.

Because it's sufficiently distant enough in time to be relegated to history now.

sprockets

Cancelled
Crime Board Sleuth BeanCoiNFT Investor
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond

So people should be able to say what they like, as long as the majority agrees. Ok.

Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon

Wake up to yourself son and don’t be an idiot all your life.

Jun 9, 2007
un
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
The Witch Hunt Saga works well. The Scapegoating Saga too. How about The No Positive Sample Saga? Or the Heavily Edited-To-Suit Interim Report Saga? Maybe the No Privacy Rights Saga? I actually quite like the Guilty Until Proven Innocent Saga.

How about we just get rid of this atrocious thread altogether?

Aug 6, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Doping scandal/saga

That’s what it was. They took PED’s and were busted by WADA. Calling it a “supplements” saga is just fake news.

Saga beats Scandal, due to the length of time.

But I can't decide between Doping and Drugs. The word "drugs" has a more negative connotation befitting the action, but "doping" is more accurate. PEDs is a little less accurate I believe, because they were using research chemicals weren't they? So they didn't trigger a positive test for a known definitive performance enhancer.

Therefore, "The Essendon Doping Saga" is probably how I think it should correctly be referred to if necessary.

Back