Moved Thread Best term to refer to Essendon's 2012-2016 scandal?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I seem to recall hearing that. And you're right that they probably trusted their doctors as well, though yes it will be hard for us to know how complicit (or deliberately guilty) the players were. May have been a bit of a "they said it was ok, i don't want to know anything else", hmmm.

yaco55 this is a more reasonable response without playing the man and not the ball, you may learn something here.

I suggest you refer to post 134 which lays out the key details referring to Doping Control Forms.

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
FWIW I would have absolutely toed the line if i was a young player

I think for many of the players, this is where it starts and ends. There's generally a culture of not questioning things in team sports; just do what you're told, play your role, etc...

Could / is education around anti-doping better now? I'd hope so. And I hope young players feel more able to ask questions, or find outside help, than they have in the past.

Unfortunately, much of the WADA code is written for individual sports, not team sports, so you end up with scenarios like Juventus basically getting away with murder, or NFL clubs not even bothering.

david addison

Team Captain
Feb 3, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
I can do mind control just as well as Triple M. Here's what you need to know right now. The Bombers scandal and the latest horse racing scandal emerged at a time when politicians were caught visiting cat houses, and when the banking royal commission was concluding, respectively. And if you think any of that is a coincidence, keep watching Married At First Sight, because that's just where they want you, in front of your TV getting stupider & stupider. Why do you think gov'ts give so much money to stadium development? They don't give a * about sport, except that it's a distraction for us 6 months of the year, if not 12. They could have raided Weir any time in the last 3 years, and you know Demetriou knew what was happening inside the Hangar long before the s**t hit the fan. Why not refer to Essendon's drug scandal as 'The Latest Distraction'. I'd rather see crooked politicians and banksters in prison than cleaning up the Essendon Football Club. But no. Look over here, it's a sport scandal. Look over there, animal cruelty. Ever feel like you're being had. Have you seen Truman Show? Here's what you need to know right now. The guy on Married At First Sight is a virgin. That's right. A Virgin! 2 million people found this fascinating. Bad enough that Channel 9 copied this marketing ploy from the US Bachelor, who also confessed virginity. The latest distraction. While the French protest, we watch Married at First Sight. Did you know the Yellow Vest protests were in Zimbabwe as well, but they had trouble mobilizing because the govt switched off the internet. For weeks the people of Zimbabwe had no internet and didn't know why. Eventually their provider confessed that the gov't made them shut it down. This is pretty big news I would have thought, but no. Here's what you need to know right now - Ollie Wines hurt himself waterskiing. Does 'supplements' sound tame? How about 'jiggers'. Wouldn't 'electrocution' be more apt? Haven't heard that word used yet. It took a few years for the phrase 'injection program' to emerge, so maybe I just need to wait. Here's what you need to know right now. The police raid on Weir's property was revealed on the Herald Sun website the night before it happened. He knew they were coming, but he leaves jiggers in his bedroom? What am I missing? A few days ago a woman phoned Whateley's show to describe the process of electrocuting a horse while screaming in it's ear and rubbing the back of it's neck. The woman was sobbing, and it was reminiscent of the famous Triple M call by the mother of a Bombers player. A lot of similarities between the two scandals, but one huge difference. One lasted 4 years, the other lasted 7 days. Seven days. If that's not a red flag, I don't know what to tell you. Michael Vick must be thinking WTF. Weir is like those people who work in nursing homes too long and end up bashing the residents. Now Currie gets caught doing the same thing. Who's next? Here's what you need to know right now. All animals run in fear. Animal gambling = torture. Stop it. Dr. Turf is so exasperated with the rampant dog ownership in his neighborhood, that he pondered 'do you get a free dog with your rates notice these days?' That's a pretty funny joke, but a better question would be 'do journalists get free horse ownership with their accreditation?' Stunning how many sports scribes and commentators have a financial interest in horse racing. It's not helpful. What would you call the Essendon drug scandal? How about convenient.

I can do mind control just as well as Triple M. Here's what you need to know right now. The Bombers scandal and the latest horse racing scandal emerged at a time when politicians were caught visiting cat houses, and when the banking royal commission was concluding, respectively. And if you think any of that is a coincidence, keep watching Married At First Sight, because that's just where they want you, in front of your TV getting stupider & stupider. Why do you think gov'ts give so much money to stadium development? They don't give a **** about sport, except that it's a distraction for us 6 months of the year, if not 12. They could have raided Weir any time in the last 3 years, and you know Demetriou knew what was happening inside the Hangar long before the s**t hit the fan. Why not refer to Essendon's drug scandal as 'The Latest Distraction'. I'd rather see crooked politicians and banksters in prison than cleaning up the Essendon Football Club. But no. Look over here, it's a sport scandal. Look over there, animal cruelty. Ever feel like you're being had. Have you seen Truman Show? Here's what you need to know right now. The guy on Married At First Sight is a virgin. That's right. A Virgin! 2 million people found this fascinating. Bad enough that Channel 9 copied this marketing ploy from the US Bachelor, who also confessed virginity. The latest distraction. While the French protest, we watch Married at First Sight. Did you know the Yellow Vest protests were in Zimbabwe as well, but they had trouble mobilizing because the govt switched off the internet. For weeks the people of Zimbabwe had no internet and didn't know why. Eventually their provider confessed that the gov't made them shut it down. This is pretty big news I would have thought, but no. Here's what you need to know right now - Ollie Wines hurt himself waterskiing. Does 'supplements' sound tame? How about 'jiggers'. Wouldn't 'electrocution' be more apt? Haven't heard that word used yet. It took a few years for the phrase 'injection program' to emerge, so maybe I just need to wait. Here's what you need to know right now. The police raid on Weir's property was revealed on the Herald Sun website the night before it happened. He knew they were coming, but he leaves jiggers in his bedroom? What am I missing? A few days ago a woman phoned Whateley's show to describe the process of electrocuting a horse while screaming in it's ear and rubbing the back of it's neck. The woman was sobbing, and it was reminiscent of the famous Triple M call by the mother of a Bombers player. A lot of similarities between the two scandals, but one huge difference. One lasted 4 years, the other lasted 7 days. Seven days. If that's not a red flag, I don't know what to tell you. Michael Vick must be thinking WTF. Weir is like those people who work in nursing homes too long and end up bashing the residents. Now Currie gets caught doing the same thing. Who's next? Here's what you need to know right now. All animals run in fear. Animal gambling = torture. Stop it. Dr. Turf is so exasperated with the rampant dog ownership in his neighborhood, that he pondered 'do you get a free dog with your rates notice these days?' That's a pretty funny joke, but a better question would be 'do journalists get free horse ownership with their accreditation?' Stunning how many sports scribes and commentators have a financial interest in horse racing. It's not helpful. What would you call the Essendon drug scandal? How about convenient.

Stop smoking so many bongs and learn about punctuation.

No positive tests, no real evidence of drugs on the premises, no idea who took what. The complete opposite of what occurred with Russian Olympic athletes.

Result from WADA : Essendon = guilty, Russia = nothing to see here.

Aussie in exile

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 21, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
No positive tests, no real evidence of drugs on the premises, no idea who took what. The complete opposite of what occurred with Russian Olympic athletes.

No records of drugs given to players and players admit to being given peds. Players don't know what they were given.
If only the Bombers had kept records as do what the players were given they might have been found innocent.
Now the question is why wasn't the the records kept?

No records of drugs given to players and players admit to being given peds. Players don't know what they were given.
If only the Bombers had kept records as do what the players were given they might have been found innocent.
Now the question is why wasn't the the records kept?

Yeah certainly right to ask that question. Stupidity all round by the club no doubt.

But I just remember that Colbert guy on radio comparing it to Olympics but I can’t remember an Olympian or cyclist banned for that length of time with no positive test, no whistleblower, can’t even tell who got what.

Wrong on a few counts. Maybe you should read the actual document which saw Essendon guilty. And it still blows my mind at the lack of outrage that there was no records kept. It’s such a human rights violation. But hey, we got a game of footy to win right?

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So players sourced them (some supplements) and other clubs had supplements programs compared to the rampant experimental environment that was the EFC. You can’t even compare the two. Have you ever even read the findings?

Yeah I have. Seriously if an Olympian or a well known team from one of world to leagues was outed on that there would have been outrage. Even more incredible WADA closed their eyes on Russia.

Yeah I have. Seriously if an Olympian or a well known team from one of world to leagues was outed on that there would have been outrage. Even more incredible WADA closed their eyes on Russia.

The world laughed at the AFL for the backwater, boys club it was and still is. We got exposed as a sporting entity. I want you know that i am as angry at the heirachy as i am at the EFC. I mean seriously, how is Gillian McLachlin running the comp?
The bombers got done as they should have. But, what really annoys me is i would just like to move on as many others would (like Essendon people as well i’m sure) and still the EFC through Sheedy and the AFL want to ram Hird down our throats. Everyone needs to move on. Hird needs to on. It’s that simple.

Aussie in exile

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 21, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Unfortunately the Essendon saga will haunt the game as a whole for a few more years yet.
I can tell you as someone who lives overseas that we are seen as a sport that is drug friendly and prefers money over player welfare. Anybody who thinks that the AFL brought in the 3 strike drug rule for players welfare are deluded. It was brought in to protect the AFL brand and sweep the games drug problems under the rug.

Mr Brown

Rookie
Oct 21, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Unfortunately the Essendon saga will haunt the game as a whole for a few more years yet.
I can tell you as someone who lives overseas that we are seen as a sport that is drug friendly and prefers money over player welfare. Anybody who thinks that the AFL brought in the 3 strike drug rule for players welfare are deluded. It was brought in to protect the AFL brand and sweep the games drug problems under the rug.

Lol a drug friendly sport in comparison to what?

Baseball? Cycling? The Olympics? The NFL who have their own policy? please tell me.

Haunting the game how? record crowd numbers and a healtheir competition than ever before?

You live overseas so you somehow have been blessed with the understanding of the collective sporting worlds opinion on our league?

What a silly thing to say in such absolute terms.

The end consumer across all sports has generally shown that they care little about performance enhancers by continuing to consume the content and entertainment that it provides in record breaking numbers and participation.

Hawk Dork

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Zombie Lover BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 9, 2005
on the road to nowhere
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
iu

The world laughed at the AFL for the backwater, boys club it was and still is. We got exposed as a sporting entity. I want you know that i am as angry at the heirachy as i am at the EFC. I mean seriously, how is Gillian McLachlin running the comp?
The bombers got done as they should have. But, what really annoys me is i would just like to move on as many others would (like Essendon people as well i’m sure) and still the EFC through Sheedy and the AFL want to ram Hird down our throats. Everyone needs to move on. Hird needs to on. It’s that simple.

haha, have a look at yourself.

Many of the major codes in the world manage their drugs issues in house. None of them give a single s**t about AFL in order to laugh at it.

Secondly who is "ramming" Hird down your throat? What 2 or 3 articles because he didn't exactly say he would never coach again. have a lend mate? rofl.

haha, have a look at yourself.

Many of the major codes in the world manage their drugs issues in house. None of them give a single s**t about AFL in order to laugh at it.

Secondly who is "ramming" Hird down your throat? What 2 or 3 articles because he didn't exactly say he would never coach again. have a lend mate? rofl.

Dude, your name is “Hirdstheword” don’t waste my time with your blinkered, coolaid s**t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude, your name is “Hirdstheword” don’t waste my time with your blinkered, coolaid s**t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes a username from 2014 means i drink coolaid :drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk:

return me one thing that i have posted that would show i am wearing rose tinted glasses - all i did was call you out on your shitful post, as it was quite factually shitful.

id suggest your the one guzzling something of your own making....

Back