Best Test innings you can remember

Remove this Banner Ad

Shocking quality but that's them.

Whilst it wasn't particularly enjoyable (and the bowling for a considerable portion of it was awful), for sheer test batsmanship Alistair Cook throughout the 2010 Ashes series in Australia was top notch. Just an absolute masterclass in patience and application that is rarely witnessed.

Whilst it wasn't particularly enjoyable (and the bowling for a considerable portion of it was awful), for sheer test batsmanship Alistair Cook throughout the 2010 Ashes series in Australia was top notch. Just an absolute masterclass in patience and application that is rarely witnessed.
It was 18 months of top notch batting. He really played some quality cricket. But before that he was lucky he didn't get dropped

DeVilliers 43 off about 360 balls vs India recently is great for reasons not usually thought of.
Mike Whitney blocking out the last over at the MCG 1987 against Richard Hadlee. That was the best innings ever. Partnership survived 30 balls with Craig McDermott.

To me Cook did great that series but that wasn't even close to what he did in India in 2012. That series was just sheer amazing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tendulkars ton against in Perth when he was 18 had greatness stamped all over it, the 248 against us at the SCG where he didn't play a cover drive in that innings was up there.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I was lucky enough to watch a lot of Sangakara's 192 in Hobart. We had bush fires at the time and the ground was covered in smoke. He made a good Aus attack look second rate and was robbed of a double tonne with a shocking call off his helmet! probably the only time I have been really pissed with an Aussie wicket.

In the 2nd Supertest of the 1977/78 WSC series between Australia and the World XI at Gloucester Park in Perth, the first three batsmen of the World XI scored these runs. And very handy players too:

Barry Richards 207
Gordon Greenidge 140
Viv Richards 177

And don't forget the partnership between B.Richards and V.Richards, which was awesome to watch. So much so, the late Tony Cozier said on air, 'Barry Richards is the one in the helmet.'

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Adam Gilchrist- 104 first test in India in the 2004 series. I'm sure he captained the first 3 games and we were without Ponting for those tests. Clarkes 150 on debut might have been this game too?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back