best unpaid players is

Remove this Banner Ad

cunningham15

Rookie
Mar 18, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
just wondering who people think are the best unpaid players are in the comp, as there are becoming few and fewer every year.

King Kieran

Team Captain
Jan 6, 2007
Country Vic
AFL Club
Carlton
Tav Perry
Steve Rass
Tom Butterworth
And I not sure but in his prime i doubt Shaun Huggard would have been paid much at Ardy, he deserves a mention.

mainland

Senior List
Nov 23, 2005
Mainland
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Mainland
Tav Perry
Steve Rass
Tom Butterworth
And I not sure but in his prime i doubt Shaun Huggard would have been paid much at Ardy, he deserves a mention.

No B.Gray in there King y that?? Would rate him best non paid player and better than 99% of paid players actually struggle to think of a better paid player.

On The Money

All Australian
Dec 9, 2005
Palm Beach
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bulldogs
Appears to merely a guessing game as not many people would be privy to $$$ is getting exchanged from club to club. I'm tipping a few guys already named would be paid players. My vote would be Stanhope's Matt Trist and Emu Gahn from Girgarre was a pearler for the Roos at the rightprice in his hey day from what I'm led to believe!!

hank1

Premiership Player
Dec 30, 2004
Stanhope
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tongala
Appears to merely a guessing game as not many people would be privy to $$$ is getting exchanged from club to club. I'm tipping a few guys already named would be paid players. My vote would be Stanhope's Matt Trist and Emu Gahn from Girgarre was a pearler for the Roos at the rightprice in his hey day from what I'm led to believe!!

A good question, but yes just a guessing game here, some mentioned are definately on money, probably not anywhere near what they could be, but nevertheless money all the same.

On The Money

All Australian
Dec 9, 2005
Palm Beach
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bulldogs
A good question, but yes just a guessing game here, some mentioned are definately on money, probably not anywhere near what they could be, but nevertheless money all the same.

yep and nothing wrong with getting paid to play footy either it's a big committment and virtually a part time job for those taking it seriously.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

King Kieran

Team Captain
Jan 6, 2007
Country Vic
AFL Club
Carlton
No B.Gray in there King y that?? Would rate him best non paid player and better than 99% of paid players actually struggle to think of a better paid player.
I left him out cos i hate Stanhope, but Hooda is a gun, and its hard to believe hes not paid, he should be! He does deserve to be in the best non paid players, well hes been the best player in the kdfl since he returned to Stanhope.

Albo's opinion

Team Captain
Jul 4, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Avenel
Steff potts, Subba Arandt and Jed Smith from Avenel
Steff would have to be close, maybe not now but a few years ago he wasnt getting paid and he was tearing it up. Great servant of the club

Doona2

Cancelled
Mar 1, 2005
Kilmore
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Kilmore, Broadford, Yea, Calder
Steff potts, Subba Arandt and Jed Smith from Avenel
Steff would have to be close, maybe not now but a few years ago he wasnt getting paid and he was tearing it up. Great servant of the club

Would Subba really qualify for this topic albo's? but agree if Stef in his day and Jed don't get paid they should be added to the mix :thumbsu:

Albo's opinion

Team Captain
Jul 4, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Avenel
Would Subba really qualify for this topic albo's? but agree if Stef in his day and Jed don't get paid they should be added to the mix :thumbsu:
Sorry i only know that he wasn't paid previously. Wasn't aware of the change in situation:eek: Not in the know bout these things. Both sub and jed turned down lucrative offers prior to season '06 so that they could play for avenel for nothing.

Doona2

Cancelled
Mar 1, 2005
Kilmore
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Kilmore, Broadford, Yea, Calder
Sorry i only know that he wasn't paid previously. Wasn't aware of the change in situation:eek: Not in the know bout these things. Both sub and jed turned down lucrative offers prior to season '06 so that they could play for avenel for nothing.

Hope you're only referring to Jed :p

cosby

All Australian
Oct 3, 2005
the Ponds
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
Not saying they are the best, but I could list 97% of Lancasters senior team as being unpaid.
Although I would have to say, some players who I know have rbeen unpaid in the past like Andrew Thomas, Michael Pell, Corey Carver, Andrew Parsons, Jason Moon, Stephen Grills etc could be classed as some of the better players in the league from the last 10 or so years.

GrassKat

Spec Moderator
Dec 15, 2006
Toolamba
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Murchison-Toolamba FNC
How about making it the best guy in your seniors that played 3rds for your club also? Cos I am guessing you are looking for your best home grown talent?

Jun 17, 2007
With Strauchanie
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
tiges
just out of interest how much are u on a week hank? i no it's a personal question and don't worry if you would rather not say but just thought ur pay would be interesting to look at considering the work u put in around the tonny club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back