Best VPN to use - Need Help

Remove this Banner Ad

TradeDraft

Premium Platinum
Oct 18, 2009
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
Collingwood
Well I do but I couldn't tell you whether it would be the same for you. I tried a couple of other services and this was the fastest by a fair way. Maybe pay for a month which is about $7 in USD and see if it works for you.
That might not be a bad Idea. Try it for a Month and See IF it’s good for what Connection I have.

They are pretty cheap and about $20 then my Seedbox I have

Hate

scumbagg
Jul 18, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton, East Side Hawks
Thought I'd give this a bump as data retention has kicked in.

What VPN is everyone still using and recommends? I'm still with PIA.

dav3

Brownlow Medallist
May 1, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I dunno about PIA, never used them before but a VPN site that claims "Your private information is exposed" by posting up some basic info any webpage can get, like it's some kind of major security breach is a little questionable.

BornPort

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 24, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I dunno about PIA, never used them before but a VPN site that claims "Your private information is exposed" by posting up some basic info any webpage can get, like it's some kind of major security breach is a little questionable.
It's reasonably cheap, it's probably the most popular, they don't keep logs, they have a really good spread of servers around the world and I personally get pretty good speeds compared to the other ones I've tried. But if you're going to use a VPN then go with one you feel comfortable with.

ep2018

Bigfooty Pessimist
Sep 16, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
PIA is as slow as dog sh*t. Otherwise I would use it. I pay $90 a year for ExpressVPN. Pricey but can be used to stream US Netflix without delay as a bonus. Doesn't affect speed much at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jimmy Yamazaki

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Agree - IF that Passes PIA will be gone inside a year.

Shows that there is no such thing as Privacy on the Internet.

IF It passes that law will Spread like Wild Fire in the Western World
I wouldn't be betting my privacy on an IF... Especially if you're doing more illegal things with your VPN.

Jimmy Yamazaki

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Last edited:

TradeDraft

Premium Platinum
Oct 18, 2009
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
Collingwood

MagpieJoel

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 5, 2002
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
I know this is an old thread, but I've just seen it (haven't read the entire thing yet), but people really need to learn the difference between an VPN and smart dns.

Also those that mentioned Hola. Do not use! I'd suggest people also do some reading as to why it's suggested that people don't use it.

Hawk Dork

Hall of Famer
Feb 9, 2005
on the road to nowhere
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
Paris is being used to justify agendas that had nothing to do with the attack
Banning encryption is one of them

The entire encryption subject became a shiny scapegoat while the truth slowly trickled in: as of Tuesday, it was clear that American and/or French intelligence agencies had seven of the eight identified attackers on their radar prior to the attacks. The attackers used Facebook to communicate. The one phone found on the scene showed the terrorists had coordinated over unencrypted SMS text messages – just about the easiest form of communication to wiretap that exists today. (The supposed ringleader even did an interview in Isis’s English magazine in February bragging that he was already in Europe ready to attack.)
http://www.theguardian.com/commenti...al-agenda-immigration-encryption-surveillence

Remove this Banner Ad