Autopsy Best vs Western Bulldogs and changes for Adelaide

Best vs Dogs

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw Dreamtime is locked in for Sat night May 21. Sydney play their game the night before.

The following week we play Sydney on a Friday, so we get a 6-day break, Swans the 7 days.

Why is it that we keep getting fixtures against teams with a better rest?
It’s one day extra and 6 days in more than ample for our boys
It’s not like we are looking at a 3 or 4 day turn around

My bigger gripe with the fixture is that the afl put Adelaide V Saints the same time as dream time on a Saturday night

Hurts the clubs going against one of the biggest fixtures of the year and means less neutral fans can tune into another game over the weekend

Not sure anyone can run with Langdon at the moment. The guy is a freak and regularly plays 100% of game time. Doesn't like the tough stuff though so maybe Pickett can smash him a few times.
Yes. Langdon is an elite player.
Elite of the elites.
I noticed he emerged in the first half of last year, running as a carrier from the half-back flank.
If I was to boil down Melbourne to three players to curb, it would be him Trac and Oliver, because they are the suppliers.

Bring both Vlastuin & Lambert back I say, play them against Adelaide, get a game into them and see where they're at? I'd rather find this out against the Crows than Melbourne. With the outs if it was me I'd rest Gibcus and make Edwards Sub

Bring both Vlastuin & Lambert back I say, play them against Adelaide, get a game into them and see where they're at? I'd rather find this out against the Crows than Melbourne. With the outs if it was me I'd rest Gibcus and make Edwards Sub
This

Spot on. They missed a few they should have kicked, but I'd love to see the scoring map and expected score adjusted for the difficulty of the shot and skill of the player taking the shot. On this basis, I think Richmond wins the game. We were simply more efficient going inside 50. That connection between mid and forward is what wins games. See the WCE vs Collingwood as an example.

A guy on the dogs board does a really good analysis and I think, based off of historic accuracy from the kicking spot, it showed them losing by a couple of points if both sides kicked par.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A guy on the dogs board does a really good analysis and I think, based off of historic accuracy from the kicking spot, it showed them losing by a couple of points if both sides kicked par.

Don’t give him too much credit … this ‘expected score’ is published in the Herald Sun in the stats section for every game … and correct, it had us winning by 2 points. However, it is hard to assess as of course a goal instead of a point brings the ball back to the middle as opposed to being locked in defence for extended periods where multiple points may be kicked.

Interestingly the Pies v Eagles expected score said the Pies should have won by about 6-goals.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, what we have to remember is that Shai’s goal of the year and Jack’s torp would both be no goals.
Don’t give him too much credit … this ‘expected score’ is published in the Herald Sun in the stats section for every game … and correct, it had us winning by 2 points. However, it is hard to assess as of course a goal instead of a point brings the ball back to the middle as opposed to being locked in defence for extended periods where multiple points may be kicked.

Interestingly the Pies v Eagles expected score said the Pies should have won by about 6-goals.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
That’s what people always forget: kick a goal instead of a point and the course of history is different.

Could be massively different.

Yeah, what we have to remember is that Shai’s goal of the year and Jack’s torp would both be no goals.

That’s what people always forget: kick a goal instead of a point and the course of history is different.

Could be massively different.

I remember Fagan having a sook when we spanked them and he was bleating about all their scoring shots. We were kicking them from the top of the square, they were shooting from 50. No acceptance of the reality of kicking one, running into goal, the ball goes back to halfway.

Just saw Dreamtime is locked in for Sat night May 21. Sydney play their game the night before.

The following week we play Sydney on a Friday, so we get a 6-day break, Swans the 7 days.

Why is it that we keep getting fixtures against teams with a better rest?

They play in Melbourne Friday night V Carlton at Marvel, so then need to travel back to Sydney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back