Brownlow Medallist
Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
huh? Revisionist crap.

Freo got to within 3 points in the 3rd quarter.. twice. The final margin was only 15 points.
Freo had all the momentum in the 3rd and absolutely looked like a decent chance to win it. Gunston's goal just before 3/4 time gave us breathing space. Freo never looked likely in the last quarter by the time they started coming back it was nearly too late

FreoRicci

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Richmond v Carlton. Surely. Given the AFL trying to hype this game for the last decade in the opening round, it’s an absolute one sided joke

DEVO

Are We Not Men? We Are...
Sep 8, 2000
Canberra, ACT, Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Parramatta, Carlisle, Ross County
Three of best games I've ever seen were North V Essendon in 1993, 1998 & 2001 (and we lost two of those), but recently with the exception of the 2014 Elimination Final they have all been rather dull. Hopefully as the teams improve in the coming years we can get somewhere near that level again, although I would prefer we win the memorable ones. :)

Toump Ass

The Big Deal
Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
Dees v Collingwood sucks. I can't even remember the last time Melbourne bothered showing up. I think there's some handshake agreement maybe where we get the gate money and thank the big nice Collingwood for giving us a marquee game on a public holiday, and in return we treat it like a training drill and collingwood look nice for a day.

Hope you enjoyed your send off buckley!

basashi

Premiership Player
Jun 18, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
FFC Quay Club
Not every year and not every game...

But over a 20 year stretch the Showdowns are more likely than any other fixture to produce a good game with high quality play, passion, crowd enthusiasm and a good dash of niggle.

Its the by far the most consistent good fixture for neutrals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad